Today's Other Matches

Fugazi

Everton getting bumraped at home. 3-0.

I wonder if that counts as TURM... oh I'm sick of typing it.

I know it sounds ridiculous when you've been beaten 3-0 but Portsmouth were pretty shit. They are really no great shakes. Both sides were rubbish but the difference was that they were solid at the back and we weren't.

The first 2 goals were just gift wrapped. I don't know what the fuck Lescott has been doing over the summer but he's had an awful start, doesn't look the same player he was for the past two seasons.

We hit the post, had 2 off the line and Yakubu took the worst penalty I've seen in a while... so obvious which way he was going and he hit it with no power and at the perfect height for the keeper.  :angry:

Loads of negativity surrounding the club at the minute, I think we're in for an underachieving, crap season. It's got that feel about it.

The first 2 goals were just gift wrapped.

Gift-wrapped can only be applied today to Pablo Counago's goal against us, sorry.

I saw that when I went back home briefly after the match. Very poor, looks like you're going to have a bit of a struggle on as well.

The first 2 goals were just gift wrapped.

Gift-wrapped can only be applied today to Pablo Counago's goal against us, sorry.

I saw that when I went back home briefly after the match. Very poor, looks like you're going to have a bit of a struggle on as well.

The second half after our goal was actually really good. The first half was like last season. I felt awful for the first 45, downtrodden at half-time, but right now am filled with boundless optimism.

We were shit.

We went 1-0 down.

We continued shit.

We hit post.

Play ok.

HT

Play well.

Score.

Miss sitter.

Continue dominating.

Play decent football.

Score.

Hold and win well against the 'football team' who are 'just too good for us'.

Bloody inbreds - threw a fit last year when we beat them at Portman Road for 'managing the game' in an unsportsman-like way and playing hoofball. They can fuck off.

100% home record so far this season - it delights me to say that. First half was shit though.

why on earth was shearer shouting (by his own admission) "shoot!" "shoot" when adebayor was running with the ball towards our penalty area?

:thdn:

Because he's a striker at heart.  It's hard to hold yourself back from saying stuff like that when the instinct is in your bones.