KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

My take

KK offered his resignation last night which the board formally accepted with the finer details to be sorted out the following morning (today) due to the club's attempts to sell several players behind KK's back which as we all know he will not stand for. KK told a few of his staff and one or two players he'd be leaving which is where the leak come from. The club were never going to sack him and KK knew that so wanted to make it easy for them and indeed himself as he will never stand by happy to pick up a wage while things he's clearly against or unhappy with go on around him. This was all set to be done today, but several players have kicked off and due to the inevitable backlash from fans and the leak the club have been thrown by this and went into panic mode and have been trying to resolve it all day with KK who still wants to resign unless the board remove the obstacles he feels is stopping him doing his job (we can all take a stab at who and what these obstacles are). The club refuse to do so, but they are also refusing to sack him and accept his resignation in full so its a stalemate for now with KK on 'gardening leave' as of now. Hence no confirmation or denials thus far.

Howay Newcastle, don't f*** this up man  :weep:

As one of the vanguard who stuck by Keegan when the s*** was flying last season, nothing depresses me more than the thought he's gone. Unfortunately for all his virtues, KK is a man who wants his own way even when he is wrong sometimes. Wise and Co have done very well in the transfer market and they should be trusted to get on with it, and KK should stick to doing what he does best, coaching, motivating and leading his players. When you start questioning the guy who is bank-rolling the club or demanding certain players are kept you are stepping on serious toes. It would be great if all this could be smoothed over but with it becoming public, I don't think there's any chance.

We all know how highly strung he is and how high maintenance he is too. He's stubborn, cantankerous and is emotionally up and down, that's the price you pay with KK though, he's worth the hassle. You do not sell players behind a manager's back though or try to, or make promises and break them, not with KK not with anyone, regardless of the setup. This if anything is the core issue I feel.

Guest mackas86

dunno why but i've got a feeling there is more to come, and dont actually belive he has been sacked (i may just be blindly optimistic) but the longer they leave it to make an announcement the more i belive that they are trying to reconcile things

dunno why but i've got a feeling there is more to come, and dont actually belive he has been sacked (i may just be blindly optimistic) but the longer they leave it to make an announcement the more i belive that they are trying to reconcile things

Or they're trying to line up a replacement before they announce.

Guest Anth.Nufc

It is a joke this the longer it goes on without a word from the club.  Just when we think the club is moving in the right direction then this.

Guest dark_stranger

Its not even 6 o'clock yet & already 9 txt's from mates saying "Laughing Stock", and yet again their txt's are valid.  Why is it that every season we are in the press for one bad reason or another.  Maybe its time to step back & let the circus roll on without me.

My take

KK offered his resignation last night which the board formally accepted with the finer details to be sorted out the following morning (today) due to the club's attempts to sell several players behind KK's back which as we all know he will not stand for. KK told a few of his staff and one or two players he'd be leaving which is where the leak come from. The club were never going to sack him and KK knew that so wanted to make it easy for them and indeed himself as he will never stand by happy to pick up a wage while things he's clearly against or unhappy with go on around him. This was all set to be done today, but several players have kicked off and due to the inevitable backlash from fans and the leak the club have been thrown by this and went into panic mode and have been trying to resolve it all day with KK who still wants to resign unless the board remove the obstacles he feels is stopping him doing his job (we can all take a stab at who and what these obstacles are). The club refuse to do so, but they are also refusing to sack him and accept his resignation in full so its a stalemate for now with KK on 'gardening leave' as of now. Hence no confirmation or denials thus far.

Howay Newcastle, don't f*** this up man  :weep:

As one of the vanguard who stuck by Keegan when the s*** was flying last season, nothing depresses me more than the thought he's gone. Unfortunately for all his virtues, KK is a man who wants his own way even when he is wrong sometimes. Wise and Co have done very well in the transfer market and they should be trusted to get on with it, and KK should stick to doing what he does best, coaching, motivating and leading his players. When you start questioning the guy who is bank-rolling the club or demanding certain players are kept you are stepping on serious toes. It would be great if all this could be smoothed over but with it becoming public, I don't think there's any chance.

We all know how highly strung he is and how high maintenance he is too. He's stubborn, cantankerous and is emotionally up and down, that's the price you pay with KK though, he's worth the hassle. You do not sell players behind a manager's back though or try to, or make promises and break them, not with KK not with anyone, regardless of the setup. This if anything is the core issue I feel.

Yes we had a good transfer window

Guest hikickry

and who the hell is this source,

maureen who cleans the stairs, just so happened to hear raised voices and decided to ring ssn

in all honesty though, whoever did leak this will probs loose their job, hopefully. This circus act wouldnt have existed.

Guest smarty2006

I reckon it has to do with Barton! There could of been movement to get rid of and Kevin stood by him? "...If he goes I go!"

Guest BigTrev

I reckon it has to do with Barton! There could of been movement to get rid of and Kevin stood by him? "...If he goes I go!"

so if this is the case barton will be sacked aswell then

Guest LucaAltieri

Well the club haven't sold him. If they're going to sack him then they've picked a retarded time to do so. I think that theory is nowhere near the truth.