Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

amdy - hurrendous, shocking player.

abdoulaye - very good defender, won't let you down. sad he has gone.

I'd roughly agree with that. I've never seen a worse reader of the game than Amdy.

Stoke fan in peace here honest opinion's on both Faye's as both have played for you.

Abdoulaye is comfortably a premiership centre half, bordering on a very good centre half. He's dominant and can play in DM, which suggests an adequate ability on the ball.

Amady Faye was shit for us. However, with respect, we were looking for an all together different calibre of player than Stoke. Baring in mind he was quite good for Pompey, before we signed him, there is hope. At worst he will be a squad player.

Good luck for the season.

Amdy Faye had the right physicality for the Premiership but not the right intelligence or athleticism. He's a very slow reader of the game. Poor distribution as well.

Abdoulaye Faye is a bit of a beast. Very strong and dominant in the air and won't get pushed around by the more physical strikers. Not the most intelligent either but experienced enough to know how to use what' he's got to the best of his advantage.

Good luck with the season ahead  O0.

Guest Guinness

I'm disappointed we've sold him, can only hope now Bassong continues to show the promise he has done in pre-season.

Faye did a solid enough job for Portsmouth in their first season in the Premiership. Stoke are probably a similar-sized club to what Pompey were that first season, so it could be a shrewd move. I wouldn't count on it though.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. Does not look like Stoke are too concerned about holding on to the ball in midfield. Faye can break up play pretty well and lob the ball up the pitch. Just what youre looking for.

Guest britvicpotter

To be honest we are desperate for pace on the left wing  but imo Liam Lawrence, Ricardo Fuller, Glenn Whelan and Ryan Shawcross will all cut it in the prem.  

Amdy that bad then ? I thought Abdoulaye was fantastic against us when we played you last season can't understand you letting him go unless its the Senegal connection Diao, Faye and Faye.

Hope you have a good season anyway see you all at the Britannia.

You've got a steal there mate. Our top centre half a lot stronger and more reliable than Taylor.

In fact I'd go as far to say it could be the shrewdest £2.25 your club has ever spent. He's just the type of defender you need if you're gonna stay up.

Amdy Faye is not as bad as many on here say, he's no worldbeater and had a rough time at Newcastle but could do a decent job.

Amdy that bad then ? I thought Abdoulaye was fantastic against us when we played you last season can't understand you letting him go unless its the Senegal connection Diao, Faye and Faye.

Hope you have a good season anyway see you all at the Britannia.

Our top centre half

You've not heard the news about us signing Coloccini have you.

Reckon Stoke will go down and will win few friends along the way but good luck to you's, always good to have some different teams in the Premiership and as long as we take 6pts off i don't care if you stay up or not.