Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

We should have signed Pedro Mendes for £3m. I think he is a little overrated because of a couple of wonder goals but still a decent player and for that price well worth it.

yeah, i kinda agree. we've done a lot worse in the past, £3m would have definitely been worth it. he's just been recalled to the portugal squad too if i remember rightly

From Setanta:

10.53: Valencia keeper Ludovic Butelle surprisingly claims he has been approached by Newcastle. Not as if The Magpies are short of decent keepers even if Krul is flogged to Feyenoord.

From Setanta:

10.53: Valencia keeper Ludovic Butelle surprisingly claims he has been approached by Newcastle. Not as if The Magpies are short of decent keepers even if Krul is flogged to Feyenoord.

If we flog Krul and get this lad in I`d be well pissed. Don`t think its true though......I think KK had Forster on the bench last season so he must have a bit of faith in him to not bring in another keeper. Really hope Krul stays or goes on loan at the most (which might be the best thing)

From BBC:

1107: "My mate works at Newcastle airport and has just seen Leroy Lita pass through baggage reclaim. I'm a worried Royals fan!"

Gotta hope that its because the mackems don't have an airport of their own or we are getting desparate.

Leroy's been getting a bad press recently like, he's a player that could do a job in the premiership. Not saying I want us to sign him, but he's lively, dangerous and not afraid of a shot. Always came up with very important goals for Reading.

From BBC:

1107: "My mate works at Newcastle airport and has just seen Leroy Lita pass through baggage reclaim. I'm a worried Royals fan!"

Gotta hope that its because the mackems don't have an airport of their own or we are getting desparate.

Leroy's been getting a bad press recently like, he's a player that could do a job in the premiership. Not saying I want us to sign him, but he's lively, dangerous and not afraid of a shot. Always came up with very important goals for Reading.

probably Keanes lates piece in the "team full of arrogant pricks" jigsaw,  cisse,diouf,chimbonda and now lita

please god i hope he is not coming to newcastle

From BBC:

You may well be right, though its sad that this type of player would be a useful squad addition. His team mate Doyle may be a different story.

1125: According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, Patrick Vieira has rejoined Arsenal!

Would be a huge story if it was true but somehow I can't see it.

Not sure what his fitness and mobility is like now, but they definitely do need someone like him in midfield, and older head to slow the game from time to time.

Guest justin99.

1125: According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, Patrick Vieira has rejoined Arsenal!

all because he was at the game on the weekend?

From BBC:

probably Keanes lates piece in the "team full of arrogant pricks" jigsaw,   cisse,diouf,chimbonda and now lita

please god i hope he is not coming to newcastle

He's tiny as well, saw him shopping in Reading and I must've been a good foot taller! Can't be much more than 5'5".

We aren't signing him, so I wouldn't worry like.

Guest toonlass

he was sitting next to mikel silvestre in the audience when we played them.

AUDIENCE? I know our performance was a joke but its not the Royal Variety Performance you know. Its crowds in football!