KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

can't believe there's people still telling us we're doing great or have done great. talk of the squad improving 'drastically' is a laugh.  :idiot2: people were unhappy earlier in the window as we hadnt brought in the required quality or quantity, and wanted that done before the window closed. had that happen they would've CHANGED THEIR MINDS as the facts changed accordingly. not doing so is being blindly stubborn with a mindset divorced from reality.

yet the same people who said 'just wait, the press no nowt, we bid such and such for modric so we will spend" are now blathering on like everything is okay. it's not by any means. at least the likes of dave and wullie appreciate this (in fairness the majority seem to).

for the third window in a row we've spent nothing in net terms. we've only brought in two quality players and in any case it's too early to say if they are successes (Jonas and Colocinni), then we've two unproven young players who are as much for the future as they are for now, and shouldn't be expected to come in and transform us (Guthrie, Xisco). on top of that, one squad filler defender for the future (Bassong), and one massive gamble who is making his first permanent move to europe at the ripe age of 26, having played in a minor league even by south american standards. massive gamble and not exactly the best statement of intent or alternative to the likes of Modric or Nasri, especially when we dont even own his registration.

we really needed to go out and get 3 more of Jonas and Coloccini's class, 4 more if you take into account a replacement for Faye our senior defender before Colo came in. where's the left-back we were supposed to be after? where's the new centre-half? where is this high calibre creative midfielder or big money replacement for milner? where's the long-term alternative to the rapidly diminishing nicky butt? had joey barton wanted to leave today we would've gotten rid of him too.

sigh. so disappointing once again from this lot. i'm sure there'll be the usual suspects out defending Ashley even though he's not really done anything to warrant such partisan defence or the lavish praise he'll sometimes receive. not saying he is a terrible chairman, but there's some who have a blind spot when it comes to criticising him, praising him for things shepherd wouldve been laughed at for, ignoring others that shepherd wouldve been pilloried for. though it should be expected, after all, he is such a 'legend' for drinking a pint and wearing a replica shirt.

but fuck it. the window is over so the period of hope and anticipation is over. i'm just hoping the new lads settle in and can show what they really need to show in terms of talent and cohesion with the rest of the squad. my gripe is more with those behind the scenes, jimenez and ashley, than with Keegan, who i trust has the ability to turn what we have into a half decent side. we can still make this season a success if our players stay fit, and a couple of the new boys can be big players for us if they rise to the occasion.

I get the impression that too many people think Newcastle Utd can just click their fingers and players will queue up to join us.

I fear that the public perception of the club is making KK's job of signing players 2,3,4 times as hard as it ordinarily would. He is managing to do it slowly but once again, I think there are just more atrractive clubs for the higher quality players (of the level we feel we need to progress) to join at this moment in time.

I'm  moderately happy with this transfer window, but KK made created his own problem when he went about with statements like

1) Milner will be replaced (that was after we got Jonas)

2) we have 4/5 hot irons including a wow signing

Should have just shut up or said we'll try our best, no need to take the fans for a ride (though I know it probably wasnt intentional)

I get the impression that too many people think Newcastle Utd can just click their fingers and players will queue up to join us.

I fear that the public perception of the club is making KK's job of signing players 2,3,4 times as hard as it ordinarily would. He is managing to do it slowly but once again, I think there are just more atrractive clubs for the higher quality players (of the level we feel we need to progress) to join at this moment in time.

I'm  moderately happy with this transfer window, but KK made created his own problem when he went about with statements like

1) Milner will be replaced (that was after we got Jonas)

2) we have 4/5 hot irons including a wow signing

Should have just shut up or said we'll try our best, no need to take the fans for a ride (though I know it probably wasnt intentional)

What the hell are you talking about?  He didn't say any of that!

I mean really, the man is being judged on Chinese fucking whispers :doh:

Keegan's made himself look a c*** with those comments.

or he's been made to look a cunt.

Yet he's been prepared to state countless times that the money is there, how he's the man making the decisions and how he knows what he's doing selling Milner which you can all judge him on on Monday night, now if this isn't the case then he's a cunt for coming out and being prepared to bullshit the fans every week just so he can pick up his fat wage packet.

