Newcastle Finances £12 million Loss

Guest The Fox

Well aye, huge mistake, as has been said many times.

A mistake we're still paying the price for, agreed?

The club may pay the ultimate price at the rate it's going. I think it'll take a few years to recover from the Souness debacle.

You mean bankruptcy?

Do you blame anyone in particular for this mistake?

No, I mean relegation.

Fairly sure that relegation and the subsequent drop in income would quickly lead to bankruptcy though...

Anyway, do you blame anyone in particular for the mistake?

Ahem...[/clearsthroat]

Yes, I blame Souness for taking a team from 5th position, spending £50m and making it worse. I blame the Board for appointing a bad manager, something I hope they have corrected with Roeder but only time will tell on that one. You should take something for that throat.

Guest thompers

if you don't see the relevance, then you obviously weren;t supporting the club at that time, or you would.

Oh dear, is that the best you can do?  Give your head a shake for your own sake.  You're backing the bloke who had just posted a record loss, gates are falling and we're in the bottom of the table fighting for our place in the division.

I didn't support the old directors so I've a clear conscience on that one, I just don't think the bloke you worship is any better and he seems to go out of his way to prove that he's no better.

You claimed Ellis was shite but Shepherd wasn't, even though Ellis has finished above Freddy more than the other way round.  We've just posted massive losses and you are still supporting him, you really are a comedy genius, even if you're not aware just how stupid you are looking.

Ellis took Villa "massively backwards" from European Champions during 26 years [TWENTY SIX]. I think even you would admit that is long enough to prove he was incapable of keeping them in the position that is their right or maintain their former glories. Or maybe now. He also didn't back his managers, which a long term supporter - cough cough - of Newcastle United should be aware of the importance of. It may be that this board has taken the club as far forward as they can, but it doesn't mean the replacements will be better. As in thinking replacing Keegan would lead to automatic improvement, and replacing Robson, you should be aware it isn't so easy as that. Long term supporters - cough cough - should be more aware than this, having saw for themselves that Newcastle United are not immune from treading the depths of the old 2nd division and selling their best players. Do you still view this as a "golden era" etc, challenging for promotion with a few has beens then selling our best players when we get up being the height of ambition?

There are a few people looking stupid on here...in my view they are those who think that a fairy is waiting in the wings to guarantee moving NUFC onto trophies that are theirs by divine right, and will have the good of the club at heart despite being shown this is far from certain, and be automatically better than the current board, yet are unable to name who this person is.

Shut up ffs. Nobody has bollocks made of crystal so can't predict the outcome of ANY new chairman, but being scared of change is the same as accepting mediocrity. The FACT is that we ARE moving backwards under Shepherd, and the MAJORITY of fans would rather have somebody else managing our resources than Shepherd. Yes, a change could turn out a complete disaster, AS COULD ANY APPOINTMENT AT ANY LEVEL IN FOOTBALL! However, if you look at Shepherd's abysmal money-wasting record, it would be difficult for any new chairman to do worse than the Shepster

if you don't see the relevance, then you obviously weren;t supporting the club at that time, or you would.

Oh dear, is that the best you can do?  Give your head a shake for your own sake.  You're backing the bloke who had just posted a record loss, gates are falling and we're in the bottom of the table fighting for our place in the division.

I didn't support the old directors so I've a clear conscience on that one, I just don't think the bloke you worship is any better and he seems to go out of his way to prove that he's no better.

You claimed Ellis was shite but Shepherd wasn't, even though Ellis has finished above Freddy more than the other way round.  We've just posted massive losses and you are still supporting him, you really are a comedy genius, even if you're not aware just how stupid you are looking.

Ellis took Villa "massively backwards" from European Champions during 26 years [TWENTY SIX]. I think even you would admit that is long enough to prove he was incapable of keeping them in the position that is their right or maintain their former glories. Or maybe now. He also didn't back his managers, which a long term supporter - cough cough - of Newcastle United should be aware of the importance of. It may be that this board has taken the club as far forward as they can, but it doesn't mean the replacements will be better. As in thinking replacing Keegan would lead to automatic improvement, and replacing Robson, you should be aware it isn't so easy as that. Long term supporters - cough cough - should be more aware than this, having saw for themselves that Newcastle United are not immune from treading the depths of the old 2nd division and selling their best players. Do you still view this as a "golden era" etc, challenging for promotion with a few has beens then selling our best players when we get up being the height of ambition?

There are a few people looking stupid on here...in my view they are those who think that a fairy is waiting in the wings to guarantee moving NUFC onto trophies that are theirs by divine right, and will have the good of the club at heart despite being shown this is far from certain, and be automatically better than the current board, yet are unable to name who this person is.

Shut up ffs. Nobody has bollocks made of crystal so can't predict the outcome of ANY new chairman, but being scared of change is the same as accepting mediocrity. The FACT is that we ARE moving backwards under Shepherd, and the MAJORITY of fans would rather have somebody else managing our resources than Shepherd. Yes, a change could turn out a complete disaster, AS COULD ANY APPOINTMENT AT ANY LEVEL IN FOOTBALL! However, if you look at Shepherd's abysmal money-wasting record, it would be difficult for any new chairman to do worse than the Shepster

nobody can predict the outcome of ANY manager either. Glad you acknowledge that. Maybe Fox [and others] will and tell us how he thought appointing Dalglish was a failure, unless he has a crystal ball and saw something in his outstanding track record that nobody else did.

