Spurs in crisis !

Guest f***thepress

I was agreeing with you.

Guest hikickry

just think, we might not have gone for jonas had we ended up with modric, i know which one id rather have...(Jonas). Im so glad it isnt going well for spurs, especially because of all of the southern press arselicking they have been receiving, as opposed to our mocking.

ha, bloody brilliant, lets hope they keepup their bad run  >:D

Cringe-worthy.

Can't believe people are coming to conclusions after TWO games.

where did i once say i think their season will end up as bad as it has started? please tell me. i only said i hoped it stayed this way, settle down man. Are you trying to tell me that after all the arse-licking they have received that you arent even slightly happy that their start hasn't been that great. Honestly man. :rolleyes:

Guest hikickry

Only a saddo would give a monkeys bottom about Spurs.

i suppose its just the press/pundits that have been getting on my nerves, it gets tiring. them getting a good/bad result doesnt make/break my day however.

and btw, you must have had enough interest to read the thread in the first place, no?  :pow:

just think, we might not have gone for jonas had we ended up with modric, i know which one id rather have...(Jonas). Im so glad it isnt going well for spurs, especially because of all of the southern press arselicking they have been receiving, as opposed to our mocking.

Cringe-worthy.

where did i once say i think their season will end up as bad as it has started? please tell me. i only said i hoped it stayed this way, settle down man. Are you trying to tell me that after all the arse-licking they have received that you arent even slightly happy that their start hasn't been that great. Honestly man. :rolleyes:

I was specifically on about your Modric comment.

Guest hikickry

Cringe-worthy.

I was specifically on about your Modric comment.

its a fair comment imo. We can only make assessments on what we have seen and what i have seen from Jonas so far is someone that gives 100% all of the time, gets back when he needs to and plays with a smile on his face. I have seen less of that from Modric so far. Dont get me wrong, im not so naive as to think that Modric wont become class in the premiership, im only stating that Jonas seems more my type of player, whereas Modric is a bit more lightweight imo. And that isnt even looking at the pricetags. To say an observation on a player is cringe-worthy is ott.

Guest unrealterrorist

Why post a thread you know won't last more than a couple of minutes?

and the minutes just keep on ticking

have to say ha ha to spurs but it won't last, they'll make a few more moves in the market and get it together to some degree

the thing is they've lost 2 games against teams they'd expect to be beating in chasing their goal of 4th place, the more of these type of games they lose before turning it around the harder it will be for them to recover when they play the manu's & chelski's of this world not mention the likes of us/villa/everton

they need a result, quick really, personally hope they don't get it but not arsed either way

Have to admit, I was actually happy when I heard that the Mackems won. Them winning one more game isn't going to change their final position much, but Spurs' top 4 dream getting torpedoed like this is just priceless.

I feel like a bad fan now  :undecided: heh

What a shithole Spurs have dug up for themselves, they've spent nearly 50 mil or so on players, but they still need three~four more players spread across all areas of the pitch to be a functional team. Comedy gold. \\

Actually think our squad right now looks a lot better as it is right now. Less big names, but it works better as a team. Who would have thought you'd ever be able to say that about a Newcastle team.

Have to admit, I was actually happy when I heard that the Mackems won. Them winning one more game isn't going to change their final position much, but Spurs' top 4 dream getting torpedoed like this is just priceless.

What a shithole Spurs have dug up for themselves, they've spent nearly 50 mil or so on players, but they still need three~four more players spread across all areas of the pitch to be a functional team. Comedy gold. \\

Actually think our squad right now looks a lot better as it is right now. Less big names, but it works better as a team. Who would have thought you'd ever be able to say that about a Newcastle team.

agreed on all counts

agreed on all counts

you think our squad looks a lot better as it is right now?

you what?

agreed on all counts

you think our squad looks a lot better as it is right now?

you what?

isn't he saying we've a more balanced squad/team rather than an average team with a couple of star names?  that's how i read it anyways...

i think he's on about the type of squad rather than the size, i.e. we're adding quality across the squad albeit at a rate i'm not so happy about

maybe i've read it wrong

well whatever, but i'm not convinced at all that we're functioning that well as a team and we wont until we get couple of players with genine vision/intelligence

In 2001/02 we were a fairly mediocre team with 4 star players, that didn't exactly go to shit, did it?

well whatever, but i'm not convinced at all that we're functioning that well as a team and we wont until we get couple of players with genine vision/intelligence

In 2001/02 we were a fairly mediocre team with 4 star players, that didn't exactly go to shit, did it?

not really sure where this is going, surely oldtype was comparing spurs laughable start to ours given the fact they've spent 40m+ on "names"

personally i think we're functioning well as a team but lack a bit of magic in the obvious areas and are carry a little too much dead wood in duff/milner/smith when he plays

can't remember who said it but replace duff & milner with players who have an end product and we'd be a very dangerous team, as it is a lot of stuff breaks down with them right now but we're still functioning pretty well regardless imo

Guest Howaythetoon

Spurs don't seem to have changed at all since Ramos come in, they are still a mess all over the park and remind me of Newcastle during Sir Bobby's final days. They have talent and will win games but they now need stability, they have sold and bought too many players and made too many changes around the club so everything is up in the air. To lose Keane, Defoe and Berbatov (very likely now) all proven Premiership players who scored the bulk of their goals, players their whole team was designed around, will make it tough for them to progress even with quality additions brought in as they take time to settle, adjust and adapt to this league and most of all, to Ramos' plans which to me seem all over the place. I'm wondering what kind of impact his lack of English is having.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like all of their summer signings but they will prove hard to incorporate successfully into a team because they are too individualistic. They lack balance badly.

with the squad they've got it's unlikely they won't turn things round. However it's nice watching them get off to a shocker after the money they've spent and the expectations they had coming into the season.

I enjoy laughing at Tottenham in the way that fans of other teams like laughing at us.

I like all of their summer signings but they will prove hard to incorporate successfully into a team because they are too individualistic. They lack balance badly.

They're only individualistic because they're a new team. This will change.

I do however hate spurs with all my heart. I was nearly brought to tears trying to consider who i wanted to lose more, spurs or the sudetanland yesterday.

However, i think spurs have a similar problem to what liverpool had in the middle of the park before they got mascherano. They have a deep-lying water carrier in the deschamps mould (modric) who can't tackle. An they have Jenas who gets up and down but also can't really track back well or get forward well. They need Jenas higher up the pitch to be at his best. Similar to old liverpool, they had alonso deep-lying playmaker who spread it well but couldn't really tackle/defend, and gerrard who could go up and down but to be at his best really needs to be higher up the pitch.

If they get a mascherano type player, freeing modric to spray passes from higher up the pitch where he can threaten teams' defences better, they'll be fine. Also, Bentley is undoubted class