Today's Other Matches

Fugazi

why on earth was shearer shouting (by his own admission) "shoot!" "shoot" when adebayor was running with the ball towards our penalty area?

:thdn:

Because he's a striker at heart.  It's hard to hold yourself back from saying stuff like that when the instinct is in your bones.

this

Guest Geordiesned

Just watching Goals on Sunday and they're on about Portsmouth's 3rd goal yesterday. How can the goal be Defoe's? Yes his effort did bounce over the line but that was not seen by the lineman. They're saying that if Crouch hadn't headed in the rebound the goal wouldn't have been given which I agree with so how can they then say that once Crouch put it in it becomes Defoe's goal? Surely the goal scorer has to be the person who's "goal" is recognised by the officials? Harsh on Defoe maybe but the fact is that even though his shot did cross the line the officials did not see it and did not give it as a goal.

That is all. :)

Just watching Goals on Sunday and they're on about Portsmouth's 3rd goal yesterday. How can the goal be Defoe's? Yes his effort did bounce over the line but that was not seen by the lineman. They're saying that if Crouch hadn't headed in the rebound the goal wouldn't have been given which I agree with so how can they they say that once Crouch put it in it becomes Defoe's goal? Surely the goal scorer has to be the person who's "goal" is recognised by the officials? Harsh on Defoe maybe but the fact is that even though his shot did cross the line the officials did not see it and did not give it as a goal.

That is all. :)

My thoughts exactly.  It's Crouch's goal.  They got it spot on on MOTD last night.

Guest LucaAltieri

Atalanta - Siena

Cagliari - Lazio

Catania - Genoa

Chievo - Reggina

Fiorentina - Juve

Milan - Bologna

Roma - Napoli

Sampdoria - Inter 1-1 (yesterday)

Torino - Lecce

Udinese - Palermo 3-1  (yesterday)

Fiorentina v. Juve should be a good game. Roma v. Napoli should be decent as well.

Well, well, well Tottenham finally playing Modric in a more attaking position i.e. just behind the striker, with Jenas and Zokora in midfield.

Makes a lot more sense to be honest, should be interesting to see how much more effective he can be there.

Certainly a much better idea.