And - shut up and listen  :lol:

The chairman doesn't choose who his manager spends money on -- geddit  :roll:

nobody can predict the outcome of ANY manager either. Glad you acknowledge that. Maybe Fox [and others] will and tell us how he thought appointing Dalglish was a failure, unless he has a crystal ball and saw something in his outstanding track record that nobody else did.

You reckon?  :lol:

Well just think, if he did, why would he appoint a manager and pay himself instead ...    :cool:

Well just think, if he did, why would he appoint a manager and pay himself instead ...    :cool:

Someone to talk the blame when it goes tits up.

emot-yawn.gif gay.gif

emot-yawn.gif gay.gif

You really are quite pathetic arent you?  :lol:

Guest Wayne D

Do y'all have to quote some many posts in your replies? Why not just quote the one you wish to respond to, not drag along the rest of the previous ones.  bluedead.gif

You do know that Villa won the European Cup in a season in which they finished well down the league and Saunders had resigned because they were 19th in the league, don't you?

You do know Villa were £2 million in debt when Ellis took over, didn't you?  Maybe that was one reason why he didn't back his manager, maybe he couldn't, and maybe he wasn't going to risk pawning the club, something that Shepherd appears to have done.

You do know this, you must know that they were showing signs of being on the slide before Ellis took over the club, don't you?

If you do know this then you are just using snippets to try and back you up but that's not a surprise, you do it all of the time.  If you didn't know this then maybe you should look at the bigger picture before using snippets to back the bloke who puts a twinkle in your eye.

As for this board taking us as far as they can, don't bet on it.  They've taken us backwards from 2nd in the league and financially stable to where we are now, 16th in the league and in massive debt, they can take us even further because they are so incompetent but don’t let that get in the way of your fantasy world in which everything Freddy does is for the benefit of the club and not himself.

This “Golden era” you keep harping on about is something that’s only a reality in your mind, it’s the way you term it, nobody else does, we’re actually closer to that now than we have been since those days and we’ve only got Shepherd to thank.

Finally, post some links to where people have said we’ve a divine right to trophies; I’ll not hold my breath, Freddy.

Do you still think Shepherd is good at managing the clubs finances?

Shepherd Out.

You do know that Villa won the European Cup in a season in which they finished well down the league and Saunders had resigned because they were 19th in the league, don't you?

You do know Villa were £2 million in debt when Ellis took over, didn't you?  Maybe that was one reason why he didn't back his manager, maybe he couldn't, and maybe he wasn't going to risk pawning the club, something that Shepherd appears to have done.

You do know this, you must know that they were showing signs of being on the slide before Ellis took over the club, don't you?

If you do know this then you are just using snippets to try and back you up but that's not a surprise, you do it all of the time.  If you didn't know this then maybe you should look at the bigger picture before using snippets to back the bloke who puts a twinkle in your eye.

As for this board taking us as far as they can, don't bet on it.  They've taken us backwards from 2nd in the league and financially stable to where we are now, 16th in the league and in massive debt, they can take us even further because they are so incompetent but don’t let that get in the way of your fantasy world in which everything Freddy does is for the benefit of the club and not himself.

This “Golden era” you keep harping on about is something that’s only a reality in your mind, it’s the way you term it, nobody else does, we’re actually closer to that now than we have been since those days and we’ve only got Shepherd to thank.

Finally, post some links to where people have said we’ve a divine right to trophies; I’ll not hold my breath, Freddy.

Do you still think Shepherd is good at managing the clubs finances?

Shepherd Out.

Well, if Villa won the European Cup and were 19th in the league, doesn't that mean that our board have funded our managers with quality players good enough to have won cups too ? So who do you blame for that not happening ? I'll give you a clue, when did a board score goals ....

The Golden era is the era when people get misty eyed at reaching the FA Cup Final and finishing 2 points above a relegation spot. Which was the height of ambition, all supporters from that time will confirm this to be true.

I am pleased you understand that if a club has a debt they cannot allow managers to spend millions in the transfer market, why therefore do you expect miracles from Roeder ie winning the league and getting results like Chelsea a matter of months in the job, screaming for him to be sacked, then ironically turn around and say the club lacks "a plan", or "stability".

And you say I use "snippets"...  :lol: what I use, is knowledge and understanding of the club gained from supporting the club through all these eras since 1964, and not disappearing when we had a shite board.

The use of "Freddy" is very childish, for one so mature as you.

Well aye, huge mistake, as has been said many times.

A mistake we're still paying the price for, agreed?

The club may pay the ultimate price at the rate it's going. I think it'll take a few years to recover from the Souness debacle.

You mean bankruptcy?

Do you blame anyone in particular for this mistake?

No, I mean relegation.

Fairly sure that relegation and the subsequent drop in income would quickly lead to bankruptcy though...

Anyway, do you blame anyone in particular for the mistake?

