James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm up for slaughter now

but if keegan didnt sell milner then the club could'nt move forward is that what he's saying?

You certainly are.  I'm guessing what he means is Milner is not worth 12m if we re-invest that 12m in another winger we can get a better standard of player thus moving the club on or another 2/3 of Milner's level of talent.

point taken

but in the space of 3 sentences keegan has said that he did'nt want to sell milner, but he had to

to move the club forward

so it wasnt his decision

He didnt say he had to he said it would.  Like I said before you can get a better player than James Milner for 12m.

Edit:  On a Similar note how many of you are from The Sun/Mirror trying to anger us with you posts of misquote.

Sometimes you have to move players on to move the club forwards, we did it with Cole and I trust Keegan to do the same again, £12 million is crazy if true and I'm sure Leeds get less than £1.5 million.

Guest Phil K

No thanks, couldn't stand the influx of Turkish twats signing up going 'i fuk ur mama wen she had holiday here oh yes' etc...

That alone would put me off him, we've just got rid of Emre, and i'm thankful were not in Europe.  :lol:

PML - Great stuff !

Guest black n white

i'm up for slaughter now

but if keegan didnt sell milner then the club could'nt move forward is that what he's saying?

You certainly are.  I'm guessing what he means is Milner is not worth 12m if we re-invest that 12m in another winger we can get a better standard of player thus moving the club on or another 2/3 of Milner's level of talent.

point taken

but in the space of 3 sentences keegan has said that he did'nt want to sell milner, but he had to

to move the club forward

so it wasnt his decision

He didnt say he had to he said it would.  Like I said before you can get a better player than James Milner for 12m.

Edit:  On a Similar note how many of you are from The Sun/Mirror trying to anger us with you posts of misquote.

so if milner had of stayed the club could'nt move forward but now he's gone we can?

I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward

kk is on ssn in the next hour  straighten it all out

roll on tuesday

Guest newcastle4life

With the size of the squad getting rid of players isnt helping, as thats another signing we need. Although he doesnt want to be here and hopefully the money will allow for a better player to come in that wouldnt have before.

i'm up for slaughter now

point taken

to move the club forward

so it wasnt his decision

so if milner had of stayed the club could'nt move forward but now he's gone we can?

roll on tuesday

KK has already said enough,  it's just your Wheyse Louise trying to fucking misqoute pepole when the quotes are easy to fucking read.

He says piss all about having to sell to move the club forward read them.

"I would like to say though that it was my my decision to sell him.

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

i'm up for slaughter now

point taken

to move the club forward

so it wasnt his decision

roll on tuesday

Scenario:

Keegan didn't want to sell any of his wingers.

Ashley therefore wouldn't saction another winger to be bought (4 good wingers who can play on either flank = more than adequate)

Player x becomes available - Keegan wants him as he is better than most of what he has on the wings  = Taking the club forward

Ashley says - you have to sell a winger first, the money's yours to buy player x

Milner is the player in demand and is sold. Player x is bought

We have sold to take the club forward (Glass half emptiers would call this being a selling club, half fullers would call it team improvements).

So here Keegan didn't want to sell Milner, but was willing to in order to get a better player in and take us forward

What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been f***ing watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid c***s in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.

:lol:

What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been f***ing watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid c***s in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.

NM hasn't felt this bad since we sold Scott Parker tbh.

I didn't want him to be sold, as I rate him unlike many on here. However if it's for over £10m then it's good business, we just desperately need some players in before the deadline.

Gonna get slaughtered for this...

I'm assuming that KK et al have someone in mind to replace Milner who they may not have moved for before the transfer went through (i.e. on top of their main targets).

But assuming they can't get their man in before Monday (but they have secured their other targets) would anyone welcome Nobby back for his trilogy on a short term basis until Jan?

He's without a club and despite wanting to move to London to be close to his kids I'm sure he would come back as a squad man for 3 months.

