Newcastle Finances £12 million Loss

Guest The Fox

Guest thompers

Which contestent will be the first to submit after enduring an UNBEARABLE borefest?!?!

T27 is already showing cracks. The Gemmabore has him on the ropes!

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is rolling straight up thompers' sloped forehead and disappearing over his head.  bluebigrazz.gif

Thompers was an accountancy student but left when he realised that they have a reputation as being the most boring people, ever.

Guest Gemmill

Which contestent will be the first to submit after enduring an UNBEARABLE borefest?!?!

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is rolling straight up thompers' sloped forehead and disappearing over his head.  bluebigrazz.gif

Thompers was an accountancy student but left when he realised that they have a reputation as being the most boring people, ever.

I see you were there long enough to pick that trait up though.

Just had a quick read of the Chairman's statement. 

The chat on finances shouldn't be allowed to cloud a period of achievement, including holding a Bryan Adams concert, opening a museum and the club's chef getting second place in the North East chef of the year award. 

I feel very proud  bluebiggrin.gif

If that's genuine then that is comedy gold.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do however see something very bad, the wages to revenue ratio is getting worse we are now paying out 63% on wages, we used to run the club better than this.

Lies, Shepherd told us that the wage bill was reducing and was only high last year because of the money paid out to a sacked manager. bluebiggrin.gif

Shepherd has pawned the club because HE appointed a shocking manager and wanted to save face.  Those who are still defending him should be hung from the Tyne Bridge, the last defence they had for him, managing the finances, has just been shot out of the water.

Shepherd Out.

Guest thompers

Coming from a guy with a customised red robot as his picture...

Guest The Fox

What it comes down to is Shepherd appointing that bloke (Souness)as HTL calls him.

Ok the Chairman would be castigated even more if he did not back his Managers but £17.5 million for Boumsong/Luque should really have been questioned by the Board and turned down. I dont believe that they could not have acquired a central defender and Striker for half that money.

As for Owen if he regains fitness and form he'll be considered a good buy, if not that transaction will be deemed  a costly failure. At least he has quality which Boumsong and Luque have not shown here.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Can't Economic students even use Google?

I'll probably get linked to an American website, and you know what Americans are like when it comes to accounts, balance sheets etc.

Was it really necessary to bring Americans into this????  Tsk tsk tsk...  nono.gif

Keep us out of your geekfights if you don't mind......

bluebiggrin.gif

What it comes down to is Shepherd appointing that bloke (Souness)as HTL calls him.

Ok the Chairman would be castigated even more if he did not back his Managers but £17.5 million for Boumsong/Luque should really have been questioned by the Board and turned down. I dont believe that they could not have acquired a central defender and Striker for half that money.

As for Owen if he regains fitness and form he'll be considered a good buy, if not that transaction will be deemed  a costly failure. At least he has quality which Boumsong and Luque have not shown here.

Why? How many people at the time believed those wouldn't be good deals?

Guest The Fox

I didn't. Did not Boumsong go to Rangers on a free and apart from about three sides isn't the Scottish league one of the weakest.

As for Luque, I dont remember him being mentioned by anyone until we stepped in.

I was annoyed at the Bumsong deal, and still am, however, i had more hope for Luque, but an untimely injury, plus a team in crisis meant we never saw him settle properly. If luck had dealt a different hand, i think now we'd be sitting with a squad player, who wont be worth the money we paid, but somewhere above half.

I didn't. Did not Boumsong go to Rangers on a free and apart from about three sides isn't the Scottish league one of the weakest.

As for Luque, I dont remember him being mentioned by anyone until we stepped in.

To be fair though Boum went on a free due to being out of contract and turned down Liverpool. £8m was steep, but to say he was always going to be a flop is unfair. He did have the credentials when we bought him (but £4m would have been more realsitic).

As for Senor Albert he has been coveted by Barce and Real for years. His character appears to be wrong for the Premier League but based on his La Liga form £10m was about right again.

They just go down on that long list of failures at SJP

Coming from a guy with a customised red robot as his picture...

That's not just any robot, that's the Smash robot

I was annoyed at the Bumsong deal, and still am, however, i had more hope for Luque, but an untimely injury, plus a team in crisis meant we never saw him settle properly. If luck had dealt a different hand, i think now we'd be sitting with a squad player, who wont be worth the money we paid, but somewhere above half.

We paid an incredible amount of money for Boumsong.  I'd like to see how the total fee broke down between transfer fee to Rangers, signing on fee, agents fees etc.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was one of the transfers being scrutinised at the moment by the PL enquiry team

Guest Invicta_Toon

IIRC the general consensus was:

Boumsong: good player, but why £8m when he was on a free 12 months earlier?

Luque: apparently good player, not Premiership tested, seemingly a panic buy judging the price and speed of deal

hardly good deals tbh.

In as sick U-Turn it will be Macbeth who will reveal that he has become a fully paid up memeber of the Freddy Shepherd fan club.

I can see where you're coming from with that, it's another possibility.

Speaking as a layman, these results appear to be pretty dismal. Shepherd MUST carry the can for this. He chose Souness and backed him and it blew up in his face. Time for Shepherd to take responsibility and fall on his sword. He's running the club and it's his judgement and decisions which are reflected in these accounts. He does the hiring and firing and he holds the purse strings.

Shepherd out.