KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

Summer 2006

OUT: Shearer, Bowyer, Chopra, Elliott, Faye and Boumsong

IN: Martins, Duff, Sibierski, Rossi, Srnicek and Bernard.

Some people need to get a fucking grip if they think this window has been the worst yet. Short memories.

Add the Summers of 2003 and 2004 to that.

Disappointing the windows closed with us only having one recognised left back who's just pulled his hamstring all the same.

All true, but 2006 was a fucking low, low ebb in this club's recent history and even with that squad we went on to have a very nifty UEFA cup campaign with an appalling manager at the helm. I'm still holding out for an Insua sort coming in at LB as I can't believe KK will be happy with having to rely on N'Zogbia and Bassong to cover there when we're struggling for bodies elsewhere.

Let's wait till tomorrow.

SSN never even reported this fellow for Everton.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/02/manchestercity.chelsea?gusrc=rss&feed=football

That's coz we're not sure if it has infact gone through, but there seems a good chance. £15m, what a joke. But my word, seems we actually have a pot to piss in?

In response to a few comments I've read on this forum regarding transfers, and since I don't know who the mongs are (every forum has them), I apologise if I generalise.

But f***ing hell, have some of you heard yourselves? Get a quality player like Coloccini, claim he might not settle, get 2 relatively unknown players today, write them off before they're given a chance. I mean seriously, you're lowering yourselves to the standards of people on some Everton forums.

From the outside, you've had a constructive summer. No, not that star player, but a star player isn't going to make you develop any quicker than a few decent players, which is what you've got. Coloccini and Gutierrez look quality, and frankly you are pretty much on a par with Everton at the moment, due to the shower of s**** that's running our club at the moment.

Chin up Geordies, a fairly canny season awaits, imo.

That £15 million is a snip. I don't know if you've seen him play, but that boy is bloody impressive for a 20 year old.

He has a massive presence and is great with the ball. He is only 20 but can go straight into your first team and serve you well for the next 10 years!

Excellent purchase. Will be worth much more in a few years.

Well I haven't seen him play much aside from a few games including the 2 against Liverpool. Just think £15m is very steep indeed unless he has proven quality. Time will tell.

Guest Coubury

I wouldnt want Robinho here for that sort of money

Im pissed off that we never signed a LB

Enrique is s*** and cant cut it here, no point saying maybe he will turn good this year.

:idiot2:

Dont tell me you rate the lad?

He was brillaint in La Liga but he has been very dissapointing for us.

I think the manner of the Arsenal defeat has spooked a few people.

Absolutely no doubt about that IMO. Some have always claimed we need much better/more signings, but a lot of this negativity simply wasn't there before that game.

Think people were content to wait for signings in the days before Arsenal, especially since KK said he wants 3 or 4 new signings and we would get them. Granted we have got 2, but they arnt well know, or big names so to speak, which itself has annoyed people. Maybe 2 more household names would have changed the face of things

Last week, very few were saying we need 4 players, there was a lot of consensus on a striker, an attacking midfielder and then the left back situation, which a lot felt was less of a priority than some attacking impetus. Which is what you've got basically.

I think the manner of the Arsenal defeat has spooked a few people.

Agreed.

But f***ing hell, have some of you heard yourselves? Get a quality player like Coloccini, claim he might not settle, get 2 relatively unknown players today, write them off before they're given a chance. I mean seriously, you're lowering yourselves to the standards of people on some Everton forums.

From the outside, you've had a constructive summer. No, not that star player, but a star player isn't going to make you develop any quicker than a few decent players, which is what you've got. Coloccini and Gutierrez look quality, and frankly you are pretty much on a par with Everton at the moment, due to the shower of shite that's running our club at the moment.

Chin up Geordies, a fairly canny season awaits, imo.

:shifty:  Takes an Everton fan to see that our window's not been nearly as bad as some are making out and in fact has been pretty good, even without seeing Xisco and Gonzalez.

We've improved!  We're not deep, obviously, but we're not in Europe, which negates that factor a smidgen.  I've no doubt we'll be active in January (first priority selling Smith and Ameobi, hopefully), too.

