Newcastle Finances £12 million Loss

Guest The Fox

Guest Gemmill

:lol:

Just stop, T27.

OK. Can I make it clear that I do Economics, not Financial accounting, and therefore there is no actual reason for me to know this stuff.

I did Economics too, and I can't swear to it, but I'm sure I wouldn't have expected an employer to be currently liable for all future earnings of its employees.  If that's the case, can I show all of my future profits from now til the end of time as an enormous asset? bluebigrazz.gif

Just stop, T27.

OK. Can I make it clear that I do Economics, not Financial accounting, and therefore there is no actual reason for me to know this stuff.

I did Economics too, and I can't swear to it, but I'm sure I wouldn't have expected an employer to be currently liable for all future earnings of its employees.  If that's the case, can I show all of my future profits from now til the end of time as an enormous asset? bluebigrazz.gif

The difference I've perceived though, is that you can be sacked, made redundant etc with 4 weeks notice. The contracts players sign are a lot different, as they are for a fixed duration of time, and therefore, a club has to pay out the contract if they want to release the player.

Not that you do any accounting at work (despite being an accountant) so you wouldn't know :wink:

Just stop, T27.

The difference I've perceived though, is that you can be sacked, made redundant etc with 4 weeks notice. The contracts players sign are a lot different, as they are for a fixed duration of time, and therefore, a club has to pay out the contract if they want to release the player.

Not that you do any accounting at work (despite being an accountant) so you wouldn't know.

Oh deary me  head_hurts_kr.gif

Guest Gemmill

Just stop, T27.

Not that you do any accounting at work (despite being an accountant) so you wouldn't know.

I really don't think you're in any position to be questioning my knowledge on this, having already demonstrated that yours is beyond non-existent.

Can't Economic students even use Google?

I'll probably get linked to an American website, and you know what Americans are like when it comes to accounts, balance sheets etc.

Newcastle's accounts are prepared under IFRS - whcih are closer to traditional US GAAP than UK.

Which words do you expect T27 to get - IFRS, GAAP or UK?

Just stop, T27.

Following that through then, a normal business would have to show a liability for 4 weeks (or whatever the notice period is) wages for its staff.

They don't, similarly if you ar eon a six month contract the business doesn't show the 6 months wages

I'll probably get linked to an American website, and you know what Americans are like when it comes to accounts, balance sheets etc.

Newcastle's accounts are prepared under IFRS - whcih are closer to traditional US GAAP than UK.

What does T27 stand for?

What does T27 stand for?

Ah, I feel you're back on firmer ground now  bluebiggrin.gif

Certainly not whcih!

Just stop, T27.

Following that through then, a normal business would have to show a liability for 4 weeks (or whatever the notice period is) wages for its staff.

They don't, similarly if you ar eon a six month contract the business doesn't show the 6 months wages

oh deary deary me blueno.gif

Guest Gemmill

I seriously would like to read an article on T27's analysis of the accounts though.  I think it could be..............enlightening.

Guest thompers

Which contestent will be the first to submit after enduring an UNBEARABLE borefest?!?!

T27 is already showing cracks. The Gemmabore has him on the ropes!

I seriously would like to read an article on T27's analysis of the accounts though.  I think it could be..............enlightening.

The frightening thought is T27 working as an economist without even the slightest clue of what an accrual is.  Please God he doesn't join the Treasury, taxes are high enough as it is.

Which contestent will be the first to submit after enduring an UNBEARABLE borefest?!?!

Its just the undercard for the heavyweight MacBeth vs NE5 battle to the death later

:lol: As one sided as a Frank Warren fight  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Gemmill

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is rolling straight up thompers' sloped forehead and disappearing over his head.  bluebigrazz.gif

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is rolling straight up thompers' sloped forehead and disappearing over his head.  bluebigrazz.gif

mackems.gif