James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

I wonder what King Kev's mood will be like in today's Press Conference?

Theres a press conference?

Pre-match press conference.

Guest toonlass

Very disapointed at the news. Why didnt we try harder to keep him? Theres only a few more days left of the window and I doubt we'll sign a replacement. Fair enough, we have got £10 million for him, but we have also lost one of our best players.  

Why do people keep saying he was one of our best players?

they mistake graft for class

How will Keegan deal with "he's the last player me or the owner want to sell" issue? He must have known something was up when he said this. Maybe Keegan didn't want to sell him but Ashley did. Who knows - we now need some fast dealing and as Keegan says players who are better than we already have.

We didn't want to sell him, he handed in a written transfer request. The price quoted would also prove that we didn't really want to sell.

He is not worth £12 million (if that is the fee) but then again the market is ridiculously over-priced at the minute.

I love his attitude and he is a model pro both on and off the pitch.

As has been mentioned, his end product leaves a lot to be desired from the flank but I've said for ages that I'd like to see him up top, where he started out, as he is a very intelligent player.

37 under 21 caps tells you he is not s**** - he is only 22 so will improve.

I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us on the balls, sadly - I hope I am wrong!

We have to bring new bodies in by Monday, its an absolute must we do.

I wonder what King Kev's mood will be like in today's Press Conference? It'll be interesting to see after his comments last week that Milner was the last person that both him and Ashley wanted to see leave NUFC.

Agree with all this - waiting to see what happens by Monday, and if there are no more decent arrivals, its a bad deal 12m or no 12m(its actually only 8-9 anyway..)

Guest samtoonarmy

Very disapointed at the news. Why didnt we try harder to keep him? Theres only a few more days left of the window and I doubt we'll sign a replacement. Fair enough, we have got £10 million for him, but we have also lost one of our best players.  

Becasue he is. He was the best player on the pitch at Coventry. Set up one goal  and scored one himself.

We haven't lost one of our best players. He's been in around the first team safely for the last three years without ever becoming a rock of our team. Occasionally he produces a good goal or an assist, but by and large he's pretty average. I only care about his depature from a lack of squad depth point of view. I don't like Geremi either but he's more effective as a winger. Fair enough Milner has been handy so far as a support striker but when everyone is fit he wouldn't play there. Even if we don't sign a replacement I won't be losing any sleep.

Becasue he is. He was the best player on the pitch at Coventry. Set up one goal  and scored one himself.

Becasue he is. He was the best player on the pitch at Coventry. Set up one goal  and scored one himself.

One game. I'll go out on a limb and say for every good game he plays there are about ten that he's average.

Guest sombrero

maybe he can get them a flukey goal too!, i dont know what is up behind the scenes but villa bought 8 players!, i dont know how many they sold or released but to get 8 in is not bad, we only got three? whats gaaaan on? unless im missing someone obvious

Guest samtoonarmy

Oh dear God we have such a bunch of mongs on this forum.

We've sold an unsettled player who was distinctly average for a fee rumored to be £12 million.

Where's the downside?

He was one of our best players.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've sold an unsettled player who was distinctly average for a fee rumored to be £12 million.

Where's the downside?

Some of it has to go to Leeds is the only one I can think of

maybe he can get them a flukey goal too!, i dont know what is up behind the scenes but villa bought 8 players!, i dont know how many they sold or released but to get 8 in is not bad, we only got three? whats gaaaan on? unless im missing someone obvious

We have brought 4 players in so far (not including youth team players).

He is not worth £12 million (if that is the fee) but then again the market is ridiculously over-priced at the minute.

I love his attitude and he is a model pro both on and off the pitch.

As has been mentioned, his end product leaves a lot to be desired from the flank but I've said for ages that I'd like to see him up top, where he started out, as he is a very intelligent player.

37 under 21 caps tells you he is not s**** - he is only 22 so will improve.

I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us on the balls, sadly - I hope I am wrong!

We have to bring new bodies in by Monday, its an absolute must we do.

I wonder what King Kev's mood will be like in today's Press Conference? It'll be interesting to see after his comments last week that Milner was the last person that both him and Ashley wanted to see leave NUFC.

100% convinced you are right! Watch Milner/Villa do well this season now and finish above us, not shocked if he has a blinder for them against us at all. I really hope we have 2-3 top quality in coming players or with inevitable injuries we are going to be fucked.

Where's the downside?

No offence but if you cannot see the downside of how late in the window it is, and how small our sqaad already is, then you are the mong.

However, the upsides do outweigh the downsides, but that doesn't mean there isn't any.

The press conference will be very interesting indeed.

I'd imagine KK's got a script. :lol:

I don't think there'll be one. According to Oliver he spoke to him this morning as he got the plane to London.

Are they not pretty much required these days?

Guest BeatMakerz

29 Aug 2008

PrintPrint SendSend

Breaking News: Milner Completes Villa Move

By Craig Hope

JAMES Milner has completed his move to Aston Villa after penning a four-year deal with the Midlands club.

The 22-year-old was signed for United by Sir Bobby Robson in the summer of 2004 and went on to make 136 appearances, scoring 11 goals.

Milner spent the 2005/06 on loan at Villa Park where he netted three times in 33 outings.

O0 one of our best players

Guest toonlass

Where's the downside?

He was one of our best players.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which games have you been watching? We were far better last season with him not in the team. One good game in 10 does not make you one of our best players. FFS. Jonas, Zoggy, Geremi and Barton are better than Milner.