KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest afternoonfix

Fuming Newcastle stars plot to quit club over Kevin Keegan’s departure

By Brian McNally 6/09/2008

A transfer mutiny by angry Newcastle stars could prove the final straw for beleaguered billionaire owner Mike Ashley.

Toon players are ready to bombard the club with a mass transfer request in protest at Kevin Keegan’s departure.

Some hard-liners in the devastated Magpies dressing room even contemplated strike action for Saturday’s match with Hull City.

The immediate feeling among some Toon stars was to never play for the club again.

A Toon insider revealed: “The mood in the dressing room was ugly. Some of the players felt totally betrayed and talked about refusing to play.

“Just about everyone – apart from the new lads who had signed in the summer – was furious with the way Kevin had been treated and the fact the entire squad had been put up for sale.

“Calmer influences prevailed and the feeling now is they will hit the club with transfer requests in January. They are disgusted with the way the club is being run and don’t want any part of it.”

Ashley will have to decide whether to cut and run as hostility towards him reaches fever pitch.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/06/fuming-newcastle-stars-plot-to-quit-club-over-kevin-keegan-s-departure-115875-20726401/

Guest black n white

no way can ashley stay now

You don't know what you're talking about.

show me your vision of the future or what you think?

He can stay but he will never get the fans on his side.

do you predict attendances to drop or will it be a full house every week

what about protests

what about people who have had enough and boycott everything

the statement they have just released will be there downfall in my opinion

the main point in all of this is what was written in his contract under

" i will report to the director "

if keegan came out and directly spoke about this it would hinder his case for constuctive dismissal

Guest Howaythetoon

At least we now know Ashley's intentions

Do you?

Well if this is a jigsaw puzzle, certain pieces are starting to now fit.

Fuming Newcastle stars plot to quit club over Kevin Keegans departure

A transfer mutiny by angry Newcastle stars could prove the final straw for beleaguered billionaire owner Mike Ashley.

Toon players are ready to bombard the club with a mass transfer request in protest at Kevin Keegans departure.

Some hard-liners in the devastated Magpies dressing room even contemplated strike action for Saturdays match with Hull City.

The immediate feeling among some Toon stars was to never play for the club again.

A Toon insider revealed: The mood in the dressing room was ugly. Some of the players felt totally betrayed and talked about refusing to play.

Just about everyone apart from the new lads who had signed in the summer was furious with the way Kevin had been treated and the fact the entire squad had been put up for sale.

Calmer influences prevailed and the feeling now is they will hit the club with transfer requests in January. They are disgusted with the way the club is being run and dont want any part of it.

Ashley will have to decide whether to cut and run as hostility towards him reaches fever pitch.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/06/fuming-newcastle-stars-plot-to-quit-club-over-kevin-keegan-s-departure-115875-20726401/

Wow, I didn't think a newspaper could get any further into shit :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Fuming Newcastle stars plot to quit club over Kevin Keegan’s departure

Toon players are ready to bombard the club with a mass transfer request in protest at Kevin Keegan’s departure.

Some hard-liners in the devastated Magpies dressing room even contemplated strike action for Saturday’s match with Hull City.

A Toon insider revealed: “The mood in the dressing room was ugly. Some of the players felt totally betrayed and talked about refusing to play.

“Just about everyone – apart from the new lads who had signed in the summer – was furious with the way Kevin had been treated and the fact the entire squad had been put up for sale.

“Calmer influences prevailed and the feeling now is they will hit the club with transfer requests in January. They are disgusted with the way the club is being run and don’t want any part of it.”

Cynic time. Part of me feels the players know what is coming - massive fan backwash, and are taking sides now to be kept out of it. I doubt they care that much although I'll be heartened if they do indeed feel that strongly.

Aww, what a mess eh :(

Someone on Toontastic says that according to Skunkers, the Times article appeared 11 minutes before the club statement did. Bad-mouthing KK?

What bollocks, you can even see the times the articles were released on newsnow.

Still, anything to make out poor king Kev is the victim.

Question: Do you think their statement contradicts earlier claims by the club?

They've said keegan didn't have a say on transfers but were clearly prepared to let him have his say.

Can't see the problem with that.

I think you will find you have that completely the wrong way around..

you have to ask why the club are putting this statement out. it doesnt make much sense.

the tone and blaming aspect of this seems like it is not meant for the fans as it will just enflame them.

if it was meant for the fans the person responsible must be both quite vindictive and very stupid, which to me points to wise or llambias, neither of whom are in their roles because of their intellectual acuity.

mind you, it mirrors the statement they put out about Owen ie. one that isn't aimed at doing anything pragmatic, but one that shifts the blame and pressure elsewhere.

it seems rather than take a practical approach, some people remaining at the club just want to be right and in power, and will go to any lengths in pursuit of this, regardless of how vindictive they get, regardless of who has to leave the club, even at the expense of fucking the club and the fans over.

classic case of absolute power corrupting absolutely.

What a fucking horrible mess. :( Just want it all to be over. I've always commended the system generally, and it'll probably work with a 'yes man'. Keegan isn't one of those.

They shouldn't have appointed him and he shouldn't have taken it. They're all as bad as each other.

