Defender, midfielder, striker

Dave

Fuck it, there's naff all else happening today. ;)

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1372860,00.html

We Still Want Three New Faces Says Gaffer

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United boss Kevin Keegan says that he still wants to bring three new faces to St.James' Park before the transfer window closes in ten days time.

The Magpie chief has already added Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie, Sebastien Bassong and Fabricio Coloccini to his black-and-white ranks this summer, but is determined to add to that number in the coming days.

"We are looking for three more players before the deadline but they have to be the right players," KK told reporters at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's clash with Bolton Wanderers.

"We need one more defender, one midfielder and possibly a forward.

"We will keep looking right until the window closes on Monday night.

"We must get two or three more in, we know that and we will do it."

:D

Guest Chubby Jason

I'm assuming this one defender will be a left-back, since he's been saying we need one for ages now, so that puts the Senderon rumours in a little bit of doubt unless we sign two defenders.

Guest icemanblue

Cue three seperate threads:

Who is the defender?

Who is the midfielder?

Who is the forward?

Fucking good news though.

Guest Chubby Jason

"We must get two or three more in, we know that and we will do it."

He sounds quite confident, that's good enough for me.

Would be nice to have a happy finish to a transfer window for a change. Remember Sibierski? I was watching the Soprano's when my mate text me to tell me he'd singed, I was fuming...turned out to be OK in the end but still showed we were nothing more than mediocre at that time.

Lets hope we bring in some real quality in the next week.

Strange comments on Coloccini been cover for left back.

I don't see what's so strange about it. Clearly just making the point he feels the player is good enough to play anywhere if needs must.

I don't see what's so strange about it. Clearly just making the point he feels the player is good enough to play anywhere if needs must.

We all know he's a quality player, I wouldn't expect Man U to ship Ferdinand to left back though would you.

if we're going to play 4-4-2 with Owen in the hole and Martins upfront, i'd like to see us bring in a right-winger as well as a central midfielder. don't rate anyone we currently have in the RW position and without a striker to lead the line there's more emphasis on the wingers to stretch the game.

if we go back to the 4-3-3 then a central midfielder (ideally two) and a striker.

and it looks like left-back is a priority for Keegan whatever happens, so a lot to do and not a great deal of time to do it in.  :undecided:

We all know he's a quality player, I wouldn't expect Man U to ship Ferdinand to left back though would you.

If they had enough injury problems, why not? Making a mountain out of a molehill tbh.

If they had enough injury problems, why not? Making a mountain out of a molehill tbh.

even with injuries i think they'd rather play a reserve at left-back than move their best defender out of position as you need stability in the centre.

even with injuries i think they'd rather play a reserve at left-back than move their best defender out of position as you need stability in the centre.

Their reserves are probably good enough to cover there. We don't even have first team cover.

Not really, it's best we have two players for each position, though he obviously sees Charlie as a left back, I'm saying that if our first choice left back got injured then it wouldn't be ideal for this to mean Coloccini has to go left back and then weaken our central defence.

I like KK we are lucky to have him here and I don't want to say sign this and that but one player we desperatly need is DM in Patrick Viera mould. Who really be a heart beat of the team to make us thick infront of the defense. Inspit of saying this KK know what we want he is not like our other mangers he will bring a right player.