KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"People can make too much of little things. Dennis' job is to go out and look at young talent all around the world. His task is to help bring new players to our attention and to oversee the Academy and the staff there, producing a new cycle of players, some of whom we want to see break into the first team in a few years." - Mike Ashley, August 23.

Maybe Jimenez was the DOF? Don't get me wrong, I hate Wise as much as the next person, but since Jiminez is titled as 'Vice President (Player Recruitment)' I think it's probably him who is this so-called Director of Football (even though the club has never used that term until now, strange).

Wise is "Executive Director (Football)"

"People can make too much of little things. Dennis' job is to go out and look at young talent all around the world. His task is to help bring new players to our attention and to oversee the Academy and the staff there, producing a new cycle of players, some of whom we want to see break into the first team in a few years." - Mike Ashley, August 23.

Nowhere in the statement did it say, "Keegan reports to Dennis Wise".

conspicuous by its absence, i'd say.

the statement also says keegan had specific duties (ie not involved with transfers) and then goes on to say the club did not interfere with those duties.

translation = we interfered in all and everything but  training, team selection & motivation, and transfers was not in his remit (he wasnt even allowed to speak to the press)

Eh?

Guest elbee909

Maybe Jimenez was the DOF? Don't get me wrong, I hate Wise as much as the next person, but since Jiminez is titled as 'Vice President (Player Recruitment)' I think it's probably him who is this so-called Director of Football (even though the club has never used that term until now, strange).

Wise is "Executive Director (Football)"

I like the brackets.

Keegan might not be able to state his side of the story but I'm sure I heard Bevan of the LMA having his say a couple of days ago. Something about conductors of orchestras. Where did he get that from?

bevan was in on these talks apparently him keegan vs lameass wise veterre and another

Was he representing Keegan?

yip and he will by the lma in the tribunal which will probably never happen, settle out of court then the confidential shit kicks in

I didn't realise he was actually involved in the meetings. I thought he was just giving his opinion.  :thup:

I'm sure I've imagined the last eight months.

I swear Jan-Sept was spent watching the club deny that Kevin wasn't in control and that Jimenez et al were merely scouts.

There's a few smartarses on here that back the clubs complete revision of history.

Staggering.

Did you lads get a personal memo from Ashley or something? Nice of you to tell us the score before we parted with £500-£1500.

Or maybe you just like going against the popular opinion to feel superior or something.

how do people think this statement might impact upon our search for a manager or the new manager's ability to work successfully at our club?

the club are saying whoever takes the manager's role, or should I say, first team coach's role, is not allowed to talk to the press on the matter of transfers. i think everyone here realises (or should realise) that this is unrealistic and probably damaging.

True Faith

The club has made a statement on the official site (see link).

The insinuation from this statement is clear. Kevin Keegan knew about the structure he would be working under when he took up post in January and his resignation is irrational - blah-blah-blah!

There are more holes in this statement than a collander and the evidence for that is found in the new London-based NUFC Magazine.

Here are a few quotes from Mike Ashley from his interview in that magazine;

“I love waiting for the team on match-days to see who Kevin has picked. I’m like every other fan (sic) in that I’ve got my favourite players but I wouldn’t dare to tell Kevin who to play – nobody would”

“Dennis’ job is to go out and look at young talent all around the world – his task is to help bring new players to our attention and to oversee the Academy and the staff there producing a new cycle of players some of whom we want to see come through into the first team a few years down the line”.

“How could Kevin devote all his time to the first team if he also had to look after The Academy? That’s where Dennis comes in.”

Mike Ashley, Newcastle United Magazine (September 08 Issue)

Do those quotations indicate in any way whatsoever that Kevin Keegan was not meant to be in control of all first team affairs?

Do those quotations indicate anything other than Wise's role was simply related to The Academy?

Where in those words or anywhere else in that interview does it suggest Wise will have the authority to recruit and sell players above KK's wishes?

In the same issue of this official publication there is an interview with Kevin Keegan and it is he who is talking about transfer targets, the strength of the squad and the challenges on the players for the new season. Not Tony Jimenez.

There is nothing in that magazine from Dennis Wise and any patter about the players he is seeking to recruit and sell over the head of Kevin Keegan.

Where in any official statement from Ashley or any of the pricks at the top of our club have they ever suggested Wise had seniority over KK?

If that was the case, why the big secret?

It is Ashley who calls KK "Manager" not Team Coach. Manager. His words.

Keeping things quiet suits Ashley, Llambias and Wise in my opinion.

While we're on that subject the absolute shite spread to certain members of the press from an anonymous, cowardly "club insider" attempting to discredit KK by suggesting he had given the board a list of names he wanted which included Lampard, Ronaldo etc is fooling no-one. Who are they kidding?

This latest club statement - released typically through its club website with no-one in any authority prepared to put their name or voice to it in person suggests to us that the rumours Ashley wishes to take KK to court for the early break in his contract may be true.

I didn't think this situation could get any worse but it is.

Did we trust Kevin Keegan? Yes.

Do we trust Ashley, Wise, Llambias? Will we ever trust them?

Answers on a post-card.

Keep On, Keepin' On ...

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

how do people think this statement might impact upon our search for a manager or the new manager's ability to work successfully at our club?

the club are saying whoever takes the manager's role, or should I say, first team coach's role, is not allowed to talk to the press on the matter of transfers. i think everyone here realises (or should realise) that this is unrealistic and probably damaging.

I think you're making something out of nothing, something you've been doing plenty of over the past few days.

Guest black n white

The best thing the club can do is get someone else in as that will go along way to putting this mistake behind us.

