Andy Gray

Guest Geordiesned
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I used to love Gray, and I'd always listen to him or if he had an opinion Id normally agree with him.

But now, as people on here have said, hes so unbelievably biased to the 'top 4'. Its getting increasingly annoying and now he only seems to pay attention to the bigger teams and only talks about the 'bigger' teams. Its getting boring.

Hes still one of the better commentators around....but c'mon, Im not exactly going to choose him over John Motson or Mark Lawrenson. As for Clyde Tilsdy (spelling), well, he sounds like hes having an orgasm every time a goals scored!  ;D

Guest Geordiesned

What happened to that woman commentator?

Possibly the only thing ITV have over the BBC's football coverage is that she isn't part of their staff.

BBC had her out in China for the woman's Olympic football. She unfortunately I think she'll be back on MOTD.

Guest BooBoo

The man's a complete prat. His demise started with the "you beauty" embarassment and he's got steadily worse with a continual obsession over the big 4. Himself, the unbearably smug Richard keys and the desperate "listen to meeeeeeee, please" antics of Jamie Redyapp, make Sky's punditry an instant irrelavance.

Stelling should have had Keys' job some years back.

The man's a complete prat. His demise started with the "you beauty" embarassment and he's got steadily worse with a continual obsession over the big 4. Himself, the unbearably smug Richard keys and the desperate "listen to meeeeeeee, please" antics of Jamie Redyapp, make Sky's punditry an instant irrelavance.

Agreed he deserves it., but I prefer him on Soccer Saturday anyway.

Jamie Redknapp was a joke today. Said Man Utd should sign Berbatov because he's like Cantona.  ???

Also said Spurs were a selling club who only bought players to sell them on later.

Guest BooBoo

Agreed he deserves it., but I prefer him on Soccer Saturday anyway.

I'm guessing Soccer Saturday is now Sky's flagship show. It's ceratinly more appealing than the guff on so called Super Sunday/ Monday/ Midweek.

That spoof is spot on with the way that they do Brent-esque glances to the camera. What annoys me about Gray is how he seems to think he is the absolute king of sky sports now. He's so full of himself and so smug it pisses me off no end. And don't get me started on the way he sometimes comes over all philosophical when he's spouting his bullshit about football, or his bloody video analysis of everything that happened over the weekend. Utter see you next tuesday

Guest BooBoo

That spoof is spot on with the way that they do Brent-esque glances to the camera. What annoys me about Gray is how he seems to think he is the absolute king of sky sports now. He's so full of himself and so smug it pisses me off no end. And don't get me started on the way he sometimes comes over all philosophical when he's spouting his bullshit about football, or his bloody video analysis of everything that happened over the weekend. Utter see you next tuesday

Yep, he really thinks he's Mr Premier League now and his ludicrous "The Last Word" show really highlights a man who has long since vanished up his own backside. Shame really as i thought ten years ago, that he was an excellent pundit.

All commentators and pundits are shite. I'd prefer to just have the crowd noise or maybe someone who simply states who's got the ball. Commentators always get stuff totally wrong and then are nearly always too arrogant to admit it and continue to reiterate their view despite replays showing that they were talking out of their arse, like we all knew in the first place. As for pundits, when have they ever added anything to the coverage, they talk utter guff and I'd prefer to just have a few replays of the key moments in the match without their "expert analysis", as it is I nearly always turn off at the final whistle.

i like andy gray, and i've never noticed much bias from him in newcastle matches that i've watched. probably one of my favourite pundits, and he has a good voice for it, unlike motson and tilsley who make me want to hang myself everytime i hear them speak.

I remember when we beat Manure 5:0 and he simply refused to accept that Peacocks header had crossed the line, going through replay after replay to try to find a way to show that it hadn't.  Then when he finally had to accept it had crossed the line he changed tack and said that even though it had the ref couldn't possibly have been sure so he shouldn't have allowed it..

i like andy gray, and i've never noticed much bias from him in newcastle matches that i've watched. probably one of my favourite pundits, and he has a good voice for it, unlike motson and tilsley who make me want to hang myself everytime i hear them speak.

I remember when we beat Manure 5:0 and he simply refused to accept that Peacocks header had crossed the line, going through replay after replay to try to find a way to show that it hadn't.  Then when he finally had to accept it had crossed the line he changed tack and said that even though it had the ref couldn't possibly have been sure so he shouldn't have allowed it..

That's exactly what I'm on about.

Sky have always backed Man U - they even tried to take the club over back in 1998 - so its hardly surprising that Gray is biased towards them ; he was going to leave to take over as manager of Everton in the 90s, and Sky gave him a whopping pay rise to stay, so there you have it - Turkeys DON'T vote for Christmas and he's following the Party Line, just like MPs do..!

being based in the US, we get very little of Andy Gray the EPL commentator, so I can't speak to the bias portion of it. We had him in Euro's, and in that regard, he was incredible for us. His popularity exploded here, and he was one of the reasons the tournament had phenomenal success and ratings here. He started out as part of the number 2 announcing team (announcing the worse game of the day), but he quickly proved to be so popular for enthusiasm and obvious knowledge of the game (as opposed to the other crap voices who might as well have thought they were watching a game of baseball), he was the star voice and on the number 1 team within a week of the tourney's start. So while he may be biased in England, strictly as a commentator, I have to say he's great.

Best pundit there is. Pretty much always talks sense, no BS and with a lot of common sense. More people in football should be like him.

The comments about the bias have always annoyed me. Rather ridiculous thing to say, of course Sky are going to push for the bigger games, and in the space of a game (like last week) he is going to make comments going either way. Trust people to only note the negative.

See this for example. Bullshit. It was no clear at all it had gone over from actual play, very natural reaction. Thought maybe the decision was wrong simply. When the replay finally came it at gone over they both just realised it was the right decision.

I guess the fact he creamed himself over Ginola's goal, Ferdinand's and was always a Shearer soopafan counts for nothing too.