Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment buy Citeh

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I still never really understand investment groups getting involved in footie. Don't see where they will make money which is what investment groups are supposed to do...

The Middle East really don't need to make money in the short-term, you know. If anything they need to find ways to spend money like hell short-term that could become something that isn't a massive loss-maker and can break even in the long-term.

I still never really understand investment groups getting involved in footie. Don't see where they will make money which is what investment groups are supposed to do...

The Middle East really don't need to make money in the short-term, you know. If anything they need to find ways to spend money like hell short-term that could become something that isn't a massive loss-maker and can break even in the long-term.

I know they don't need to make money, but the essence of an investment group is to invest money to make money, not to lose money short term and hopefully break even long term. I know that they are ridiculously cash-rich at present but i don't really understand the point in investing for the sake of investing just to hopefully break even long term. It's not like if they didn't invest it someone would come along and take it away from them... What happened to good old fashioned leaving your money in the bank for a rainy day?! I suppose the one thing they may hope for is positive western exposure...

Guest Jimminy Cricket

City are a serious team now!

----------------------Hart------------------

Zabaleta-----Richards-----Dunne-----Garrido

Wirght-Phillips--Johnson----Kompany--Petrov

----------------Elano------Jo------------------

That is a quality side with a very good manager and now with lots of money behind them! I think they are a serious threat to top 4 now.

I know they don't need to make money, but the essence of an investment group is to invest money to make money, not to lose money short term and hopefully break even long term. I know that they are ridiculously cash-rich at present but i don't really understand the point in investing for the sake of investing just to hopefully break even long term. It's not like if they didn't invest it someone would come along and take it away from them... What happened to good old fashioned leaving your money in the bank for a rainy day?! I suppose the one thing they may hope for is positive western exposure...

Positive exposure, yes. The UAE cannot leave money in the bank, otherwise they'd be at risk of silly amounts of inflation, they need to get rid of it somehow in the short-term.

Also - that Emirates Palace place where the deal was tied up was somewhere I visited 10 days or so back - it's a hotel, one of the most expensive in the world. It's absolutely massive - but apparently it's rare for the place to have more than a 50% occupancy rate - it's not financially viable if one was looking to break even or anything, it's just a way for the Middle East to tell the world that they have money, I'd say the same applies here.

Guest Jimminy Cricket

They bought the club outright, no borrowing :kasper:

These fella's are loaded, going to be a lot of money going into city.

They bought the club outright, no borrowing :kasper:

These fella's are loaded, going to be a lot of money going into city.

Wasn't that exactly what Ashley did with us?

Yes he did, SSN making out as if the title will goto city now this takeover has happened, Surely man city have spent on par with the top 4 the last 2 seasons already, cant see whats changed other than the owners not being wanted men.

Guest timmy boy

How long before they give Hughes the chop ? If they are expecting top four this season their is going to be allot of pressure on him to deliver,Sven got the sack from finishing 9th and Hughes is hardly a glamorous name.

Sigh, looks like in the next year or so there will be a big five.

We've had this the first time Thaksin took over, when Egg went into West Ham, Lerner into Villa, etc... I know they are all different but i wouldn't immediately be dejected because city have (another) pile of cash possibly at their disposal. New owners often means new manager so next time City have a slump we might see another change at the top which will unsettle everyone there. A club has to be managed well to succeed, not just have loads of money chucked at it. I know people will point to Chelsea but they had Mourinho who wasn't exactly a bad manager. Not saying Hughes is, just think he might not be who they want and the merry go round at City could start all over... As long as we're quietly working away in the background, getting some kind of stability, bringing some youth talent in and buying players of the quality we have so far, i'm happy to see City et al go mental