Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Guest Guinness

Wouldn't any deal for Malouda depend on the Robinho thing coming off btw? Most seem to think it'll not happen.

im thinking if Robinho stays, saviola will come....

Would be pretty sweet if that happened.

It's my final day at my current job, start new one on wednesday. Wasn't planning to work anyway, so just been on the forum since 8am and plan to spend the rest of the day on it! Go on the drink tonight to hopefully celebrate... it's all good!  :snod:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

10.51 Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp insists Lassana Diarra will not be leaving Fratton Park for Tottenham, but admits he needs to sell to balance the books before midnight tonight.

10.51 Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp insists Lassana Diarra will not be leaving Fratton Park for Tottenham, but admits he needs to sell to balance the books before midnight tonight.

Don't know what Harry's up to to be honest. Sold Muntari already, what was the point in signings Defoe and Crouch if he's going to have to sell other good players? Seems he's over-reached a bit with signings.

Some of the 'poor man' quotes he's come out with have been embarrassing as well, even if you are skint, desperate for loan deals and need to sell - keep it to yourself mate.

So from the rumours abound

Out  Smith

In

Xisco

Gonzalez

Heskey

Atouba

Malouda

I'd take that

Those three would concern me (know nowt about the others but their circumstances are lower risk), but I trust KK. :indi:

I think Heskey would improve under Keegan and Malouda has got the talent but maybe being at Chelski he's not getting enough games under his belt.

Can play winger and Striker which is a bonus.

Atouba has great dribbling ability aslong as he does it up the pitch rather than in front of our area.

Put it this way Dave i'd see those players pushing us for a european place if Owen stays like.

Heskey would bring out the best in Owen (did so relatively recently for England) and wouldn't cost much but I just think he's very limited. He's about as much a goal threat as Ameobi.

Every time I've seen Malouda for Chelsea he's been utter gash. :hmm:

Atouba I've no idea on, but us going for anyone who f***ing Spurs see as not good enough would be a worry. ;)

Malouda was good I thought when he first joined and then went off the boil somehow, and was even better at Lyon

Heskey is a strong physical presence and would suit either Owen or Martins

Atouba has looked ok for Hamburg and his tricks are quality as long as he does it where it counts.

I'm getting pissed tonight either way, just a shame I havve to watch setanta sports instead of Sky

f*** it if Smith goes I couldn't give a toss!

I'll second Bontempi on Malouda, thought he was smashing early on. Strong direct running winger who can also cross. Wouldn't mind him at all and definitely miles better than Milner