James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan: It was my decision to sell Milner

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

Arda from Gala

No thanks, couldn't stand the influx of Turkish twats signing up going 'i fuk ur mama wen she had holiday here oh yes' etc...

That alone would put me off him, we've just got rid of Emre, and i'm thankful were not in Europe.  :lol:

Gonna get slaughtered for this...

I'm assuming that KK et al have someone in mind to replace Milner who they may not have moved for before the transfer went through (i.e. on top of their main targets).

But assuming they can't get their man in before Monday (but they have secured their other targets) would anyone welcome Nobby back for his trilogy on a short term basis until Jan?

He's without a club and despite wanting to move to London to be close to his kids I'm sure he would come back as a squad man for 3 months.

Obviously I'm hoping for a younger signing who we can look to long term (as I'm sure the board are looking at), but if we need a stop gap until Jan we could do worse

He signed for some Greek side last week.

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Larissa. Dabizas was already there and they've just got Robert this week, too. Great stuff.

I'm assuming that KK et al have someone in mind to replace Milner who they may not have moved for before the transfer went through (i.e. on top of their main targets).

But assuming they can't get their man in before Monday (but they have secured their other targets) would anyone welcome Nobby back for his trilogy on a short term basis until Jan?

He's without a club and despite wanting to move to London to be close to his kids I'm sure he would come back as a squad man for 3 months.

Obviously I'm hoping for a younger signing who we can look to long term (as I'm sure the board are looking at), but if we need a stop gap until Jan we could do worse

Larissa. Dabizas was already there and they've just got Robert this week, too. Great stuff.

:lol: Mint.

Guest loonietoonie

"It might not look like a positive move to fans at the moment but what will happen in the next two to three days will be positive.    :celb:  :smitten: KK

Guest black n white

i'm up for slaughter now

but if keegan didnt sell milner then the club could'nt move forward is that what he's saying?

Guest Geordiesned

KEVIN Keegan says he sold James Milner in order to move the club forward following the winger's sale to Aston Villa.

Milner is set to sign a four year contract at Villa Park and while KK understands the disappointment of any Toon fans who are sad to see him go he is looking to strengthen before Monday's transfer deadline.

Keegan said today: "Obviously James is not a player you would want to sell.

"I would like to say though that it was my my decision to sell him.

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

"We have a good chance of getting three or four players in before the deadline.

"I wish James the best for the future.

"It's right for everybody and people shouldn't think anything bad of him, he has done nothing wrong.

"You have to remember he hasn't sulked even when he was in the car park at Villa two years ago and then told to turn around.

"We have four or five other irons in the fire, two or three who I am seeing where we go with."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/29/keegan-it-was-my-decision-to-sell-milner-72703-21633991/

this must mean that we have players lined up  :shifty:

I love you Kev just as people freak out you put their minds at rest.

My mind will only be put at rest if come midnight on Monday we have signed quality replacements.

i'm up for slaughter now

but if keegan didnt sell milner then the club could'nt move forward is that what he's saying?

You certainly are.  I'm guessing what he means is Milner is not worth 12m if we re-invest that 12m in another winger we can get a better standard of player thus moving the club on or another 2/3 of Milner's level of talent.

first of all, forgive me. ive been on holiday for a week and just got back. havnt read ANY of the comments here already.

but im absolutely gutted milner has left. all the optimism of the transfer window is going fast as we're struggling to sign players while SWP goes to citeh etc. - now we sell one of our best players?? this is ridiculous

dunno who im more angry with tbh, milner or the club. he deserved a better contract and the club should have gave him it, but then again he's leaving us in the lurch with 3 days left of the window.....he knows he cant be replaced in that time. he's also an idiot for thinking aston villa is a better option (money aside). its a sad day when villa are signing our best players, when at the moment we are of similar ability and historically, in my opinion, a bigger club. if it is 10million, thats an ok amount but i reckon we cudda held out for more. just overall, a bad bad move on everyones part, except villa who now have a very good player.

also slightly disappointed KK cudnt talk milner into changing his mind. all he had to do was ask for loyalty and explain that he's a vital part of the team......basically just make him feel loved. maybe the board would have caved in eventually and gave him the contract he deserved.

he's been my favourite player for years and ive never understood all the milner hate on here. ive defended him til the very end cos he's been unappreciated for too long. i guess theres plenty of holes in what ive just wrote but when im upset i tend to type a lot  :razz:

you know when keegan sold cole at that moment hje had no replacemnet for him. he said so himself

This is true, he moved for Ferdinand shortly after but was told he'd have to wait until the Summer as QPR were fighting relegation iirc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEL_1964

haha, Quality, number 4 (captain), number 7 and number 32

Guest sittingontheball

Fingers crossed we can get some good uns in. I'm also looking forward to the match the morra, strikers or no strikers. Last season and I would have been dreading it.

As for Milner, thanks for the other night. Realistically the League Cup is our best (=least slimmest) hope of a tin pot and that was a tricky tie. Nice one son. All the best to you.

Arda from Gala

No thanks, couldn't stand the influx of Turkish twats signing up going 'i fuk ur mama wen she had holiday here oh yes' etc...

That alone would put me off him, we've just got rid of Emre, and i'm thankful were not in Europe.  :lol:

That is racist shite. You get worse.

KK on SSN said that the Milner money will be his to spend but it didnt matter anyway because he had money to spend on who he wants.

Also said his phone hasnt stopped ringing from agents phoning him up but says he only wants top quality and would rather make do till January with this squad than sign rubbish

KK on SSN said that the Milner money will be his to spend but it didnt matter anyway because he had money to spend on who he wants.

Also said his phone hasnt stopped ringing from agents phoning him up but says he only wants top quality and would rather make do till January with this squad than sign rubbish

Oh bollocks to the last part

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEL_1964

haha, Quality, number 4 (captain), number 7 and number 32

Maciej Zurawski and Mbo Mpenza, too. FM legend and PES legend respectively.

Arda from Gala

That is racist s****. You get worse.

No it's not it's true.

I trust Keegan's judgement and if he says it's good business then that'll do for me.

You can see in the price it is fantastic business

And Keegan said he's got players lined up to come in. I think we need both, the money and new players.

Oh bollocks to the last part

I think he jsut meant that he wont just sign anybody for the sake of signing, he wasnt saying it is likely to happen

Guest black n white

i'm up for slaughter now

You certainly are.  I'm guessing what he means is Milner is not worth 12m if we re-invest that 12m in another winger we can get a better standard of player thus moving the club on or another 2/3 of Milner's level of talent.

point taken

but in the space of 3 sentences keegan has said that he did'nt want to sell milner, but he had to

to move the club forward

so it wasnt his decision