The PANIC! Thread

Coxaux

Sorry for going a little bit OT. But i have a question, how much money is each position worth? Say that a team that ends up at 7th place in the table, how much more money does that team get than one that ends up at say 8th place?

What im trying to say that 3 quality players more for our team/squad would probably help us ending up around 3 places higher in the table than with our current squad. Not for sure, but i think it could be something like that..

£500k I think.

Sorry for going a little bit OT. But i have a question, how much money is each position worth? Say that a team that ends up at 7th place in the table, how much more money does that team get than one that ends up at say 8th place?

What im trying to say that 3 quality players more for our team/squad would probably help us ending up around 3 places higher in the table than with our current squad. Not for sure, but i think it could be something like that..

£500k I think.

Ok, cheers, so it's not THAT much then..But say we end up in a UEFA cup place and we do pretty well in the cup next season, say that we reach the quarter/semi final, then i guess that would give us quite alot more money?

I wonder WHY we cannot get quality players in, is it because we cant attract the players that are good enough? Or that we refuse to budge for the clubs asking prices and are keeping our money a little bit too tight when it comes to spending.

Of course i dont want us to pay silly prices for a player that isn't even near worth that sum. Even if we dont get the quality players that goes straight in to the team i think we should at least be able to get better squad depth. Im not VERY worried about our team atm, and when our other players get fit we have quite a good team tbh. But there's no cover at all in some positions, not cover of enough quality. I would be pretty satisfied with our curren team for this season if we just had better squad depth. IF we get injurys as we probably will get, especially if we play the same players each game we will certainly get a few injuries.

IF the window closes and we haven't even got any decent squad players in then i will panic because over the season we will get punished with quite a few points due to us not having a  squad that is strong enough.

Maybe we dont get as many "real quality" players in like Colo and Jonas, not as many as we would want. But i will not complain about that as long as we get a strong enough squad to make it to January without  loosing too many points because us not having decent enough of cover for injured players.

It will take time and im patient and with time we will get more quality players in like Jonas and Colo to name two players. PLayers that make a real difference in the quality of our team..

But there's still a few days for us to get a couple of decent players, hopefully 3, but im not that confident about it so im a little bit nervous, but not in panic. Yet anyway

I will stay calm until the transfer has ended and if we are in the same position more or less as we are now than i will go ape shit but i have faith that we will come out smelling of roses  :frantic:

Everyone's gonna start bricking it after nothing happens today.

Everyone's gonna start bricking it after nothing happens today.

monday is gonna be murder

I'm actually glad I'm out of the office and will have no internet access - it will be mayhem! ;D

I doubt we'll get someone in and since the Old Trafford match i havnt really believed any new would come in. I'd be unhappy with our current squad but its better to wait for the right players then pay massive amount for the wrong players. We have done couple of good business and hope this will be proved more aslong as the season go.

I doubt we'll get someone in and since the Old Trafford match i havnt really believed any new would come in. I'd be unhappy with our current squad but its better to wait for the right players then pay massive amount for the wrong players. We have done couple of good business and hope this will be proved more aslong as the season go.

or we could pay what we need to pay for the players we want NOW, and take advantage of teams like spurs/pompey looking more vulnerable than we'd expected...?

no?

OK then

Guest microbar

Sorry but i am pressing the panic button

we need at least 6 players in 5 days

our squad is the smallest in the premier league

god help us if we have injuries.

The board are a joke

sunderland have shown us up this transfer window

Mike ashley has no intention of spending in this window

bring back freddie shepherd. :rant:

I think we're being a lot more careful with who we sign under the new regime, and that combined with a generally slow market has caused the problem, if one exists.

More careful in what way?

Sorry but i am pressing the panic button

we need at least 6 players in 5 days

our squad is the smallest in the premier league

god help us if we have injuries.

The board are a joke

sunderland have shown us up this transfer window

Mike ashley has no intention of spending in this window

bring back freddie shepherd. :rant:

:puke:

I cannot wait until the transfer window closes then perhaps we can just get behind the team and focus on the season ahead.