Obviously I'm hoping for a younger signing who we can look to long term (as I'm sure the board are looking at), but if we need a stop gap until Jan we could do worse

He signed for some Greek side last week.

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Larissa. Dabizas was already there and they've just got Robert this week, too. Great stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEL_1964

haha, Quality, number 4 (captain), number 7 and number 32

Maciej Zurawski and Mbo Mpenza, too. FM legend and PES legend respectively.

I've got a feeling Dabizas is going into the manager's office and saying...buy him...and him...and him

Guest sicko2ndbest

James Milner - SSN

KK made me a better player

Didnt really want to leave but wasnt being paid market rate as a number of clubs had bid for me

Good luck James

Guest elbee909

I'm just excited to see who these 4 or 5 irons in the fire are, especially the 2 who are "far down the line". I'm guessing that one of them will be Zayate, and the other maybe Lennon (who I think would be an improvement).

I hope 'irons in the fire' isn't a reference to buying West Ham players.  Always another car in the lot, etc. etc. etc.

Guest BeatMakerz

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1378964,00.html

KK Expects New Faces By Monday

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan is confident that he will have bolstered his black-and-white ranks by the time Monday's transfer deadline slams shut at midnight.

The Toon boss revealed at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Arsenal game that the Magpies have four or five "irons in the fire" with at least two of those "quite a way down the line".

"I would think we've got a very good chance of getting three or four players in," the United boss replied when asked if he expected to bring in new faces following the completion of James Milner's move to Aston Villa on Friday.

"The money (from Milner's transfer) will be available to me.

"But the money was there to buy players even if we did not sell James Milner.

"We're looking for three or four to bring in and I think we'll get them.

"We have four or five irons in the fire with two of them quite far down the line."

But Keegan is determined to add only real quality to his squad while also revealing that he has emerged from Wednesday's meeting with owner Mike Ashley in a very positive frame of mind.

"We had a great meeting on Wednesday," he added.

"The owner is absolutely committed to this club.

"But Mike Ashley can only give us the finance, we have to get the right players in.

"It's now a case of getting that quality in before Monday.

"You got lets of offers of players at this time of year but the secret is to pick the right ones.

"If you're going to let players go you have to make sure you replace them with quality.

"No-one will argue that the ones we've got in so far are quality.

"They are players who care and put the shirt on and do a real good shift for the club.

"But we are in a great position at this club because we have not got any deadwood.

"Some clubs are looking to move five or six on but we're now just looking to add to our squad."

I've forgotten Milner  :frantic:

I'm not quite sure what debate is going on here as I've just read the last page. But I didn't vote in the poll because I'm not sure yet, I would have liked us to have secured a replacement before selling him tbh, if there was more than one club interested then we could have held out till Monday.

10 - 12 mill is a great offer for the lad, absolutely no doubt about it, but if we can't get another head in, that money gathering interest in the bank will not help us get 3 points against Blackburn or whoever.

KK latest comments give me hope but I don't think we'll know whether this was a good or bad deal until midnight on Monday.

Must say, this is the best deal we have had in a long long time. Prob since KK sold Kevin Scott to Tottenham.

The kid was never going to get much better. Too slow, shit delivery, slowed play down constantly

Prime example - see the break we had at Man Utd with Jonas then see what Milner did in a better position vs Bolton. Play stopped. Again.

His lack of pace always made him check back and then boot the ball all too often near my cheese pasty.

Glad to be shot of him. Not in the same league as JJ never mind some of the others we have got shot of like Dyer and Bellamy.

Must say, this is the best deal we have had in a long long time. Prob since KK sold Kevin Scott to Tottenham.

The kid was never going to get much better. Too slow, shit delivery, slowed play down constantly

Prime example - see the break we had at Man Utd with Jonas then see what Milner did in a better position vs Bolton. Play stopped. Again.

His lack of pace always made him check back and then boot the ball all too often near my cheese pasty.

Glad to be shot of him. Not in the same league as JJ never mind some of the others we have got shot of like Dyer and Bellamy.

agree