What is the single biggest problem with our club

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest alankhaw

Barton's a good player and has been given a final chance. Lay off him. I know he's made mistakes in the past and are back to haunt him now but he isn't one of the problems. The other's are though however

So the fact he has been here over a year and cost the club close to £10m with him giving us fuck all in return isn't a problem? He has been given another chance(unfortunately) and he has alot of ground to make up, especially with me as i've never rated him highly.

He's been not bad on the field compared to the other 4 and with this being his last chance I know for sure he'll take it and play even better. We may even see the Barton of old and even more. Believe in the lad. So many players have failed at our club because we don't give them a chance or enough time. Barton has his problems off the field and is thus affecting him on it. With these hopefully gone forever he can focus on his football.

Who are you, his wife?  Absolutely no chance of putting faith in someone that prone to violence; he's obviously not right in the head.  I'll applaud anyone who scores a goal for NUFC but to ask for people to 'believe in the lad' - well, you go your way and I'll go mine.

We've paid money for his transfer fee and have paid his wages thus far so what's the point in not supporting him to be honest. If Keegan is behind him, so should we.

Barton's a good player and has been given a final chance. Lay off him. I know he's made mistakes in the past and are back to haunt him now but he isn't one of the problems. The other's are though however

So the fact he has been here over a year and cost the club close to £10m with him giving us f*** all in return isn't a problem? He has been given another chance(unfortunately) and he has alot of ground to make up, especially with me as i've never rated him highly.

He's been not bad on the field compared to the other 4 and with this being his last chance I know for sure he'll take it and play even better. We may even see the Barton of old and even more. Believe in the lad. So many players have failed at our club because we don't give them a chance or enough time. Barton has his problems off the field and is thus affecting him on it. With these hopefully gone forever he can focus on his football.

Who are you, his wife?  Absolutely no chance of putting faith in someone that prone to violence; he's obviously not right in the head.  I'll applaud anyone who scores a goal for NUFC but to ask for people to 'believe in the lad' - well, you go your way and I'll go mine.

We've paid money for his transfer fee and have paid his wages thus far so what's the point in not supporting him to be honest. If Keegan is behind him, so should we.

Ofcourse i will support him, i even support Smith when he plays for us. But i'm not going to rate him just because he's a Newcastle player.

Our recent past is probably our biggest problem, say the years since Bobby left. Before that we were respectable and a big draw to players. It also has affected our fans badly and the way we are seen and see ourselves.

Makes things like Milner going seem like a disaster, when they're actually very routine. Our recent past has shaken us all up, we need to hope we have the strength in the staff to regain some stability.

So the fact he has been here over a year and cost the club close to £10m with him giving us f*** all in return isn't a problem? He has been given another chance(unfortunately) and he has alot of ground to make up, especially with me as i've never rated him highly.

Well whenever your at a match, and Barton plays, make sure you dont clap him, if he scores a winner against the mackems. make sure you stand/sit still, dont move, dont smile.

everyone should support him ffs, who cares what he does off the field? aslong as hes good enough on the pitch i dont care.

Well whenever your at a match, and Barton plays, make sure you dont clap him, if he scores a winner against the mackems. make sure you stand/sit still, dont move, dont smile.

everyone should support him ffs, who cares what he does off the field? aslong as hes good enough on the pitch i dont care.

What he does off the pitch affects what he does on it, we'll learn in the next week how many games he'll miss for being a thug.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

So if you had a bairn at the match, you'd be happy to let him worship a CONVICTED THUG as long as he scored a goal or two? Some role model he is.

good job gary glitter isn't a world class centre forward

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Back to the main question, biggest problems;

* Tidying up the mess left by Freddy Shepherd and his cronies

* Lack of a decent wage structure

* It appears there are too many people involved in the decision making process

* The millstone round our neck of 39 (and counting) trophyless years

Back to the main question, biggest problems;

