KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

Been an utter failure.

Our small squad has not got any bigger. We have no backup RB. No natural backup LB. Only 4 natural central midfielders, got knows what we'll do if we have injury problems. Right wing will have to to be Jonas or Geremi, and with the injury problems were having down the left we could be forced into playing Geremi on the right, which is an absolute farce.

Playing the man who has the most assists (guessing) for us last season is an absolute farce? Geremi's never going to set the world alight but he's no Smith.

I'm not going to deny Geremi has a good delivery, he probably has the best in our team. But he in no way should be starting on our right wing. He has zero pace, can't beat a man and due to his lack of pace has problems tracking back when opponents break quickly, leaving Beye badly exposed.

My piont is Milner should have never been sold if we weren't going to buy a replacement.

Why are you ignoring Geremi being a better player than Milner. There is also an arguement that Jonas was bought as Milner's replacement as he plays on the right wing.

Seriously, fuck off.  :lol: You must still be pissed if you think Geremi is a better player than Milner.

My piont is also even if Jonas was brought in to play on the right, with our squad being so small he'll end playing on the left a fair bit.

KK looking foolish

The rest of us ?

None too happy

The old KK would have walked.

Yes i am coming to the conclusion that KK is a changed man and dare i say it a puppet for Ashley and his cohorts                                                                                  :laser:

I notice you're back to the negative stuff Parky after peddling your positive ITK lies all night.

Not allowed opinions on here then?

If you get off the fence you'd admit bar a couple of good signings Collo and Guti the rest is distinctly average with a net spend of £10m......Good enough? Good enough for KK? ( I feel sorry for him).

I'm going to try stay positive here

Didn't Ashley state he wouldn't be blowing a  huge wad on players as he was looking for investors so we could compete with the Chelsea's and now Man shitty's of this world?

The target at the start of the season was top 8 and hopefully a european place, and yet people are surprised we've not bid for world class players! We need to wake up and smell the coffee, we have no european football to offer and do any of you think Robinho would have gone to city if they had finished 12th?

We've got better players in than we could have expected and a promising striker and ok a loan midfielder, but who's to say he's not a great player as well.

Think January will see us add right back and left back cover and maybe a right winger, but with the players off with injuries we don't look half bad! And who's to say we can't sort out some other loan deals before that?

Pompey need to shed some players or at least wages so maybe get a defender from there to see us through till Jan.

We need to walk before we can run people

Been an utter failure.

Our small squad has not got any bigger. We have no backup RB. No natural backup LB. Only 4 natural central midfielders, got knows what we'll do if we have injury problems. Right wing will have to to be Jonas or Geremi, and with the injury problems were having down the left we could be forced into playing Geremi on the right, which is an absolute farce.

Playing the man who has the most assists (guessing) for us last season is an absolute farce? Geremi's never going to set the world alight but he's no Smith.

I'm not going to deny Geremi has a good delivery, he probably has the best in our team. But he in no way should be starting on our right wing. He has zero pace, can't beat a man and due to his lack of pace has problems tracking back when opponents break quickly, leaving Beye badly exposed.

My piont is Milner should have never been sold if we weren't going to buy a replacement.

Why are you ignoring Geremi being a better player than Milner. There is also an arguement that Jonas was bought as Milner's replacement as he plays on the right wing.

Seriously, fuck off.  :lol: You must still be pissed if you think Geremi is a better player than Milner.

My piont is also even if Jonas was brought in to play on the right, with our squad being so small he'll end playing on the left a fair bit.

Have you watched Milner play? He created fuck all. Now Geremi isn't my favourite player but at least he can cross the ball for fuck sake. He may not have the legs but we might get a few goals out of him.

How will he end up playing on the left, we have N'Zogbia and Duff? Or are three players not enough.

Been an utter failure.

Seriously, f*** off.  :lol: You must still be pissed if you think Geremi is a better player than Milner.

Geremi is a better player than Milner. He scores more and he creates more despite being older and slower. Milner has scored 11 goals in 136 appearances for fuck's sake and is the worst crosser of a ball i've ever seen.

I notice you're back to the negative stuff Parky after peddling your positive ITK lies all night.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

I've edited.  ^^^

FTR I'm rarely on 'the negative' for long....So do one! (ho ho)..

I'm going to try stay positive here

Didn't Ashley state he wouldn't be blowing a  huge wad on players as he was looking for investors so we could compete with the Chelsea's and now Man shitty's of this world?

