The PANIC! Thread

Coxaux

We needed 6 or 7 before we brought in 4...

No, we needed 6 or 7 before we let Carr, Roz, Faye, Emre, Ramage etc go.

OK, they're not very good, but they're numbers.

Carr was dogshit and made the team worse.

For Ramage see above.

Rozehnal was already gone.

Emre was always injured. No loss at all.

Faye has been replaced by Bassong (though I'd have kept him tbf).

I see your point, and I still think we need three, but honestly numbers don't mean anything when the players are that useless.

If that's the case, why do clubs bother with squad players at all? Why not just pick the best 11 players you can get your hands on and then put 7 young lads on the bench? Why's John O'Shea still at Manchester United for example? Pretty shit player, especially by their standards, yet is often called upon.

Signing better players BEFORE you get rid of the shit is the way the successful teams work.

John O'Shea's not that bad though, not to mention the fact he cost them nowt and Fergie has schooled him the way he needs to be able to chuck him in and know he will fill the gap temporarily.

I'm not saying we don't need squad players, just that we have them already. What we need are first-teamers to push them out or at least compete, and those are the hard signings to make. The players we're going for now are for the first team, I'm certain of it.

So why are people talking about things being ok when Barton and Viduka etc are back? Which first team players are you thinking need replacing?

To be fair, I think I'm more worried because I get can't get the Rossi, Sibierski and Bernard signings out of my head :(

KK would never accept those signings anyway, so just think about Beye and Faye instead. :)

Those deal were different though were we not in discussions witht them for a week or so before?

Not saying we are not talking to targets now but there is a difference between the two.

Everything we have done on the transfer front has been very hush-hush since KK came back, so I'm quietly confident there are irons in the fire. The exact polar opposite to how I felt going into the end of the window under Roeder and Souness. As you mentioned, last year we had been in negotiations for a while with Faye and Beye...

For Ramage see above.

I see your point, and I still think we need three, but honestly numbers don't mean anything when the players are that useless.

If that's the case, why do clubs bother with squad players at all? Why not just pick the best 11 players you can get your hands on and then put 7 young lads on the bench? Why's John O'Shea still at Manchester United for example? Pretty shit player, especially by their standards, yet is often called upon.

Signing better players BEFORE you get rid of the shit is the way the successful teams work.

John O'Shea's not that bad though, not to mention the fact he cost them nowt and Fergie has schooled him the way he needs to be able to chuck him in and know he will fill the gap temporarily.

I'm not saying we don't need squad players, just that we have them already. What we need are first-teamers to push them out or at least compete, and those are the hard signings to make. The players we're going for now are for the first team, I'm certain of it.

So why are people talking about things being ok when Barton and Viduka etc are back? Which first team players are you thinking need replacing?

Butt needs replacing, and Viduka needs covering with a young player who is ready enough to do the job when required (often). If KK doesn't rate Enrique then he should get someone he trusts. That's one definite first-teamer, one for next season when Viduka leaves and a left-back if KK wants one. Then there's someone to compete on the wings if Milner goes, though with the right signing that could also be the one to cover the striking options.

I'm just rambling here. :lol:

Suppose I just don't think we'll be that bad at all with a couple more in. In fact I think we'll be very good.

The question is whether the impressive performances so far give KK a stronger position ('imagine what we could do with more quality') or not ('you're doing fine with what you've got').

aaaright, I've been waiting to contribute to this piece of shit thread all day, so that I can post maximumly wasted, so here it is..

fuck negativity man.. fuck the transfer window and fuck step-over Jamie..

I don't care if we don't buy anybody else. We have a team that plays as a team for the first time in many years and I plan to enjoy it, regardless of what the popular opinion is or what the media tells us..

To go out every game with confidence that we can win is a refreshing change for me and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

I like to imagine junkhead as a complete heroin addict, spacing out 23 hours a day on a manky ould mattress in a rundown flat, with the odd post on N-O from his shitty 20 year old computer his only contact with other humans.

I like to imagine junkhead as a complete heroin addict, spacing out 23 hours a day on a manky ould mattress in a rundown flat, with the odd post on N-O from his shitty 20 year old computer his only contact with other humans.

