Andy Gray

Guest Geordiesned
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

He's getting more and more on my tits every match he commentates on. I used to like him and thought he talked a lot of sense but he's become so biased towards the top teams, Man Utd in particular it's ridiculous. Take last week and his clear disappointment when we took the lead at Old Trafford. Then tonight it's as if he was commentating on MUTV not Sky. Scholes charges down a cross with his arms up and it's "ball to hand". Fletcher berates the linesman right at the end getting right in his face, the ref books him and Gray tells us it's petty from the ref! Why? Because he booked a Man Utd player? Players have been told that they will be booked if they argue over decisions and all signed up to it.

So what are your thoughts on him?

Guest optimistic nit

i like andy gray, and i've never noticed much bias from him in newcastle matches that i've watched. probably one of my favourite pundits, and he has a good voice for it, unlike motson and tilsley who make me want to hang myself everytime i hear them speak.

i like andy gray, and i've never noticed much bias from him in newcastle matches that i've watched. probably one of my favourite pundits, and he has a good voice for it, unlike motson and tilsley who make me want to hang myself everytime i hear them speak.

I've hated him ever since we got beat away at Wolves in the cup. Absolutely disgracefully biased commentary.

Guest quklaani

Bias you can kind of accept, but what about Martin Tyler.  He always sounds so bloody bored...I guess life is hard for him without OOOONNNNNNNNNRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to like him because he's passionate about football and that comes through in his commentary. I like commentators to sound like they're enjoying the football, by getting excited etc.

However I can't stand him now for the reasons given above. He favours certain clubs, or at the very least appears to.

Spot on there mate,well said!I couldnt believe Scholes didnt get booked for the first handball when he grabbed the ball on the ground when a pompey player was well away on the wing.Then at the end Fletcher not only tried to stop them taking aquick free kick but also having a right go at the ref.He was iritating the shit outta me going on  out about how great Man U and Rooney were playing!I thought neither were great,average at best.

Guest optimistic nit

I've hated him ever since we got beat away at Wolves in the cup. Absolutely disgracefully biased commentary.

i didn't watch that game, but he's always complimented us when we've done well in games i've watched.

he may have some niggling inconsistansies (not that i've noticed any) but he is human, and i've never detected andy thompson levels of bias, or anything remotely near that or near the levels of a lot of other pundits (make that most other pundits).

"Oh it's Paul Scholes, it's ok he can't tackle for shit as it's Paul Scholes. We'll just have a good laugh about that one."

It's not just Gray, but that pisses me off no end, like it's ok for him to out in totally shit tackles as it's Paul Scholes.

"Oh it's Paul Scholes, it's ok he can't tackle for s*** as it's Paul Scholes. We'll just have a good laugh about that one."

Aye. "After all these years he still cant tackle" as someone latino or African midfielder is pole axed on the floor.

Jamie Redknapp  last season said "Paul Scholes does not mis time tackles he kicks you & used to do it to me"

I don't mind Gray that much compared to Craig Burlery

I haven't seen/heard Andy Gray in about 10 years or so, as when I lived back in the UK I never got sky. However I do remember him being extremely good back then, him and Martin Tyler were by far and away the best in the business. I guess he must have changed over the years.

I haven't seen/heard Andy Gray in about 10 years or so, as when I lived back in the UK I never got sky. However I do remember him being extremely good back then, him and Martin Tyler were by far and away the best in the business. I guess he must have changed over the years.

Not really people are just bored of him now & with Motson gone him & Tyler are no longer the anti-Motson.

I tell you what does fucking wind me up - though it's with most commentators rather than just Gray - saying something was 'nearly great', usually just because it's from a good player. No, it's either a good *attempt* or a failed pass/shot etc. 'Oh what a good player he is, you can see what he was trying there' and that. Annoys me.