Keegan was just enticed by the opportunity of going back to the club he loves; probably for a large wage don't forget, more than what he'd have been on at the Soccer Circus. He probably reluctantly agreed through gritted teeth, then gradually realised he couldn't live with it.

Such a fucking minging situation. I've been at the lowest of the low in the last couple of days; wish we could now just move on.

Guest black n white

no way can ashley stay now

You don't know what you're talking about.

show me your vision of the future or what you think?

He can stay but he will never get the fans on his side.

You don't know what will happen. He could appoint a new manager who goes on to win a cup or the league in a few years. He could also be the owner of the club the year we get relegated. No-one knows. This isn't the end of NUFC and it doesn't have to be the end of Mike Ashley.

all that is true and i never said it was the end of nufc

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They've got another thing coming when Keegan will air his side of the story, especially if it strategically timed at a couple of hours before next Saturday's match.. Doubt if Keegan will stoop to the same levels as this bunch though..

Sorry, but if you think Keegan hasn't been having his say for months, then you're seriously deluded!!

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

Who'd have thought naive old KK would have totally gotten the better of cynical hard-nosed businessman Mike Ashley in the manipulation stakes, f***ing hell man he's had us all fooled, the blokes a PR genius!! A media manipulator par excellence.

I have no idea what you're trying to imply here

That doesn't surprise me.

I'm not implying anything I'm saying that Keegan, or someone on his behalf or with his interests at heart, has been talking to the media for months planting stories showing things from his point of view. That's not an implication its a direct accusation. I was one of the people who had been saying it was bollocks and the press were just making things up and shit-stirring because they didn't know what was going on, but seeing as it's now obvious that they knew exactly what was going on - or at least one side of it anyway - I've had to reassess my view, I was wrong.

People have been talking about Keegan having signed a confidentiality agreement, but I'd expect that's a totally pointless exercise as his view will undoubtedly turn up in the papers anyhow.

What a f***ing horrible mess. :( Just want it all to be over. I've always commended the system generally, and it'll probably work with a 'yes man'. Keegan isn't one of those.

They shouldn't have appointed him and he shouldn't have taken it. They're all as bad as each other.

Keegan was just enticed by the opportunity of going back to the club he loves; probably for a large wage don't forget, more than what he'd have been on at the Soccer Circus. He probably reluctantly agreed through gritted teeth, then gradually realised he couldn't live with it.

Such a f***ing minging situation. I've been at the lowest of the low in the last couple of days; wish we could now just move on.

Yep, all seem as bad as each other to me.

Hopefully a new owner, new manager...

Guest optimistic nit

you have to ask why the club are putting this statement out. it doesnt make much sense.

the tone and blaming aspect of this seems like it is not meant for the fans as it will just enflame them.

if it was meant for the fans the person responsible must be both quite vindictive and very stupid, which to me points to wise or llambias, neither of whom are in their roles because of their intellectual acuity.

mind you, it mirrors the statement they put out about Owen ie. one that isn't aimed at doing anything pragmatic, but one that shifts the blame and pressure elsewhere.

it seems rather than take a practical approach, some people remaining at the club just want to be right and in power, and will go to any lengths in pursuit of this, regardless of how vindictive they get, regardless of who has to leave the club, even at the expense of fucking the club and the fans over.

classic case of absolute power corrupting absolutely.

that statement angers me, and i've not been protesting outside SJP. whoever thought that was a good idea was fucking clueless.

What a f***ing horrible mess. :( Just want it all to be over. I've always commended the system generally, and it'll probably work with a 'yes man'. Keegan isn't one of those.

Such a f***ing minging situation. I've been at the lowest of the low in the last couple of days; wish we could now just move on.

Yep, all seem as bad as each other to me.

Hopefully a new owner, new manager...

If our (their/the board's) reputation hadn't been so horrifically damaged, i still think the system could work with a new manager. Maybe it's best to clear the whole lot out? Who the fuck knows.

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They've got another thing coming when Keegan will air his side of the story, especially if it strategically timed at a couple of hours before next Saturday's match.. Doubt if Keegan will stoop to the same levels as this bunch though..

Sorry, but if you think Keegan hasn't been having his say for months, then you're seriously deluded!!

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

Who'd have thought naive old KK would have totally gotten the better of cynical hard-nosed businessman Mike Ashley in the manipulation stakes, f***ing hell man he's had us all fooled, the blokes a PR genius!! A media manipulator par excellence.

I have no idea what you're trying to imply here

That doesn't surprise me.

I'm not implying anything I'm saying that Keegan, or someone on his behalf or with his interests at heart, has been talking to the media for months planting stories showing things from his point of view. That's not an implication its a direct accusation. I was one of the people who had been saying it was bollocks and the press were just making things up and s***-stirring because they didn't know what was going on, but seeing as it's now obvious that they knew exactly what was going on - or at least one side of it anyway - I've had to reassess my view, I was wrong.

People have been talking about Keegan having signed a confidentiality agreement, but I'd expect that's a totally pointless exercise as his view will undoubtedly turn up in the papers anyhow.

Confidentiality agreements are signed upon settlement of cases not when they start; Keegan is no longer an employee of the club and there would have to be some pretty tight writing of his contract (not apparent in the content of the club statment) to keep him quiet. Of course, his being required to silence is, in any case, compromised by the tone and content of the club statement tonight. Let battle commence.