Now that I do agree with. We can do without more of this utter farce - the club still carries on and we need to starting salvaging whatever's possible of this season ASAP.

some people will NEVER forget and i am one

I'm not saying forget about it. I'm saying there is a game a week today.

and you would be behind the board appointing another manager, terry mac will be in charge

Eh?

What's to say what you quoted isn't correct? And I bolded the wrong part, but still brings up a point...you could argue that players such as Gutierrez, Xisco, Bassong & Gonzalez were players we weren't aware of...and he "brought to our attention".

Guest elbee909

The best thing the club can do is get someone else in as that will go along way to putting this mistake behind us.

Now that I do agree with. We can do without more of this utter farce - the club still carries on and we need to starting salvaging whatever's possible of this season ASAP.

and you would be behind the board appointing another manager, terry mac will be in charge

Apparently not - it'll be Richard Money.  He's too tight to mention, which'll go down well with the board anyway.

Apparently not - it'll be Richard Money.  He's too tight to mention, which'll go down well with the board anyway.

:lol: Cheered me up for a nanosecond, that did.

I think you're making something out of nothing, something you've been doing plenty of over the past few days.

once again you're coming out with little snipes because you know you can't construct a rational reply. chin up Baggio, you can't be right all the time.

Eh?

What's to say what you quoted isn't correct? And I bolded the wrong part, but still brings up a point...you could argue that players such as Gutierrez, Xisco, Bassong & Gonzalez were players we weren't aware of...and he "brought to our attention".

If it's not correct, he's lied to the supporters who've paid over a grand to watch a team put together by Kevin Keegan over the next three years.

And yes, Wise probably has. No-one has suggested he wasn't doing his job in that sense (though he hasn't done anywhere near the job he should have imo). Having said that though, we've got a scout (Fucillo I think his name is) who is Spanish and has previously been based over there, as well as Jimenez, I'd wager they had more of an impact. Can we not have them without that little shit ordering the manager round?

What's the fuss about? Keegan himself acknowledged at the time of Wise's appointment that he had agreed to a DOF structure at the time when he joined. This isn't news.

As with Owen and the story about them asking him to take a pay cut, they are simply correcting a false impression that's developed in the media.

This whole dispute is all about how much money the Board was prepared to spend on players. That's why Keegan walked out the first time. That's why he got into a dispute at Man City. That's why he's walked out this time.

Yet KK has never been about big money, KK likes to take a gamble and buy unknowns just as much as he likes to sign big stars. Most those he signed for Newcastle were journeymen, unknowns and gambles. Shearer was a superstar, Sir Les was the finished article, the rest were mainly a mixed bunch. Same at City.

I genuinly believe the sale of Milner has played a bigger part in this than transfer budget, players coming in and this DOF thing.

And I'll tell you why.

KK says publicly Milner is not for sale, that the chairman doesn't even want that (he must have heard this from somewhere given how cagey he has been all summer about talking for others), he raves about him and then he gets sold from underneath him, how must that make him feel? Like a complete cunt. It undermines him in the eyes of the media, the press, his bosses, his players and the fans. I believe KK was reassured Milner would not be sold and when he did get sold, that's when he started to kick-off, that's when he started to question other things and other areas of the club.

And please people, don't say because we got 12m and Milner wasn't that good that KK is wrong on Milner, his trust and confidence was taking for granted. He stuck up for the player in public and made big noises about him. Selling him says to the team that their boss, their manager, isn't really in control and that to a manager is very bad and can cause huge problems. KK will ahve experienced dressing rooms that have gotten wind of a manager becoming less and less in control and will know fully what that usually brings about, anarchy.

Sir Bobby experienced the same, Woodgate sold behind his back, players being sought after without him even knowing, remember his comments on Rooney? He didn't even know we made a bid. I imagine KK didn't know we'd accepted a bid for Milner until it was done and dusted.

I do admire and respect your passion, but you're taking it too far here. Keegan did spend big first time around.

Milner's a particular case. He asked for a pay rise one year into his contract, and got a knock back. He then put in a written transfer request. We get an offer of £12 million. It'd be silly not to sell.

What's a bit disturbing is that, in all probability, Keegan put that statement out about Milner definitely not going at a time when he knew that Milner wanted to go. The Board then retaliated in the PR battle by saying that Milner had put in a transfer request. That's no way to carry on, and I think that's why the Board have said now that Keegan had previously agreed not to comment on transfer issues.

Guest black n white

Keegan might not be able to state his side of the story but I'm sure I heard Bevan of the LMA having his say a couple of days ago. Something about conductors of orchestras. Where did he get that from?

bevan was in on these talks apparently him keegan vs lameass wise veterre and another

Was he representing Keegan?

yip and he will by the lma in the tribunal which will probably never happen, settle out of court then the confidential s*** kicks in

I didn't realise he was actually involved in the meetings. I thought he was just giving his opinion.  :thup:

nope he was there

thats why he went on ssn and came out with statements like

"four conductors etc, everybody on the bus but everybody in different seats"   libel i'm sure

Eh?

If it's not correct, he's lied to the supporters who've paid over a grand to watch a team put together by Kevin Keegan over the next three years.

And yes, Wise probably has. No-one has suggested he wasn't doing his job in that sense (though he hasn't done anywhere near the job he should have imo). Having said that though, we've got a scout (Fucillo I think his name is) who is Spanish and has previously been based over there, as well as Jimenez, I'd wager they had more of an impact. Can we not have them without that little shit ordering the manager round?

no reason why we can't have vetere and fucillo continue as traditional scouts. they'll still turn up good players but we won't have the 'strange' set-up of the manager being systematically undermined.