Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Jonas, Xisco, Collocini, Gonzalez, Guthrie, Bassong. The 4 who have already played look good, for me it hasn't been that bad a summer, just lacking in big names (not necessarily a bad thing)

Yes but we've only signed 2 today, the other 4 don't count.

They count but when you've got a squad as small as ours, we need more, a fuking lot more, or are you happy with the size of our squad? You like things little? ;)

Assuming the Xisco deal is sealed, the size of our squad is acceptable and in line with those of our competitors.

I was hoping for more than a relegation fight.

Go read Villa, Everton, Portsmouth, and Tottenham's squad lists.

There really isn't much of a difference depth-wise.

All have got better 1st teams than us and more depth.

We had a massive chance to change that, but i really feel we've blown it for this year.

Jonas, Xisco, Collocini, Gonzalez, Guthrie, Bassong. The 4 who have already played look good, for me it hasn't been that bad a summer, just lacking in big names (not necessarily a bad thing)

They count but when you've got a squad as small as ours, we need more, a fuking lot more, or are you happy with the size of our squad? You like things little? ;)

Assuming the Xisco deal is sealed, the size of our squad is acceptable and in line with those of our competitors.

Yet you still want to sell Owen with little chance of replacing him? Crazy.

I'd rather sell him now than let him walk away for free. Yes am totally fuking mad.

Tit.

Oh, another mature poster. Tit eh?

You're worried about relegation because of the lack of the players we've signed, but you're happy to sell our "best" player. Tit indeed.

Barton off to Pompey.

Whats with the Newcastle doom mongers, from the outside looking at your squad its looking impressive and if you continue to build like this your heading up!

How can our squad be impressive we have 2 fullbacks only...midfielders with no creativity...wide men who cant cross a ball or take a corner yes geremi and nzogbia that means you ...and strikers who are always injured or in sholas case about as much use as a dead horse.....the squad is very very thin on the ground

You can only build so much in one season, look at last season your loads better!

Guest LucaAltieri

Yet you still want to sell Owen with little chance of replacing him? Crazy.

I'd rather sell him now than let him walk away for free. Yes am totally fuking mad.

Tit.

He'd go for nothing but we'd still have a season of Owen, and a year to find a replacement as opposed to a few hours.

Give. Head. Shake.

We have:

3 Goalkeepers

7 Defenders

8 Midfilders

6 Strikers  (7 if you include Carroll)

Thats if this striker signs. The only youngster I have included is Edgar so its not looking too bad to me numbers wise. We could do with a bit better quality in a couple of positions but thats not bad.