Spurs in crisis !

Guest f***thepress

Have to admit, I was actually happy when I heard that the Mackems won. Them winning one more game isn't going to change their final position much, but Spurs' top 4 dream getting torpedoed like this is just priceless.

I feel like a bad fan now  :undecided: heh

What a shithole Spurs have dug up for themselves, they've spent nearly 50 mil or so on players, but they still need three~four more players spread across all areas of the pitch to be a functional team. Comedy gold. \\

Actually think our squad right now looks a lot better as it is right now. Less big names, but it works better as a team. Who would have thought you'd ever be able to say that about a Newcastle team.

agreed on all counts

you think our squad looks a lot better as it is right now?

you what?

isn't he saying we've a more balanced squad/team rather than an average team with a couple of star names?  that's how i read it anyways...

i think he's on about the type of squad rather than the size, i.e. we're adding quality across the squad albeit at a rate i'm not so happy about

maybe i've read it wrong

Nope, you are correct sir.

After reading those calamity threads on the Spurs boards, apparently Ramos has a fondness for playing players out of position... The Spanish Big Sam?  ;D

I like all of their summer signings but they will prove hard to incorporate successfully into a team because they are too individualistic. They lack balance badly.

They're only individualistic because they're a new team. This will change.

I do however hate spurs with all my heart. I was nearly brought to tears trying to consider who i wanted to lose more, spurs or the sudetanland yesterday.

However, i think spurs have a similar problem to what liverpool had in the middle of the park before they got mascherano. They have a deep-lying water carrier in the deschamps mould (modric) who can't tackle. An they have Jenas who gets up and down but also can't really track back well or get forward well. They need Jenas higher up the pitch to be at his best. Similar to old liverpool, they had alonso deep-lying playmaker who spread it well but couldn't really tackle/defend, and gerrard who could go up and down but to be at his best really needs to be higher up the pitch.

If they get a mascherano type player, freeing modric to spray passes from higher up the pitch where he can threaten teams' defences better, they'll be fine. Also, Bentley is undoubted class

Well said!

Spurs rarely seem to play well against the North East.  :shifty:

I reckon they'll do pretty good in Europe but be hit and miss in the league. I just don't get who they have as backup if some of their key players get injured, since they've sold the likes of Malbranque and Chimbonda.

Reckon spurs could become the new newcastle, i know its way way early and i know theres 9 days still left in the market but if they dont get any bite in there squad then i genuinely think they'll be screwed, the crapper sides will be ultra gritty and physcial and that wont suit and the bigger team will be a match for them anyway.

Could easily turn into the new newcastle- plenty of talent on the field but turmoil off it.

They still look a bit vulnerable in the air in defence, and so long as they've got that soft underbelly, they won't move forward.

They also seem to have overplayed their hand with Berbatov. It's not the best preparation if your best player is sulking on the sidelines.

They also seem to have overplayed their hand with Berbatov. It's not the best preparation if your best player is sulking on the sidelines.

if i was manu now i'd be revising my offer minus about 5m...don't see what out spurs have got, they can't keep him now so manu are in the driving seat

even if he does go they still need to sign 2 strikers right?  unless they're relying on darren bent for the season

pah ha ha

Are Spurs skint or something? They've made back what they've spent in sales, surprised the press don't pick up on that.

They need to get the balance right which doesn't involve playing Bentley wide left.

Are Spurs skint or something? They've made back what they've spent in sales, surprised the press don't pick up on that.

They need to get the balance right which doesn't involve playing Bentley wide left.

"skint?  spurs?  you, sir, are a northern buffoon, a monkey if you will...the very fact spurs play sir bentley in that position is because they choose to do so, it's all part of our masterplan to achieve world domination

skint?  pah!"

just thought i'd reply in the vein of a fleet street hack there from the era of drop the dead donkey or something else i'm confusing it with

but really, spurs?  skint?  bottomless pit, itks agreed it a while back

I wonder if they will sell Berbatov in this transfer window. If not then it doesn't look good for them having a uinhappy player in the squad. And if they do sell i doubt they have time to sign a player even near as good as him. Keane and Berbatov sold then. Those two were the best players for them last season and without them i can really see them struggling for goals as many has mentioned before. They have no balance or stability at all in their team atm. Good for us, enjoyable to see them suffer if they are going to ;)

Woodgates had a go at Berbatov in the papers :D

But Spurs centre-back Woodgate rapped: “What he’s done doesn’t give out a great message to the supporters, if I’m honest.

"The boys are working twice as hard for each other. If it was me, I would do it differently.

“I would work hard for the club up until I actually left. I’d still be playing until I was leaving.

"Even if I didn’t want to be somewhere I would still give 100 per cent because that’s the way I was brought up.”

Good stuff