The PANIC! Thread

Coxaux

The facts remain that we're playing some of the best football we've played in years at the moment, and providing we get a couple of players in (which we are more than capable of doing), then what's the problem?

That's the crux of it, even KK is far from certain that we'll get the players in. If he's concerned, I think we have every right to be too.

Just because he said in a few quotes that he's less optimistic, doesn't mean nothing will happen.

At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world if we don't get anyone else in. We're still playing good football.

KK is always a bit 'up and down', I personally wouldn't take this quote out of a bigger context that the window so far has resulted in good solid players coming in and one potentially very good player (Guti). IMO if KK needs 2/3 more players and it is clear we do, they will come.

The facts remain that we're playing some of the best football we've played in years at the moment, and providing we get a couple of players in (which we are more than capable of doing), then what's the problem?

That's the crux of it, even KK is far from certain that we'll get the players in. If he's concerned, I think we have every right to be too.

Just because he said in a few quotes that he's less optimistic, doesn't mean nothing will happen.

At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world if we don't get anyone else in. We're still playing good football.

Reckon we can get through until January with the same 12 or 13 players on form with no injuries?

We need squad players.

Reckon we can get through until January with the same 12 or 13 players on form with no injuries?

We need squad players.

We've just had a great start to the season while missing Viduka, Barton, Martins, and others. When they are back I personally believe we can get through to January OK.

Ideally we need another 3 players, but it's not the end of the world.

Of course it's not the end of the world, but last season we were nothing short of awful in midfield, and we've not even spoken about a central midfielder since the Modric story. People have gone from the "we need 6 or 7 players" before half of the squad left to "a couple should do it". Why?

I'm still cool bout things. We should know by now that the last day is always a gold mine for transfers. Confident we'll get 2 more in by Sunday/Monday but not too sure bout the Wow signing. Maybe just a backup LB and a decent CM

We need squad players.

We've just had a great start to the season while missing Viduka, Barton, Martins, and others. When they are back I personally believe we can get through to January OK.

Of course it's not the end of the world, but last season we were nothing short of awful in midfield, and we've not even spoken about a central midfielder since the Modric story. People have gone from the "we need 6 or 7 players" before half of the squad left to "a couple should do it". Why?

Because the players are playing well.

Regarding the CM thing... we've bought Guthrie, and Jonas can play there. As I say, it's not ideal, but there is every chance we will get the few players in.

Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant a creative midfielder.

We need squad players.

Because people kneejerk claiming we need to spend £150 million to get into the top 6, and that only a few of our players are good enough for a top half team.

Our squad is no smaller than the likes of Man City, Portsmouth, Everton, Villa or Blackburn.

I'm still cool bout things. We should know by now that the last day is always a gold mine for transfers. Confident we'll get 2 more in by Sunday/Monday but not too sure bout the Wow signing. Maybe just a backup LB and a decent CM

Insua on season long loan, Appiah on a free.  Problem solved, with no transfer fees (although we still need another striker).

I am worried,

We need squad players.

Because people kneejerk claiming we need to spend £150 million to get into the top 6, and that only a few of our players are good enough for a top half team.

Our squad is no smaller than the likes of Man City, Portsmouth, Everton, Villa or Blackburn.

We've actually got quite a big squad, but you wouldn't want half of them near the first team.

After Martins, Owen and Viduka, there isn't a striker in the squad who could make an impact. All three of those are generally injured, as is being shown now.

I know it's gonna take time to ship out the rubbish and replace them with decent players, but if we get injuries to any of our first teamers we're going to end up around 12th or 13th, which is going to mean a wasted season and transfer window in my opinion.

We need squad players.

Because the players are playing well.

Regarding the CM thing... we've bought Guthrie, and Jonas can play there. As I say, it's not ideal, but there is every chance we will get the few players in.

Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant a creative midfielder.

That would be nice.

We need squad players.

We've actually got quite a big squad, but you wouldn't want half of them near the first team.

After Martins, Owen and Viduka, there isn't a striker in the squad who could make an impact. All three of those are generally injured, as is being shown now.

I know it's gonna take time to ship out the rubbish and replace them with decent players, but if we get injuries to any of our first teamers we're going to end up around 12th or 13th, which is going to mean a wasted season and transfer window in my opinion.

That's the same for the majority of clubs, look at the likes of Everton, Portsmouth or Blackburn past their starting 11, they're fucking rubbish.

Our problem has been we've suffered with injury prone players, but the majority of the players we've lost hardly played anyway, that's not me saying that we don't need more players but 2 or 3 would be easily good enough.

We need squad players.

That's the same for the majority of clubs, look at the likes of Everton, Portsmouth or Blackburn past their starting 11, they're fucking rubbish.

Our problem has been we've suffered with injury prone players, but the majority of the players we've lost hardly played anyway, that's not me saying that we don't need more players but 2 or 3 would be easily good enough.

I agree that we only need 2 or 3. I'm saying that it would actually be a problem if we didn't get anyone, especially if Milner goes.

Big chance that Smith is still leaving too, which although they're both pretty average, wouldn't leave us many players to put a team out in the carling cup without using our regular 11.

Going to a festival early on Friday morning and won't be back and anywhere near a computer until Monday afternoon. I'll have someone text me the result of the Arsenal match but that'll be about it as far as Newcastle info goes.

Gonna be very interesting logging on on Monday and trying to decipher what exactly has happened over the weekend. :lol:

concerned, as I have been for a month, these next 4 days will define Ashley's time as owner here.

I'm in NY on holiday right now so i cant get any info whatsoever, anyone want to fill me in on what Keegan has said to cause alarm?

We needed 6 or 7 before we brought in 4...

No, we needed 6 or 7 before we let Carr, Roz, Faye, Emre, Ramage etc go.

OK, they're not very good, but they're numbers.

Carr was dogshit and made the team worse.

For Ramage see above.

Rozehnal was already gone.

Emre was always injured. No loss at all.

Faye has been replaced by Bassong (though I'd have kept him tbf).

I see your point, and I still think we need three, but honestly numbers don't mean anything when the players are that useless.

For Ramage see above.

I see your point, and I still think we need three, but honestly numbers don't mean anything when the players are that useless.

If that's the case, why do clubs bother with squad players at all? Why not just pick the best 11 players you can get your hands on and then put 7 young lads on the bench? Why's John O'Shea still at Manchester United for example? Pretty shit player, especially by their standards, yet is often called upon.

Signing better players BEFORE you get rid of the shit is the way the successful teams work.

To be fair, I think I'm more worried because I get can't get the Rossi, Sibierski and Bernard signings out of my head :(

KK would never accept those signings anyway, so just think about Beye and Faye instead. :)

To be fair, I think I'm more worried because I get can't get the Rossi, Sibierski and Bernard signings out of my head :(

KK would never accept those signings anyway, so just think about Beye and Faye instead. :)

Those deal were different though were we not in discussions witht them for a week or so before?

Not saying we are not talking to targets now but there is a difference between the two.

For Ramage see above.

If that's the case, why do clubs bother with squad players at all? Why not just pick the best 11 players you can get your hands on and then put 7 young lads on the bench? Why's John O'Shea still at Manchester United for example? Pretty shit player, especially by their standards, yet is often called upon.

Signing better players BEFORE you get rid of the shit is the way the successful teams work.

John O'Shea's not that bad though, not to mention the fact he cost them nowt and Fergie has schooled him the way he needs to be able to chuck him in and know he will fill the gap temporarily.

I'm not saying we don't need squad players, just that we have them already. What we need are first-teamers to push them out or at least compete, and those are the hard signings to make. The players we're going for now are for the first team, I'm certain of it.