At this point in time his words are as hollow as Roeders who came out with similar shite 2 years ago.

can't believe there's people still telling us we're doing great or have done great. talk of the squad improving 'drastically' is a laugh.  :idiot2: people were unhappy earlier in the window as we hadnt brought in the required quality or quantity, and wanted that done before the window closed. had that happen they would've CHANGED THEIR MINDS as the facts changed accordingly. not doing so is being blindly stubborn with a mindset divorced from reality.

yet the same people who said 'just wait, the press no nowt, we bid such and such for modric so we will spend" are now blathering on like everything is okay. it's not by any means. at least the likes of dave and wullie appreciate this (in fairness the majority seem to).

for the third window in a row we've spent nothing in net terms. we've only brought in two quality players and in any case it's too early to say if they are successes (Jonas and Colocinni), then we've two unproven young players who are as much for the future as they are for now, and shouldn't be expected to come in and transform us (Guthrie, Xisco). on top of that, one squad filler defender for the future (Bassong), and one massive gamble who is making his first permanent move to europe at the ripe age of 26, having played in a minor league even by south american standards. massive gamble and not exactly the best statement of intent or alternative to the likes of Modric or Nasri, especially when we dont even own his registration.

we really needed to go out and get 3 more of Jonas and Coloccini's class, 4 more if you take into account a replacement for Faye our senior defender before Colo came in. where's the left-back we were supposed to be after? where's the new centre-half? where is this high calibre creative midfielder or big money replacement for milner? where's the long-term alternative to the rapidly diminishing nicky butt? had joey barton wanted to leave today we would've gotten rid of him too.

sigh. so disappointing once again from this lot. i'm sure there'll be the usual suspects out defending Ashley even though he's not really done anything to warrant such partisan defence or the lavish praise he'll sometimes receive. not saying he is a terrible chairman, but there's some who have a blind spot when it comes to criticising him, praising him for things shepherd wouldve been laughed at for, ignoring others that shepherd wouldve been pilloried for. though it should be expected, after all, he is such a 'legend' for drinking a pint and wearing a replica shirt.

but f*** it. the window is over so the period of hope and anticipation is over. i'm just hoping the new lads settle in and can show what they really need to show in terms of talent and cohesion with the rest of the squad. my gripe is more with those behind the scenes, jimenez and ashley, than with Keegan, who i trust has the ability to turn what we have into a half decent side. we can still make this season a success if our players stay fit, and a couple of the new boys can be big players for us if they rise to the occasion.

Absolutely top quality post Johnny. Having read through some of the other comments here, I was starting to question my sanity for being a little dissapointed. I'm glad to see I'm not the only "mad" one.

Jesus wept, some of the absolute shite being spouted in here!!! Its like reading the gutter press (and their hate campaign against us) some of it.

Lock the fucker....infact lock the board for a few hours, fucks sake!!! Un-friggin-believable :(

but f*** it. the window is over so the period of hope and anticipation is over. i'm just hoping the new lads settle in and can show what they really need to show in terms of talent and cohesion with the rest of the squad. my gripe is more with those behind the scenes, jimenez and ashley, than with Keegan, who i trust has the ability to turn what we have into a half decent side. we can still make this season a success if our players stay fit, and a couple of the new boys can be big players for us if they rise to the occasion.

Absolutely top quality post Johnny. Having read through some of the other comments here, I was starting to question my sanity for being a little dissapointed. I'm glad to see I'm not the only "mad" one.

i'm a  little disappointed,not massivly,just a little. i was expecting more but i know nothing or gonzalez or xisco.

Guest black n white

season over

big 5 now

we might get europe through the fair play league if nicky butt doesnt play

but ashley was talking about challenging for fourth place aha

owen will leave in a few months

all for some fat beer swelling idiot that has walked in and fooled certainly a few people on here

yes he may have saved us from doing a leeds and i'm grateful but everything that has been said has been totally inaccurate

poor keegan

if i'm wrong then fair enough.......but when ashley can blow 130million fucking about with the stock market(nothing to do with nufc)

we needed players more than anything else......competition

underwhelmed is an understatement

Total Joke. The new signings are decent, not world beaters and the squad is even smaller now than we finished last season with. On top of that we were looking to sell at least 3 other players.

