Saviola on loan?

Dokko

With Jonas in midfield behind them aswell, maybe even N'Zogbia.

Who would have thought we would have all that pace.

We'd batter the majority of teams, they wouldn't live with that.

Maybe get a midfielder in that can open up teams when they play like Bolton did yesterday and we would be well on our way.

i think people are underestimating the importance of a big man. Surely people can see the necessity of having a player who can hold up the ball and give the midfield a chance to join in the attack. We cant play 100% of the game on the floor and there has to be someone who is able to hold up the ball against big strong defenders.

To think we witnessed so many years of one of the best ever players who could hold up a ball and watch all the oppurtunities and times his input was vital and still think that a big man isnt necessary.

With a front 3 man of sav, martin and owen it'd be akin to a midfield of lennon, bentley, modric and dos santos - pure shit.

i think people are underestimating the importance of a big man. Surely people can see the necessity of having a player who can hold up the ball and give the midfield a chance to join in the attack. We cant play 100% of the game on the floor and there has to be someone who is able to hold up the ball against big strong defenders.

To think we witnessed so many years of one of the best ever players who could hold up a ball and watch all the oppurtunities and times his input was vital and still think that a big man isnt necessary.

We never needed such a player when we had Beardsley and Cole.

I'd prefer keegan to go with...

.................Owen

.......Saviola...Martins

It would help address our biggest problem which is the gap between midfield and attack.

Opposition defenders would be absolutely terrified of the thought of such pace running at them. Owen excluded.

with owen it's movement and nouse.........even scarier than raw pace.

i wish martins would use his pace more. at times he's too polite about it,as if he feels it's unfair to use it .

Just about to say that.

I don't buy into the myth that you need a big man to hold the ball up to take pressure off your defence either, a team of players that can all do the basics well and help with ball retention is worth far more than a big man that can buy you a few seconds, Arsenal have done it for years.

I think it's what Keegan's looking for in players too, Guthrie didn't cost much but because he can do all of the basics well means he'll fit in well in a good passing team.

I'd prefer keegan to go with...

.................Owen

.......Saviola...Martins

It would help address our biggest problem which is the gap between midfield and attack.

Opposition defenders would be absolutely terrified of the thought of such pace running at them. Owen excluded.

with owen it's movement and nouse.........even scarier than raw pace.

i wish martins would use his pace more. at times he's too polite about it,as if he feels it's unfair to use it .

Yep, I think defenders would be more wary of Owen's runs into the box than Martins' raw pace.

Cole and Bearsdley were completely different type of players who posed 2 different threats to defenders, Saviola, Martins and Owen are pretty similar in how they pose threats to the opposite defence, ie with pace, movement. A defender and opposite manager could safely go into a game setting up tactic in accordance to our front 3 - i,e 3 men in midfield , no height up front, close down as much as possible - force into a long ball game.

If you have that for 38 games a seaon, you;ll get sussed very very quickly.

With B and C we also had 2 attacking wingers to add to contention....

With a front 3 man of sav, martin and owen it'd be akin to a midfield of lennon, bentley, modric and dos santos - pure s***.

Do you really believe that? ???

I'll remeber to put the wink in next time.

But to be fair, my point is that the quality is there and individually they have excellent quality but they're "easily" combated becasue the lack of variation.

EDIT : ;)

Cole and Bearsdley were completely different type of players who posed 2 different threats to defenders, Saviola, Martins and Owen are pretty similar in how they pose threats to the opposite defence, ie with pace, movement. A defender and opposite manager could safely go into a game setting up tactic in accordance to our front 3 - i,e 3 men in midfield , no height up front, close down as much as possible - force into a long ball game.

If you have that for 38 games a seaon, you;ll get sussed very very quickly.

With B and C we also had 2 attacking wingers to add to contention....

Don't forget the unpredictability of wor Shola if he is still here.

In league football, from Wikipedia (:laugh2:).

Michael Owen: 150 goals in 293 appearances.

Obafemi Martins: 49 goals in 154 appearances.

Javier Saviola: 111 goals in 270 appearances.

Total: 310 goals in 717 appearances.

How anyone can argue against those combined statistics is beyond me. :drool:

How did Spain win the Euros incidentally? They pissed on most teams big and small.

And Barca winning the CL with Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Messi up top.

..and Man U winning the ultimate physical Premier league with midgets like Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez for that matter?

With a front 3 man of sav, martin and owen it'd be akin to a midfield of lennon, bentley, modric and dos santos - pure s***.

Do you really believe that? ???

I'll remeber to put the wink in next time.

But to be fair, my point is that the quality is there and individually they have excellent quality but they're "easily" combated becasue the lack of variation.

EDIT : ;)

I disagree, I think the threat of those three on the pitch at the same time would properly shit teams up. Not only that, they'd create gaps for other players, so preoccupied would the other team be with them.

With teams like Bolton doubling even tripling up on Jonas what the hell would they do with Martins, Saviola and Owen also in the team.

Not enough player on the pitch for that action baby.

With teams like Bolton doubling even tripling up on Jonas what the hell would they do with Martins, Saviola and Owen also in the team.

Not enough player on the pitch for that action baby.

And with Milner supplying the creativity aswell! ;)

If we could sign Saviola, a midfielder that can open teams up (Arda?) and an attacking fullback (Pocognoli?) we would be unstoppable against 8-10 teams in the league and would pick up enough points from them to easily put us in the European places.

How did Spain win the Euros incidentally? They pissed on most teams big and small.

..and Man U winning the ultimate physical Premier league with midgets like Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez for that matter?

Rooney's a fucking battering ram though.

for all his diving ronaldo is a very physical player, he can more than hold his own

Ronaldo and Tevez are very strong.