Ahem...[/clearsthroat]

Yes, I blame Souness for taking a team from 5th position, spending £50m and making it worse. I blame the Board for appointing a bad manager, something I hope they have corrected with Roeder but only time will tell on that one. You should take something for that throat.

So lets get this right, Shepherd appoints Souness, gives him £50m to spend, realises he's fucked up, sacks him to avoid relegation and you still want this twat to run the football club you care so much about? Do you trust him to get it right?

There has to be some accountability. No other business with the multi-million turnover we have would put up with such incompetence. In the real world, Shepherd would have been sacked for his poor judgement. It's not his fault money has been squandered by managers but HE appointed them and signed every cheque. He's got to walk.

Shepherd out.

emot-yawn.gif gay.gif

You really are quite pathetic arent you?  :lol:

emot-yawn.gif gay.gif

Its amusing to think that you are probably just a couple of years away from having to wear a man nappy but you still act younger than the teenagers of the board.

Good to see you oldies not letting life get to you.  :thup:

Guest The Fox

HTL has never said Freddie should consider his position. Thats a lie tbh.

He's just changing his mind as the realists are once again being proved correct by events, but dont hold it against him, his heart is in the right plkace, its his mind thats the problem. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)i.looking for

Well, if Villa won the European Cup and were 19th in the league, doesn't that mean that our board have funded our managers with quality players good enough to have won cups too ? So who do you blame for that not happening ? I'll give you a clue, when did a board score goals ....

The Golden era is the era when people get misty eyed at reaching the FA Cup Final and finishing 2 points above a relegation spot. Which was the height of ambition, all supporters from that time will confirm this to be true.

I am pleased you understand that if a club has a debt they cannot allow managers to spend millions in the transfer market, why therefore do you expect miracles from Roeder ie winning the league and getting results like Chelsea a matter of months in the job, screaming for him to be sacked, then ironically turn around and say the club lacks "a plan", or "stability".

And you say I use "snippets"...  :lol: what I use, is knowledge and understanding of the club gained from supporting the club through all these eras since 1964, and not disappearing when we had a shite board.

The use of "Freddy" is very childish, for one so mature as you.

I didn't say Villa were 19th in the league when they won the European Cup, I said they were 19th when Saunders left them during the season in which they did win it.  I'm trying to teach you that although they did win the European Cup they were not performing very well in the league, something which you use when measuring the success of a club.

If this is the measure of Villa when Ellis took over then he clearly hasn't taken them as far backwards as Shepherd has us, will the penny now drop?

If you accept this measurement as being how you compare clubs, is it fair to say that Ellis is better than Shepherd?  I can't see how you can deny this as you constantly use being top 5 for over a decade as being the be all and end all of your arguments, you also use league position under Gordon Lee as being a grest achievement, it's got to go both ways as Ellis beats Shepherd 5-4.

You claim you supported Newcastle starting in 1964, I can't beat that one because I was too young, well done for being older than me.

The club can't afford to overspend any more, we've already done that and we're really in the shit because of it, you blame the manager, I blame the man who signs the cheques and will continue to do so until you or anybody else can prove that Souness held a gun to his head and forced him to do it.  I've never at any time called for Roeder to be sacked and will not do so while Shepherd is chairman because I don't think he'll appoint anyone better, he's not capable of that.

I've said I don't think Roeder is good enough to manage us and our league position tells me that I'm right, again, as with Shepherd, I think you're wrong on this one.

Carry on defending the un-defendable, it's your choice, I don't mind if you look as if you're on the pay-roll, again, that's your choice.

HTL has never said Freddie should consider his position. Thats a lie tbh.

He's just changing his mind as the realists are once again being proved correct by events, but dont hold it against him, his heart is in the right plkace, its his mind thats the problem. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)i.looking for

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,21421.msg398634.html#msg398634

Ok, I think this more or less shows that my comment earlier wasn't a lie. What's more, the post above isn't the first time I'd said it.

Now please show me where the change of mind is, especially if you are able to read and understand the date on the post I just linked to. Take your time deciding how to handle your embarrassment, but here's a hint, an apology will show you to be someone of integrity, some kind of abuse will show you to be a wanker. Which is it to be?

the error of Souness was huge and has cost the club a massive amount. The replacement has to be correct and if not Fred should consider his position as Chairman.

If he decides the replacement was wrong and sacks Roeder and then appoints someone who, in your opinion is also not correct, does that mean he should "consider his position" or does that venture into 'Shepherd Out' territory in your opinion?

the error of Souness was huge and has cost the club a massive amount. The replacement has to be correct and if not Fred should consider his position as Chairman.

If he decides the replacement was wrong and sacks Roeder and then appoints someone who, in your opinion is also not correct, does that mean he should "consider his position" or does that venture into 'Shepherd Out' territory in your opinion?

Given that Souness's replacement is what we've got now, the logic of HTL's remark is that instead of sacking Roeder if our form doesn't drastically improve, he should sack himself. Or perhaps sack Roeder and then sack himself.

Looks like you have to be led by the nose........

There is a post just a few up from yours in which I posted a link..............that's a clue.