KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like KK knew what his role was and it's another toys out of the pram job.

Looks like a nasty situation is about to get even nastier, tbh. That could be a bit of a media own-goal there for Ashley & Co.

I agree entirely.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, the board trying to discredit Keegan is entirely the wrong way to go about things. Coming across as some smart arsed cockney lawyers is the last thing they should have done......fucking idiots.

Looks like KK knew what his role was and it's another toys out of the pram job.

Looks like a nasty situation is about to get even nastier, tbh. That could be a bit of a media own-goal there for Ashley & Co.

I preferred that post pre-edit!

Bunch of f***ing c***s. How has this structure ever been clear since 16th January? Lying, slimy toads.

the question is wether it was clear to keegan.

It wasn't even clear to Ashley himself apparently.

That first set of bold writing should have been half a sentence earlier tbh...if the deal is right.....

No. "If the deal is right – and that means it’s the right player who Kevin wants" defines the right deal as the player Kevin wants. That's a definition of the right deal, right there, from Mike Ashley himself. It was a lie.

Is it me or does that club statement come across as immature?

It's like it's been typed by an angry ex over MSN or something.

Reads like a post on here rather than an official statement from a large company.

Clever stuff chaps, real clever.

As SSR points out, if this was the case all along then the've done a corking job of lying to us all since then.

there can be no doubt that there was a big problem in the structure, both with what theyve said and perhaps more importantly, the pathetic, immature way they've said it.

as many suspected, it looks like keegan went head to head with the board in an attempt to change the structure as he felt he couldnt work under those restrictions, and that this had only became abundantly clear on the final days of the transfer window. i'd further make a guess that he felt there was some sort of consensus operating before that which, along with smooth communication, had broken down and that was what pushed him 'over the edge', so to speak.

and while i dont believe a word the club says atm, it also looks like keegan knew there was a DoF to be brought in when he joined, though i doubt it was discussed much in depth. that's not just his fault, but the fault of the board. looking at it with hindsight, keegan was a bad appointment if you want to use such a system.

appoint in haste, repent at leisure.

this statement also has huge implications for our future, if they are saying the new boss cannot even talk to the media about new signings - well - that is farcical and they must truely be clueless.

Sadly a ridiculous statement like this will only serve to inflame passions. they really don't understand do they? it feels like once again, this club is being ran by amatuers.

That first set of bold writing should have been half a sentence earlier tbh...if the deal is right.....

No. "If the deal is right and that means its the right player who Kevin wants" defines the right deal as the player Kevin wants. That's a definition of the right deal, right there, from Mike Ashley himself. It was a lie.

I'm sure if Keegan named a player, and it was in our pay structure, we'd have got him. That's how I read that.

Gosh I've given Ashley and the board the benefit of the doubt even as others were screaming for their heads but this statement is downright pathetic....talk bout warming up to the fans and striking a conciliatory stance.....should sack the PR officer, really.  :idiot2:

Er, that's a bit of a stupid statement to put out. Surely they could have kept quiet until it all died down, or at the very least put something out that sounds less, well, angry?

The media will have a fucking field day with that.

Seen this sort of thing happening before in my working life. Dullard managers in the shit, out of their depth, being very badly advised by inept PR consultants.

This situation will get much worse before it gets better. Someone is clearly lying and I fear we'll air our dirty laundry in public. Again.  :undecided:

What a fucking shambles.

Afraid so. I was giving Ashley the benefit of the doubt up until this indiscretion  :nope:

As I've said all along, Keegan was happy to accept it to get his feet under the table.

I'm starting to think you're actually Dennis Wise. :lol:

Same here... How anybody can try to defend a statement or structure like this for a Premiership football club is beyond me. And that's coming from somebody who is actually in favour of a DoF structure, but if there is meant to be no input at all of the manager into the recruitment process how the hell is the manager supposed to achieve the goals set to him and be accountable if they fail?

Guest Howaythetoon

Is this signed by the chairman, Ashley or any other director? What fucking cowards, patronising wankers they really are. I'm embarrassed by this statement, its so amateur and so fucking childish. It smacks of pure panic, do we really need these clowns running our club... I'm now fucking seething having calmed down over the last few years.

As I've said all along, Keegan was happy to accept it to get his feet under the table.

Accept what though. They seem to be wanting to prove they are in the right but they dont confirm the crucial fact about the DOF being allowed to sign players without Kevin's agreement

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

Basically an admission that they made Keegan lie to the press and therefore the fans about players coming in and going out.

Is this signed by the chairman, Ashley or any other director? What fucking cowards, patronising wankers they really are. I'm embarrassed by this statement, its so amateur and so fucking childish. It smacks of pure panic, do we really need these clowns running our club... I'm now fucking seething having calmed down over the last few years.

OK people we need a brown paper bag for HTT. NOW!!!

if the club is going to present press releases like this, which are supposed to be sanitised and neutral, imagine how they've been treating keegan. from the tone of this it looks like the working relationship and communications had descended to pitiful levels, which regardless of the principles at stake, is another reason why Keegan left.

I'm starting to think you're actually Dennis Wise. :lol:

Same here... How anybody can try to defend a statement or structure like this for a Premiership football club is beyond me. And that's coming from somebody who is actually in favour of a DoF structure, but if there is meant to be no input at all of the manager into the recruitment process how the hell is the manager supposed to achieve the goals set to him and be accountable if they fail?

Keegan did have a say though, Guthrie was his signing and the likes of Bassong and Zayette either stayed or went on the opinion of what Keegan thought of them while on trial.

Possibly - my view is the structure was explained to him but only hit home how they saw it working when it was actually implemented.

You could then ask how far they were willing to change it to address his concerns but that statement suggests not one iota.