* Tidying up the mess left by Freddy Shepherd and his cronies

* Lack of a decent wage structure

* It appears there are too many people involved in the decision making process

* The millstone round our neck of 39 (and counting) trophyless years

Most of this is absolutely on the mark - the club IS paying for the shambolic episodes of the last 4 years of Shepherd's regime, but also the fact that Ashley has taken over and brought in a managerial set-up which doesn't seem to be working very well, mainly because of the personalities involved ; KK was NEVER going to take kindly to being 'out of the loop' in the way he keeps implying that he is(referring to being kept in the dark about WOW signings etc), and Ashley himself likes to operate as a bit of a loose cannon - that type of person is NEVER going to be over-considerate of the feelings of his employees...

If Ashley had wanted a continental-type arrangement re transfers etc., he would have been better advised to employ a manager who was either used to that system, or a younger guy who would adapt more easily to it...this isn't to say its wrong, just that its wrong for the people involved...

I am surprised KK didn't know about Milner's feelings re his earnings - maybe he did, but his recommendations to the board were either ignored or turned down - we don't know..

It just seems obvious that the main problem right now is that the set-up ISN'T working - if it was, we wouldn't be back in crisis-mode  after a new season has started.

Lets be honest - a year ago, NONE of us would have thought we would be having the sort of problems obtaining(and keeping)players after the club was, we thought, on the threshold of a new era.....

The more everything changes, the more it stays the same - esp, it seems, at NUFC.

For me its 5 players who contribute little and sap our resources:

Barton 60k

Smith 60k

Geremi 60k

Duff 70k

Viduka 70k

Thats 320k per week or 16 million a year

£16000000 per year for that lot

Apart maybe Barton at his best which he definitely hasn't been none of the guys deserves even half of their wages! Is it really any wonder why our younger first team players are asking for better contracts when they see who's getting and what in contrast to their performances on the pitch a la Smith?

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Some of the fans don't help.

Most rather than some I would say. Maybe thats a biased view from posters on these forums though.

That's like blaming customers of M&S for a fall in their profits, rather than looking at the decision makers at board level at M&S.

Most rather than some I would say. Maybe thats a biased view from posters on these forums though.

That's like blaming customers of M&S for a fall in their profits, rather than looking at the decision makers at board level at M&S.

Your analysis is correct but that is provided M & S sees -insert subject matter- as a problem / as not going according to their intended plans.

If it is the customers (fans) who as a result of high expectations think it is a problem, why should M & S be treating the -insert subject matter- as a problem?

If that is the case, there will be problems with every single thing every single day.

You don't often get customers in M&S booing your staff when they don't get what they want and don't agree with top level management then forcing the hand of the chairman though do you ?

Guest icemanblue

the biggest problem as i see it is that while no one actually knows whats going on,we try to fill in the gaps as if we did.

Amen to that. In summary, 'most' of our fans.

You don't often get customers in M&S booing your staff when they don't get what they want and don't agree with top level management then forcing the hand of the chairman though do you ?

No - that happens at AGMs when major shareholders(and minor ones)make their views crystal clear to the Directors ; failure to improve things means a falling share price, and the sack for those responsible ...

M & S fired their Food Div manager this year becauseof falling sales - its the same thing basically.

No - that happens at AGMs when major shareholders(and minor ones)make their views crystal clear to the Directors ; failure to improve things means a falling share price, and the sack for those responsible ...

M & S fired their Food Div manager this year becauseof falling sales - its the same thing basically.

Unfortunately, I hate to say this... we are not major shareholders (or even minor ones). We can be considered as stake holders at best under Corporate Governance, however, how persuasive corporate governance is in this society is anyone's guess.

From a cynical albeit pragmatic point of view, profitability comes before corporate governance. Only when desired profit is secured, then comes corporate governance.

Yes but unfortuantly in the past our board has listened to our fans far to much. Not sure about the new board yet, hopefully they ignore the fans when it comes to stuff on the pitch and listen to the manager.