For those going on abt Robinho to ManShitty - look at them last year: made improvements to the squad and had a flying (half-) season.  Raised their profile a bit, had a quality summer (of course, last minute gazillionaires help too).  Let's have a good season, qualify for Europe, and then bring in more quality and quantity.  IMO, the fact that we haven't been able to bring in more players is down to the club not wanting to sell, the player not wanting to come, or Keegan not wanting those who are available.  I don't think we lack ambition at all.

Guest optimistic nit

remember souness had £50m and took us from 5th to lower mid table. had he been given nowt he would've gotten us relegated!

this has nothing whatsoever to do with our other debate but what sort of argument is that? :lol: if souness hadn't beeen given 50 million there's every chance that he'd have been a bit more careful with his prise assets and instead of wasting all of that money on shit we would have kept the squad we had and finished higher than we did otherwise.

i dont think the money isn't there either, as i have said, its there if the price is right, and 34million for robinho plus over 100K a week isn't right in my books, not that i wouldn't love him here.

we don't have assests of over 800 billion, we just have the meagure 1.5, so we can't afford to do an abramovic.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Just a little afraid of how far we are falling behind teams that are pulling away from us, in terms of squads/players and spending goes.

As far as player-to-player comparisons go, i'd say that Manchester City and Tottenham are the only two teams outside the top four who have significantly better personnel in their starting line-up. And if Keegan can get his juicy 4-3-3 working with these strong attacking players, there's nothing to say we don't have a better system and a better manager than those two anyway.

People are crying because we haven't got enough squad depth, which is true, but the only position i'm really concerned about is wing-backs.

We've got good starting wingers, there's Duff as backup if need be, but we can go with three centre-mids if we want. Aye people may say that our centre-mids aren't convincing, but would you say Geremi-Butt-Barton was? I know i wouldn't have done... but it actually was a pretty decent working line-up. And we've improved on that. :)

Everton haven't had a great transfer window. Villa have brought in some good defenders but teams shouldn't be any more afraid of their front six than they should be of ours. Blackburn are on the way down. West Ham, meh. Man City and Spurs look scary, admittedly - but there's not a huge amount to say we can't have a good season.

Well like I said as long as we don't get too many injuries. I think they will hit hard as usual and we will be miles behind the likes of Villa, City, Portsmouth, Spurs maybe Everton when they start getting players back. Was also talking more about over the next few windows in terms of squads and quality of players.

The way things seem/are at the moment (last few windows) we are going to struggle to get anywhere near Europe for a while. Hope to God I'm wrong like, unless he gets investors soon/before the next window. Or we get to a Cup final against the top 4. :lol: Damn I'm tired, going to bed.

Just a little afraid of how far we are falling behind teams that are pulling away from us, in terms of squads/players and spending goes.

As far as player-to-player comparisons go, i'd say that Manchester City and Tottenham are the only two teams outside the top four who have significantly better personnel in their starting line-up. And if Keegan can get his juicy 4-3-3 working with these strong attacking players, there's nothing to say we don't have a better system and a better manager than those two anyway.

People are crying because we haven't got enough squad depth, which is true, but the only position i'm really concerned about is wing-backs.

We've got good starting wingers, there's Duff as backup if need be, but we can go with three centre-mids if we want. Aye people may say that our centre-mids aren't convincing, but would you say Geremi-Butt-Barton was? I know i wouldn't have done... but it actually was a pretty decent working line-up. And we've improved on that. :)

Everton haven't had a great transfer window. Villa have brought in some good defenders but teams shouldn't be any more afraid of their front six than they should be of ours. Blackburn are on the way down. West Ham, meh. Man City and Spurs look scary, admittedly - but there's not a huge amount to say we can't have a good season.

Well like I said as long as we don't get too many injuries. I think they will hit hard as usual and we will be miles behind the likes of Villa, City, Portsmouth, Spurs maybe Everton when they start getting players back. Was also talking more about over the next few windows in terms of squads and quality of players.

