Read these quotes, doomongers

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1378964,00.html

KK Expects New Faces By Monday

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan is confident that he will have bolstered his black-and-white ranks by the time Monday's transfer deadline slams shut at midnight.

The Toon boss revealed at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Arsenal game that the Magpies have four or five "irons in the fire" with at least two of those "quite a way down the line".

"I would think we've got a very good chance of getting three or four players in," the United boss replied when asked if he expected to bring in new faces following the completion of James Milner's move to Aston Villa on Friday.

"The money (from Milner's transfer) will be available to me.

"But the money was there to buy players even if we did not sell James Milner.

"We're looking for three or four to bring in and I think we'll get them.

"We have four or five irons in the fire with two of them quite far down the line."

But Keegan is determined to add only real quality to his squad while also revealing that he has emerged from Wednesday's meeting with owner Mike Ashley in a very positive frame of mind.

"We had a great meeting on Wednesday," he added.

"The owner is absolutely committed to this club.

"But Mike Ashley can only give us the finance, we have to get the right players in.

"It's now a case of getting that quality in before Monday.

"You get lots of offers of players at this time of year but the secret is to pick the right ones.

"If you're going to let players go you have to make sure you replace them with quality.

"No-one will argue that the ones we've got in so far are quality.

"They are players who care and put the shirt on and do a real good shift for the club.

"But we are in a great position at this club because we have not got any deadwood.

"Some clubs are looking to move five or six on but we're now just looking to add to our squad."

i'll be happier when i see those players come in... We heard this all from Roeder a couple of years back... To be honest just another 2 or 3 quality players and i'd be ecstatic...

Edit: Not saying it won't happen, just going to be nervous til it does

Guest elbee909

doubt is a mind killer!

let's not forget who the manager at the club is now fellas eh?

if we can't trust Kevin fucking Keegan, then we're a lost cause.

roll on Monday

Who is this Kevin, and why is Keegan letting him do that to him?

Great to hear but I'll be shitting myself until they are done and dusted. Scary how we are going right down to the wire! 4 or 5 would be good. I hope to hell it doesn't end up being zero.

But we are in a great position at this club because we have not got any deadwood.

Kevin, allow me to introduce you to some of our squad. This is Alan, etc.

i'll be happier when i see those players come in... We heard this all from Roeder a couple of years back... To be honest just another 2 or 3 quality players and i'd be ecstatic...

Keegan/Roeder, poles apart.

Guest hikickry

but ask yourself, did you ever trust roeder?...and do you trust keegan?

These quotes aren't from Roeder, they're from Keegan so carry a lot more weight.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think you will find NE5 wants to see quality players come into the club just as much as anyone.

Again more interested in the quotes about Ashley

F'ng love KK - I guess people forget how well he knows the supporters hang on by every word, report, news and rumor.

He knew very well that people would be aghast by the selling of Milner and that we would all be deathly afraid of not getting anyone else in.

So, when the time was right. They announced the sale, and KK also wanted everyone to know the club isn't daft, the club isn't going to sit around and not try to sign quality. He made it be known to us that they are working on 4-5 players, with 2 of them potentially close to be done.  Keep the faith people, heres to hoping things work out for us.

Roll on Monday as they say - its going to be one hell of a roller coaster.

F'ng love KK - I guess people forget how well he knows the supporters hang on by every word, report, news and rumor.

He knew very well that people would be aghast by the selling of Milner and that we would all be deathly afraid of not getting anyone else in.

So, when the time was right. They announced the sale, and KK also wanted everyone to know the club isn't daft, the club isn't going to sit around and not try to sign quality. He made it be known to us that they are working on 4-5 players, with 2 of them potentially close to be done.  Keep the faith people, heres to hoping things work out for us.

Roll on Monday as they say - its going to be one hell of a roller coaster.

also very well said