Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Dont forget Oliver will be at his best today

He always comments on the stupidest of rumours as well.

"Reports that United are set to ask Alan Shearer to come out of retirement and go on the TV show 'Ten Years Younger' are wide of the mark"

0950: I have just been scanning through the various texts and 606s that have been flooding in. Lots of cracking airport chat, I have just finished my post round and seen Michael Owen, my mate has just seen Berbatov in Manchester etc However, I have to say there are an incredible amount of people claiming to have spotted Alan Smith in Liverpool, the train of thought being that he is on his way to Everton

The Smith bit please be true

I have just been scanning through the various texts and 606s that have been flooding in. Lots of cracking airport chat, I have just finished my post round and seen Michael Owen, my mate has just seen Berbatov in Manchester etc However, I have to say there are an incredible amount of people claiming to have spotted Alan Smith in Liverpool, the train of thought being that he is on his way to Everton.

Fucking come on.

It will be unbelievable if someone actually buys Smith.

Will continue the idea that their must be something that managers see in him that nobody else does. So many have rated him, defended him and/or signed him - yet he continues to be absolute shit on the pitch.

So from the rumours abound

Out  Smith

In

Xisco

Gonzalez

Heskey

Atouba

Malouda

I'd take that

Those three would concern me (know nowt about the others but their circumstances are lower risk), but I trust KK. :indi:

Out  Smith

In

Xisco

Gonzalez

Heskey

Atouba

Malouda

I'd take that

Those three would concern me (know nowt about the others but their circumstances are lower risk), but I trust KK. :indi:

I think Heskey would improve under Keegan and Malouda has got the talent but maybe being at Chelski he's not getting enough games under his belt.

Can play winger and Striker which is a bonus.

Atouba has great dribbling ability aslong as he does it up the pitch rather than in front of our area.

Put it this way Dave i'd see those players pushing us for a european place if Owen stays like.

Out  Smith

In

Xisco

Gonzalez

Heskey

Atouba

Malouda

I'd take that

I think Heskey would improve under Keegan and Malouda has got the talent but maybe being at Chelski he's not getting enough games under his belt.

Atouba has great dribbling ability aslong as he does it up the pitch rather than in front of our area.

Put it this way Dave i'd see those players pushing us for a european place if Owen stays like.

Heskey would bring out the best in Owen (did so relatively recently for England) and wouldn't cost much but I just think he's very limited. He's about as much a goal threat as Ameobi.

Every time I've seen Malouda for Chelsea he's been utter gash. :hmm:

Atouba I've no idea on, but us going for anyone who fucking Spurs see as not good enough would be a worry. ;)

Out  Smith

In

Xisco

Gonzalez

Heskey

Atouba

Malouda

I'd take that

Heskey would bring out the best in Owen (did so relatively recently for England) and wouldn't cost much but I just think he's very limited. He's about as much a goal threat as Ameobi.

Every time I've seen Malouda for Chelsea he's been utter gash. :hmm:

Atouba I've no idea on, but us going for anyone who fucking Spurs see as not good enough would be a worry. ;)

Malouda was good I thought when he first joined and then went off the boil somehow, and was even better at Lyon

Heskey is a strong physical presence and would suit either Owen or Martins

Atouba has looked ok for Hamburg and his tricks are quality as long as he does it where it counts.

I'm getting pissed tonight either way, just a shame I havve to watch setanta sports instead of Sky

Fuck it if Smith goes I couldn't give a toss!

Out  Smith

In

Xisco

Gonzalez

Heskey

Atouba

Malouda

I'd take that

pretty much my thoughts exactly, i doubt very much there's anything in the heskey talk, apart from its an easy story to write

Wouldn't any deal for Malouda depend on the Robinho thing coming off btw? Most seem to think it'll not happen.

Including Real, which is kinda the important opinion!

Having said that though, it wouldn't amaze me at all if Chelsea just fire some more money at them and push it through. As is their style.

Guest Guinness

Finding it hard to work already with SSN proving distracting, seriously hoping we get the players in we need, things looking interesting at the moment with the amount of players we've been linked with this morning.