The way things seem/are at the moment (last few windows) we are going to struggle to get anywhere near Europe for a while. Hope to God I'm wrong like, unless he gets investors soon/before the next window. Or we get to a Cup final against the top 4. :lol: Damn I'm tired, going to bed.

Maybe won't get there but to not get near Europe? Bit pessimistic isn't it?

Gonzales is the Milner replacement, before Milner left KK said 3 in, a defender, striker and a midfielder. We got one of those, I wasn't arsed about a defender tbh until KK said we would get one in, now I'm pissed off, he should have just shut up, thats the third time this summer he's bullshitted.

Gonzales is the Milner replacement, before Milner left KK said 3 in, a defender, striker and a midfielder. We got one of those, I wasn't arsed about a defender tbh until KK said we would get one in, now I'm pissed off, he should have just shut up, thats the third time this summer he's bullshitted.

He got 2 of those 3.  :lol:

The reason the Arsenal game spooked me is because it showed what our season will be like with a few injuries. This problem has barely been rectified.

I think it might take more than these 2 players to live with Arsenal for 90 minutes at the Emirates in that form.

Smith and Ameobi still here, sorry but I'm off crying myself to sleep.

I honestly can see them seeing their contracts out. They are so shite, it would be an absolute miracle for another manager to take them off our hands.

The reason the Arsenal game spooked me is because it showed what our season will be like with a few injuries. This problem has barely been rectified.

I think it might take more than these 2 players to live with Arsenal for 90 minutes at the Emirates in that form.

Take Owen and Martins (and Owen will get injured) and the whole team falls apart. Hopefully this Xisco kid will help out a little bit with this but the same thing applies to the rest of the squad. If Jonas gets injured we have no penetration from midfield. Either of our full backs get injured (and Enrique has done his hamstring in) we're having to move players out of position to fill in. It's not a case of me expecting us to have top quality all throughout the squad, but our back up players are such a drop in quality that the team can't cope when we miss our best players through injury.

Guest sittingontheball

No depth is the problem. Our LB cover is still the Zog, which takes him out of midfield, stops him developing in his best position, and opens the door to Damian frickin Duff.

I would have like a creative or attacking center midfielder. Fingers crossed for this Nacho fella, but someone more established would have set the pulse going more. Owen dropping deep still seems the best way to get moves going.

I'm excited about Xisco at least. Can't wait to see him.  We're still paying Smith and Ameobi wages though. What a waste.

Take Owen and Martins (and Owen will get injured) and the whole team falls apart. Hopefully this Xisco kid will help out a little bit with this but the same thing applies to the rest of the squad. If Jonas gets injured we have no penetration from midfield. Either of our full backs get injured (and Enrique has done his hamstring in) we're having to move players out of position to fill in. It's not a case of me expecting us to have top quality all throughout the squad, but our back up players are such a drop in quality that the team can't cope when we miss our best players through injury.

We should be able to cope as long as we don't lose too many players at the same time, I hope so anyway.

We should be able to cope as long as we don't lose too many players at the same time, I hope so anyway.

I can't even remember the last time we didn't have an injury hit season. Probably the last time KK was here.

I hear you because with a lot of very nasty injuries you could end up with Butt, Geremi, Duff and Smith in midfield, which would be awful and  a bit like the start of last season. ;)

I hear you because with a lot of very nasty injuries you could end up with Butt, Geremi, Duff and Smith in midfield, which would be awful and  a bit like the start of last season. ;)

Or just the middle of the season where we didn't win for like 3 months.

I was stretching the point.

Judging by the reactions of the Depor forums last night, i'm going to stick my neck out and say that Xisco could prove to be a better signing than Jonas.

He got 2 of those 3.  :lol:

He said those three before Milner was sold, Gonzales looks to be a quick Milner replacement.

I was stretching the point.

Judging by the reactions of the Depor forums last night, i'm going to stick my neck out and say that Xisco could prove to be a better signing than Jonas.

Yeah I'm hopeful he'll be another quality addition.