I haven't a clue what the two lads are like which we've brought in today but if they are as good as the first four who came in then we've come out of the transfer window better than when we went into it.

Have we done enough?  Only time will tell, we'll need all 6 new players to deliver if we're going to get into Europe at the end of this season.  I still think we're two quality players short and I'm not looking forwards to seeing too many games with Butt, Smith, Duff or Shola in the starting line up.

Total Joke. The new signings are decent, not world beaters and the squad is even smaller now than we finished last season with. On top of that we were looking to sell at least 3 other players.

No it isn't, and how can we sell three more players when the windows closed..

Some people need to get a real f***ing grip.

You don't just iron out all the problems with your squad in one window.

The defence is looking drastically better, the quality midfield has improved somewhat and we've signed an exciting young striker who may oust Viduka from the side.

Yes we didn't get the big named AM we all wanted, but we've addressed a lot of issues with our squad.

And for the record Keegan said he wanted 2-3 in a couple of days ago and that's what he's done so what's the problem?

There you go.

Cos we're super-duper Newcastle United who can offer absolutely anything a top quality European player wants - Euro football, guaranteed European challenge, consistent silverware challenges, exotic location, etc etc. Not forgetting that we're not really in the game of simply paying massive wages just to get a particular player; that doesn't work and financially rapes us.

For Keegan to get top quality players was a very difficult task -  which is why he's got Wise etc - who have got a very hard job. They're having to unearth those fucking quality players - not just simply pick two or three like City/Spurs/the top four have done. They've done very well in finding Coloccini and Gutierrez (maybe Gonzalez and Xisco too?)... you're expecting the earth really - demanding five players of Gutierrez's quality. Like i say, they have to actually dig em up from somewhere - not just go "Robinho/Modric/Bentley/Berbatov/whoever is good, lezgerrim..."

I haven't a clue what the two lads are like which we've brought in today but if they are as good as the first four who came in then we've come out of the transfer window better than when we went into it.

Have we done enough?  Only time will tell, we'll need all 6 new players to deliver if we're going to get into Europe at the end of this season.  I still think we're two quality players short and I'm not looking forwards to seeing too many games with Butt, Smith, Duff or Shola in the starting line up.

i hope so, though incrimental improvements or baby steps forward arent really what we should be doing. the premiership has had massive injections of cash into it in the past few years, for a variety of reasons, and the standard of the league is rapidly improving so to simply tread water and maintain your position you need to improve and to move up you have to do something special.

i'm disappointed. it's not the end of the world but i think it is going to be a quiet few years in terms of ambition for us. thank god we have a good manager. in the hands of a bad manager such a rapacious, tight-fisted transfer approach could be disasterous. remember souness had £50m and took us from 5th to lower mid table. had he been given nowt he would've gotten us relegated! i just wish we'd give keegan similar sums as he is someone who has a proven record in spending money and getting the best out of players.

on the plus side, we have two new players and we're still in all the cups and in with a shout at the league title if we win all our remaining games.  :cheesy:

Keegan said that he wanted players that "were right for Newcastle". I have enough faith in KK to think that these 2 will be and be good additions to the lads that have already come in and started well.

With a bit of luck on the injury front, I think we will do as well this season as most people expected before a ball was kicked.

I think we are all just feeling a little jealous because Man City have gone out and got a monumental trophy signing.

Summer 2006

OUT: Shearer, Bowyer, Chopra, Elliott, Faye and Boumsong

IN: Martins, Duff, Sibierski, Rossi, Srnicek and Bernard.

Some people need to get a fucking grip if they think this window has been the worst yet. Short memories.

KK created unnecessary high expectations when he went about with statements like

1) We have 4/5 hot irons including a wow signing

2) Judge me on Monday midnight

3) I'll get Milner's money....implying that we're will be buying in excess of 10M

These statement created expectations that the best part of the transfer window for us will come in the last few days (as he said it just a few days ago) and it says a lot that although I'm moderately happy with this transfer window, it's really because we goy Coloccini and Jonas...two players that we got much earlier on. If I was to judge the Monday signings against the expectations that KK created....then my ratings would be below average