Andy Gray

Guest Geordiesned
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest hikickry

cant stand andy gray, as everyone has said, he has wet dreams over man utd. as a commentator or analyst, you just cant be biased. absolutely hate him and always have. who does he think he is with his electronic gadgets, who cares how *insert top 4 side* won, we have seen the result, we dont want to listen to endless arse licking afterward. hes a complete arse.

The man's a complete prat. His demise started with the "you beauty" embarassment and he's got steadily worse with a continual obsession over the big 4. Himself, the unbearably smug Richard keys and the desperate "listen to meeeeeeee, please" antics of Jamie Redyapp, make Sky's punditry an instant irrelavance.

Stelling should have had Keys' job some years back.

Agree with all of that

i like andy gray, and i've never noticed much bias from him in newcastle matches that i've watched. probably one of my favourite pundits, and he has a good voice for it, unlike motson and tilsley who make me want to hang myself everytime i hear them speak.

I remember when we beat Manure 5:0 and he simply refused to accept that Peacocks header had crossed the line, going through replay after replay to try to find a way to show that it hadn't.  Then when he finally had to accept it had crossed the line he changed tack and said that even though it had the ref couldn't possibly have been sure so he shouldn't have allowed it..

See this for example. Bullshit. It was no clear at all it had gone over from actual play, very natural reaction. Thought maybe the decision was wrong simply. When the replay finally came it at gone over they both just realised it was the right decision.

I guess the fact he creamed himself over Ginola's goal, Ferdinand's and was always a Shearer soopafan counts for nothing too.

First of all I didn't say anything about open play.  Gray was looking at replays for most of the first half and couldn't accept it had gone over the line until he'd looked at every possible angle.  The bloke was looking for the replay he could use to backup his opinion.  When he didn't find it he didn't simply accept that it had gone over the line.  He tried to change tack by saying that the ref shouldn't have given it because he couldn't possibly have known that it crossed the line.  To be honest its really idiotic of you to try to argue about something you obviously can't remember.  Try going back and watching the broadcast before talking bollocks yes?  :doh:

To be honest its really idiotic of you to try to argue about something you obviously can't remember, or perhaps didn't even see in the first place. Try going back and watching the broadcast before talking bollocks yes?

... Fucking hell :lol:

Was a simple succession of events. It took Sky a while to find the angle that proved it had gone over, and it was close call no one can deny that. Even I remember not being convinced until that side angle was shown. Him and Tyler admitted they were wrong.

+ as I said, so even what you were puting forward about the Peacock goal was true, the fact in the very same game, he was gloryfying Ginola's and Ferdinand's goals is irrelevant?

Again, the replays had shown the ball had crossed the line long before Gray stopped looking.  Also you keep ignoring what he said after it was proven the ball had gone in, which was the most damning part.  Its amazing anyone could deny the bitterness and bias Gray showed in that moment, then again no opinion on the net ever really surprises me these days, no matter how bizarre.

What did you expect him to say about the other goals?..  He's hardly going to try to claim they didn't cross the line or call them shit goals is he..  mackems.gif

What did you expect him to say about the other goals?..  He's hardly going to try to claim they didn't cross the line or call them shit goals is he :idiot2:

Well exactly and when a goal is litigious/close he'll call it as such.

Funny how you also hear ManU fans claim he's biased as hell against them too. Because he did give a lot of credit to Blackburn when they won the title, and later Chelsea too.

Just a classic case of people noticing when something hits and ignoring all the times it doesnt.

Guest Phil K

Noticed there has been criticism from one or two sources - not just us about Gray.

Not from the Man U or Liverpool fans though...wonder why ?

Quite liked him years ago - can't stand the biased tw*t now though - so like Alan Green in this respect. A pair of.....  :fwap:

Guest Scouseman

Think you'll find Liverpool fans hate him as much as most on here.

I agree he loves Gerrard but hardly a month goes by that he doesn't suggest he should move on to further his career.  He continually criticises our manager, rotation and zonal marking even though most of what he's said about these things haven't proved to be true.

He's also an ex blue and was given loads of stick by them for his 'you beauty' comment. 

Guest Geordiesned

Best pundit there is. Pretty much always talks sense, no BS and with a lot of common sense. More people in football should be like him.

The comments about the bias have always annoyed me. Rather ridiculous thing to say, of course Sky are going to push for the bigger games, and in the space of a game (like last week) he is going to make comments going either way. Trust people to only note the negative.

90 people having already voted that they don't like him now but used to, to me shows that people don't only note the negative.

He does make some pretty shit comments and observations but I still like to have him in the commentary box. He might talk bollocks but at least he has an opinion and isn't afraid to give it. Far better than the dreary Alan Smith (not ours, this is another useless tosser called Alan Smith).

Guest Geordiesned

He does make some pretty shit comments and observations but I still like to have him in the commentary box. He might talk bollocks but at least he has an opinion and isn't afraid to give it. Far better than the dreary Alan Smith (not ours, this is another useless tosser called Alan Smith).

(Dreary Ex-Arsenal) Alan Smith came out with a stupid comment a couple of weeks ago in a match. I can't remember who was playing but someone had a shot and were then completely taken out by an oppostion defender. Smith said that as the ball had gone it wasn't a foul! I would have thought that as the ball had gone it was a foul!!

He does make some pretty s*** comments and observations but I still like to have him in the commentary box. He might talk bollocks but at least he has an opinion and isn't afraid to give it. Far better than the dreary Alan Smith (not ours, this is another useless tosser called Alan Smith).

(Dreary Ex-Arsenal) Alan Smith came out with a stupid comment a couple of weeks ago in a match. I can't remember who was playing but someone had a shot and were then completely taken out by an oppostion defender. Smith said that as the ball had gone it wasn't a foul! I would have thought that as the ball had gone it was a foul!!

They have played the game at the highest level but at the end of he day they never come out with anything different from what the average joe in the pub says.

Guest hikickry

After the man u game Richard Keys seemed pretty down beat.  I think Sky were hoping for another thrashing on TV.  Unlucky hairy hands.

take a closer look, hes waxed them now.  :laugh:

He was great over the Summer in America. Very objective. Of course, England and Scotland weren't involved.

I was on holiday in the US during Euro 2008 and caught some of the games on ESPN. Andy Gray was bound to look good compared to the other morons they had commentating. There was an older Irish guy who was a total embarrassment to himself (any US based people know who it was?). Hearing them talk about PK's (penalty kicks) and all that crap. It's probably like British commentators trying to talk about Baseball.

I once played golf with Andy Gray and Richard Keys. It was only the last two holes, and I reckon they'd been drinking but they were both absolute tossers. Every second word was f..k. I was really diasppointed at the time because it was when we had not been in the Premiership for long and I'd thought they were both really pro-Newcastle way back then

Noticed there has been criticism from one or two sources - not just us about Gray.

Not from the Man U or Liverpool fans though...wonder why ?

Quite liked him years ago - can't stand the biased tw*t now though - so like Alan Green in this respect. A pair of.....  :fwap:

Shoe Polishers?  strange