Oh oh...he lives across the road and Shak's been spying with his ultra-zoom binooculars...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/27/united-boss-desperate-for-signings-61634-21613105/

“My optimism gets less the nearer that you get to the deadline. I’m still hoping that we’ll get a couple in, but if we don’t we’ll just have to soldier on,” he said.

“I haven’t got enough players. I have lost five forwards and I’ve not got any people to come in. We had two teenagers on the bench tonight. I suppose that if we don’t get any new players, I’ll just have to wait for all of those strikers to come back.”

Reads to me like he's trying to light a bit of a fire under the recruitment teams arse.

Only 5 days left, this time next week we'll have a much better idea of what our new board are really made of.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/27/united-boss-desperate-for-signings-61634-21613105/

“My optimism gets less the nearer that you get to the deadline. I’m still hoping that we’ll get a couple in, but if we don’t we’ll just have to soldier on,” he said.

“I haven’t got enough players. I have lost five forwards and I’ve not got any people to come in. We had two teenagers on the bench tonight. I suppose that if we don’t get any new players, I’ll just have to wait for all of those strikers to come back.”

KK has already said although he's kept informed of what's going on he's not fully in the loop. So it's quite possible there could be signings getting lined up but he's not aware of what stage we are at.

DO not PANIC                   DO not PANIC                   DO not PANIC                   DO not PANIC                    

DO not PANIC                   DO not PANIC                   DO not PANIC                   DO not PANIC

For Ramage see above.

Carr and Ramage are no loss at all.

Rozehnal/Diatta needed replacing as 4th choice, together they made something like 23 appearances. I'd assume Bassong is their replacement, not Faye's. Taylor, Bassong and Cacapa should ideally be reserve players for us.

Faye was our best centre-half before Coloccini and selling him put us back a step as ideally we still need a partner for the argie.

Emre made 14 appearances last season and that was his worst season for us in terms of fitness, and i suspect at  the end of the season when he was fit enough to play for Turkey but not for us, that it was simply a case of us knowing he was leaving and his head being elsewhere. the fact he was creative midfielder makes his absense more acute. perhaps Guthrie is seen as his replacement but i'm sure most of us (and Keegan) would like a more experienced creator in midfield.

Then there's Milner who is now likely to be on the way out. taking that into account i'd like us to bring in another 4 or 5 players (forward, a replacement for Butt, a creative midfielder/winger, centre-half, left-back). the fact that we still need this many with 5 days left is a bit of a joke to be perfectly honest.

For Ramage see above.

Carr and Ramage are no loss at all.

Rozehnal/Diatta needed replacing as 4th choice, together they made something like 23 appearances. I'd assume Bassong is their replacement, not Faye's. Taylor, Bassong and Cacapa should ideally be reserve players for us.

Faye was our best centre-half before Coloccini and selling him put us back a step as ideally we still need a partner for the argie.

Emre made 14 appearances last season and that was his worst season for us in terms of fitness, and i suspect at  the end of the season when he was fit enough to play for Turkey but not for us, that it was simply a case of us knowing he was leaving and his head being elsewhere. the fact he was creative midfielder makes his absense more acute. perhaps Guthrie is seen as his replacement but i'm sure most of us (and Keegan) would like a more experienced creator in midfield.

Then there's Milner who is now likely to be on the way out. taking that into account i'd like us to bring in another 4 or 5 players (forward, a replacement for Butt, a creative midfielder/winger, centre-half, left-back). the fact that we still need this many with 5 days left is a bit of a joke to be perfectly honest.

It will be a joke if that's still the case in 5 days time. I know it's cutting it fine, but a lot of moves are dependent on others going through and if you look at the other clubs like Everton, Mna U and Spurs for example, many are in the same boat. I'll wait to see what happens next few days before I pass judgement.

Sorry for going a little bit OT. But i have a question, how much money is each position worth? Say that a team that ends up at 7th place in the table, how much more money does that team get than one that ends up at say 8th place?

What im trying to say that 3 quality players more for our team/squad would probably help us ending up around 3 places higher in the table than with our current squad. Not for sure, but i think it could be something like that..