So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have no fear people   NUFC Blogs new ITK has spoken

Coloccini's Curls // Aug 31, 2008 at 10:51

He also said there will be 1 more signing on Monday PLUS a signing that will shock the world late on Monday!!

We can't sign anyone on monday, Shirley?

(Unless they're a free agent of course, but how many of them would "shock the world"?)

Why can't we sign anyone on monday like?

Because I'm stupid and ill-informed?

People still thinking there's actually going to be a wow signing?

There could be, then again there may not be.

It's wrong to assume either way... just wait til midnight Monday and we will find out.

Jason Roberts is NE5's favourite player. FACT!

He's gone off him now and moved on to Ricardo Fuller.

just trying to understand people like you with lower standards, and soopa Mikes lack of ambition !!!

Just heard from a friend of a friend who works at the airport, 2 hours ago, he saw a tall, very dark skinned black bloke with two other guys in suits. Possibly Atouba?

Its guna be like this non stop until Monday midnight isnt it? Black bloke at airport - new signing!!

Although tbf at least this one could be likely given the stories about him in recent weeks but still

just trying to understand people like you with lower standards, and soopa Mikes lack of ambition !!!

So I've got lower expectations even though you're the one wanting to sign Ricardo Fuller?

So I've got lower expectations even though you're the one wanting to sign Ricardo Fuller?

No. I'd rather sign Berbatov, but we're a poor little club with no money and need to understand Mike knows what he's doing.

No. I'd rather sign Berbatov, but we're a poor little club with no money and need to understand Mike knows what he's doing.

I'd rather sign Berbatov, but we can't offer him European football so he won't come here.  I don't believe money is the problem.

I don't think anyone of any note is coming in, which makes the selling of Milner even more galling to me.

I certainly don't expect a WOW signing. I was stood outside the offy next door to the Drayton pub a the Emirates yesterday. Minding my own business scuppering a few green grenades when Mike Ashley and his entourage turned up.

His bouncer was despatched to get the beers in and Mike was mobbed within seconds by fans asking about new signings.

His exact words were "we are looking at 2 or 3, young lads about 22-24, foreigners, because the English market has been done."

I'm not holding my breath, he may have something up his sleeve but I doubt it.

It's going to be a long hard season....... :dave:

Guest elbee909

I still think it's interesting to look at the transfers made in the first few years of Robson's tenure.  But of course, the last board had far more ambition than this lot, so that's us told.

It's like NE5 shows up here only to say 'I told you so' when the funny thing is that there's still time for everything to change.

which of course, shows your theory to be bollocks  :laugh:

I still think it's interesting to look at the transfers made in the first few years of Robson's tenure.  But of course, the last board had far more ambition than this lot, so that's us told.

Bang on.

absolutely correct.

absolutely correct.

:lol:

Serious question. Do you think there might be a case of "learn to walk before you run" here? Like we need to go out and buy players who will get us to places 6 - 10 on a regular basis before we go for a player like Berbatov? Of course the best would be if we could get Robinho, Diego and players like that and make a push for champions league but is that really possible right now?

As far as I know Freddy and the last board did not put in their own cash to make signings instead they took out loans to sign Owen, Luque etc. Maybe the reality right now is that the clubs finances and its position makes it unwise or even impossible to go out and buy the kind of players who could get us to that level fast.

What do you think?

Guest elbee909

absolutely correct.

Anyone know the figures for the net spend in the first, second, third years of Robson's tenure?  Bollocks was it ambitious.