The target at the start of the season was top 8 and hopefully a european place, and yet people are surprised we've not bid for world class players! We need to wake up and smell the coffee, we have no european football to offer and do any of you think Robinho would have gone to city if they had finished 12th?

We've got better players in than we could have expected and a promising striker and ok a loan midfielder, but who's to say he's not a great player as well.

Think January will see us add right back and left back cover and maybe a right winger, but with the players off with injuries we don't look half bad! And who's to say we can't sort out some other loan deals before that?

Pompey need to shed some players or at least wages so maybe get a defender from there to see us through till Jan.

We need to walk before we can run people

I agree.

Imagine if we had signed Fraizer Campbell on the last day of the window or imagine if we had spunken 15m on a belgian unknown. There would have been hell on.

It may not have been a glittering transfer window with big names coming in but it's been productive.

I will wait to see the two newbies play to pass judgement, but I don't think it's been a bad window. We've cleared out the deadwood, we now in theory have 4 good strikers which should mean Smith and Shola don't play, defence looks good although in my opinion could use one more player who could play CD/LB just to toughen up, midfield could be better. However, everyone was moaning about Guthrie and Jonas being unknown, as well as Bassong, and along with Coloccini they all look good enough, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm sure the others will be good enough too. Another central midfielder/right winger would have been nice along with the defender, but neither are massive problems at the minute if you ask me.

Also, fuck James Milner.

I've edited.  ^^^

My thoughts are there: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=55650.msg1469339#msg1469339

I'm simply referring to you going on all night making stuff up about how things are going to be just fine and how we're in for this player, that player, then when it doesn't materialise (surprise, surprise) you're straight back on the 'it's not good enough' trail.

No doubt a few more snidey comments will mysteriously appear on Toontastic over the next couple of hours and days about me and this place btw. :thup:

I've edited.  ^^^

My thoughts are there: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=55650.msg1469339#msg1469339

I'm simply referring to you going on all night making stuff up about how things are going to be just fine and how we're in for this player, that player, then when it doesn't materialise (surprise, surprise) you're straight back on the 'it's not good enough' trail.

No doubt a few more snidey comments will mysteriously appear on Toontastic over the next couple of hours and days about me and this place btw. :thup:

Your off your head if you think we got all the players we went for. Me starting a thread regarding last minute bids ( who would people go for) is hardly ITK lies is it? You know as well as I do I'm always ridiculously positive on transfer night, it is pointless being any other way imo.  My first post on Diarra was simply that I'd go for him...(again hardly ITK)...I see you read my posts on another board more carefully since I started posting less on here...I take it as a compliment.  :laugh:

Link me to a snidey comment I've made about you and I'll happily apologise. I on the other hand will be able to show you posts where I've stuck up for you...Shock horror!!

Now shut it!  :aww:

I read Toontastic as much as I've always done, thanks.

I'm not going to trawl all the things you've said and agreed with via smileys, you know what you've posted over there.

So you've found nada?  :joker:

You want me to find summat?

I've seen them mate, don't play dumb. It's off topic anyway.

Here:

Team Captain

Group: Members

Member No.: 752

QUOTE(triggy99 @ Aug 19 2008, 09:09 PM)

who owns N-O?

Dave (admin) has been paying for the server I heard. Not sure if he totally owns the site, but at a guess he is a key figure. He can be a bit tetchy but is generally alright...Puts in a lot of time keeping the site ticking over etc....

--------------------

First you must walk in the valley to be near the mountain.

Now put the gun down.  :joker:

Really do disagree with those who are saying the transfer window has been a 'total failure' and those who 'feel let down'. As Rich said earlier in the thread, look at previous transfer windows. The only thing i'm not chuffed about is that we haven't got another wing-back, when we were promised one all summer long - that's the only thing i'm in an arse about. But how can anyone honestly deny that we haven't improved the first team significantly? :(

Simply a case of people expecting too much this window, in my opinion. Other clubs' transfer activity hasn't helped.

Been an utter failure.

Seriously, f*** off.  :lol: You must still be pissed if you think Geremi is a better player than Milner.

Geremi is a better player than Milner. He scores more and he creates more despite being older and slower. Milner has scored 11 goals in 136 appearances for fuck's sake and is the worst crosser of a ball i've ever seen.

FACT

I feel it was a decent window for us, but there was definitely more that could and probably should have been done. Now, the issue is whether this was Keegan's choice or was it the transfer team's? Either way, there are still holes in our squad that needs to be addressed but we've got a better squad than last year and we've got KK.