Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Guest justin99.

Do we expect all our signings (and I am assuming multiple :)) will be officially announced in one go?

I'd prefer 1 every hour or two.

keeps a steady amount of excitement.

Sounds good, possibly building up to the 'WOW' transfer at midnight  O0

exactly.

a signing at 11:59pm is a must

Transfer deadline is often the single day that encapsulates being a toon fan... Loads of expectation and excitement make it all worthwhile before the inevitable disappointment as we reach midnight and snap up Gok Wan or whoever it was Man Utd released...

Applies Europewide i'm pretty sure, hence Inter supposedly signing Quaresma today and Calderon saying Madrid would be making no more signings (If they couldn't make any it would seem a bit of an odd thing to say)

Makes sense but Sky this morning were still says the Premier League had recieved special dispensation. 'Special' suggesting it wasn't everyone getting it from UEFA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7582025.stm

Associations in [scotland,] England, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands have also moved their windows back to 1 September.

Spain obviously have done too.

why has it been extended?  My guess is something to do with yesterday being a Sunday?  Banks won't be operating etc?

Purely because it fell on a Sunday and I'm assuming the FA don't work that day (for player registrations etc).

Guest hikickry

f*** work i'm on here for the day

Xisco and Gonzalez so far and

If Smith goes i'll  :spit: then  :fwap: then go for a  :drink: then  :bng: then  :booze: and finally  :yorkie:

Get another 4 in on top of that and i'll even go down on the wife

:icon_salut:

I'm just glad we're getting linked with alot of names. Adds to the excitement in comparison to last year when SSN just tried to announce the signings of Beye and Faye after every advert break for the entire day.

f*** work i'm on here for the day

Xisco and Gonzalez so far and

If Smith goes i'll  :spit: then  :fwap: then go for a  :drink: then  :bng: then  :booze: and finally  :yorkie:

Get another 4 in on top of that and i'll even go down on the wife

:lol:

Atta Boy... Take one for the team!