After the past 3 results the forums have been full of optimism and quite rightly so IMO but give it until the next morning and there are many people pushing the panic button “OMG WTF!!!! We have not signed no 1!!!!”

We have bid for the likes of Woodgate, Aimar and Modric and if rumours are to be believed have shown an interest in the likes of Gomis, Turan, Inler, Warnock etc.  And with the way the club has been conducting their transfers this season, who really knows what other players we have attempted to sign.

So these transfers haven’t come off, what else can the club do?  Yes we can all see that by adding a couple of quality players we could have the start of a half decent side but in reality no one knows just how hard they are working behind the scene to ensure they make those additions and what an impact the likes of having no European football and our recent finishes are having...

Yes I will be disappointed if we do not sign anyone else however look at the positives. We are finally playing some decent football again, (whilst its early days) we have added what appears to be 4 good players without spending an obscene amount of money.  We are investing in our youth set up and scouting network ensuring that we are planning for the long term as well as the immediate future and of course this is all being led by the enthusiasm of Kevin Keegan.

Keep the faith lads...

I think we're being a lot more careful with who we sign under the new regime, and that combined with a generally slow market has caused the problem, if one exists.

More careful in what way?

Not rushing into deals because we are desperate for players I'd imagine.  Instead of the previous shit with Mckay

FS:"Shit we need a Striker, who is available?"

Mckay:"Erm...... Albert Luque"

FS"How much and is he good"

Mckay"Erm 8M and he's the best player in Spain"

FS:"Give them 10M to be safe and he can have 80k per week"

FS:"Graeme I've got that striker you wanted"

GS:"Excellent Anelka is a proper Player"

FS"Erm"

GS"You did sign Anelka"

FS"Erm..  I tried but I got this spanish bloke Albert Luque instead"

GS:"FFS"

I cannot wait until the transfer window closes then perhaps we can just get behind the team and focus on the season ahead.

After the past 3 results the forums have been full of optimism and quite rightly so IMO but give it until the next morning and there are many people pushing the panic button “OMG WTF!!!! We have not signed no 1!!!!”

We have bid for the likes of Woodgate, Aimar and Modric and if rumours are to be believed have shown an interest in the likes of Gomis, Turan, Inler, Warnock etc.  And with the way the club has been conducting their transfers this season, who really knows what other players we have attempted to sign.

So these transfers haven’t come off, what else can the club do?  Yes we can all see that by adding a couple of quality players we could have the start of a half decent side but in reality no one knows just how hard they are working behind the scene to ensure they make those additions and what an impact the likes of having no European football and our recent finishes are having...

Yes I will be disappointed if we do not sign anyone else however look at the positives. We are finally playing some decent football again, (whilst its early days) we have added what appears to be 4 good players without spending an obscene amount of money.  We are investing in our youth set up and scouting network ensuring that we are planning for the long term as well as the immediate future and of course this is all being led by the enthusiasm of Kevin Keegan.

Keep the faith lads...

:indi:

Guest Darth Toon

So these transfers haven’t come off, what else can the club do?   Yes we can all see that by adding a couple of quality players we could have the start of a half decent side but in reality no one knows just how hard they are working behind the scene to ensure they make those additions and what an impact the likes of having no European football and our recent finishes are having...

Keep the faith lads...

Well said that man!

OK, we don't have the biggest squad in the world but we've still got plenty of quality players, and a manager who seems to know how to get them playing - even if no-one else comes in (which i don't believe will happen by the way - will be at least 1 more IMO) it will be a hell of a lot better season than the last few we've endured!

So these transfers haven’t come off, what else can the club do?   Yes we can all see that by adding a couple of quality players we could have the start of a half decent side but in reality no one knows just how hard they are working behind the scene to ensure they make those additions and what an impact the likes of having no European football and our recent finishes are having...

Keep the faith lads...

:clap:

I also just like to add that, while I refuse to panic, i think this might be the season where  we let some youngster play.I'm excited to see the likes of Kadar play (when he returns from inj) and maybe even Tim Krul (if he's not loaned out). Wise has (hopefully) sign some promising players in addition to some of the reserves we already have - well it might be the  time to test some of them out.