Dennis Wise

I am absolutely fed up of this nonsense....

A few threads down you guys can do nothing but praise Gutierrez and Coloccini. Guthie and Bassong look like great prospects also - who do you think bought these???? Keegan?? -  I think if he did he wouldn't have left.

Our scouts for the first time in my 30years of supporting the club have done a great job and we apparently made a profit on transfers this season. Sometimes i think everyone would have been happier if the same players cost 30 million more and we were losing money.

For the first time we are being run properly. Everyone moans about the waste of money luque, boumsong, etc cost but also moan when we don't spend enough. If Gutierrez cost 15mill would he do as our wow signing on performance so far - or would Viana etc have been better?

F**K wow signings we've had them for 10 years and not worked.

This boycott idea is rubbish too. I love my club through thick and thin and will be attending and shouting for my team against Hull

We need to rally round. Ashley knows hes unpopular and will be looking to sell. Why risk losing our best players as well. Xisco is one of the best prospects in Spain - if he doesnt get a rapturous reception then he'll leave as will Gutierrez and that will be the fans fault - they came for the support and will leave for them too.

Rant over

don't know about "properly" but i'm with you on the scouting. the error has been not to keep keegan in the loop (if indeed he was kept out).

pretty fucking good post by lktmpl to be honest

a few people here want to have a proper read of it, the maybe smoke a tab, take a 3 hour walk, have a massage then come back to the foruma and start all over again

A few threads down you guys can do nothing but praise Gutierrez and Coloccini. Guthie and Bassong look like great prospects also - who do you think bought these???? Keegan?? -  I think if he did he wouldn't have left.

Our scouts for the first time in my 30years of supporting the club have done a great job and we apparently made a profit on transfers this season. Sometimes i think everyone would have been happier if the same players cost 30 million more and we were losing money.

For the first time we are being run properly. Everyone moans about the waste of money luque, boumsong, etc cost but also moan when we don't spend enough. If Gutierrez cost 15mill would he do as our wow signing on performance so far - or would Viana etc have been better?

This boycott idea is rubbish too. I love my club through thick and thin and will be attending and shouting for my team against Hull

We need to rally round. Ashley knows hes unpopular and will be looking to sell. Why risk losing our best players as well. Xisco is one of the best prospects in Spain - if he doesnt get a rapturous reception then he'll leave as will Gutierrez and that will be the fans fault - they came for the support and will leave for them too.

Rant over

don't know about "properly" but i'm with you on the scouting. the error has been not to keep keegan in the loop (if indeed he was kept out).

How more 'properly' do we want we are debt free - wages are under control.

If it wasn't for the Chelsea's and Man City's we would now be the model for a well run club

If it was Deschamps walking out - who's side would everyone be on?

Rant over

If it wasn't for the Chelsea's and Man City's we would now be the model for a well ran club

you ain't from around here are you son?!

;)

Rant over

If it wasn't for the Chelsea's and Man City's we would now be the model for a well ran club

"properly " would have had the manager complicit int all.

Rant over

you ain't from around here are you son?!

;)

I am actually - live away now though

'the model for a well run club' ;D ;D ;D

What more would you like?

Apart from Keegan leaving? Your an example of a fan who wishes we were losing money.

Looking beneath the media spin - i cant really complain about our Summer nor our start to the season?

Ignoring the media - what more could we do?

Apart from Keegan leaving? Your an example of a fan who wishes we were losing money.

Looking beneath the media spin - i cant really complain about our Summer nor our start to the season?

I'm with you. This keegan wankfest is pathetic.

Agreed - the media eat it up. The more it look like we care the more negative the media make us look

We need to look to the future. Keegan was great I loved it when he came back but times move on.

The last 5 managers have lived under Keegan's shadow and it held us back. Unless we move on the next 5 will have the same problem.

'What more would you like?'

Dennis Wise ran out of town for starters......

Why? I dont believe he's involved with signings but even if he is - are you not happy with who we bought?

'we move on the next 5 will'

5 more managers to come and go to your well run club ;D

I'm not sure well run and succesful are the same thing.

Do you think the next manager will be succesfull?

Leeds were successful but badly ran - that lead to their downfall

We'd have been just as short on strikers if they'd managed to peddle owen, except we'd have had an unproven kid instead of the bloke that has been scoring every week for months.

but even though i think he is the most important player in our team. to want a pay rise after what he's given us doesn't smack as being right. aswell as possibly bringing in a transfer fee it also releases about 5.5mill in wages.

i am absolutly torn over wether i want him to re sign.

Agreed - the media eat it up. The more it look like we care the more negative the media make us look

We need to look to the future. Keegan was great I loved it when he came back but times move on.

The last 5 managers have lived under Keegan's shadow and it held us back. Unless we move on the next 5 will have the same problem.

i'm seriously, seriously worried about the hull game - i can just see the whole thing being whipped up by the media, the crowd shouting about dennis wise for no reason other than he's southern, ashley out, probably some arsehole throwing something at llamblias or whatever

it ain't gonna be pretty and we ain't gonna come out of it looking good

to anyone

'we move on the next 5 will'

5 more managers to come and go to your well run club ;D

I'm not sure well run and sucessful are the same thing.

Do you think the next manager will be sucessfull?

If he fits into the 'new structure' and is a decent coach, maybe.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Keegan was royally shafted and a lot of people believed in him.

We'd have been just as short on strikers if they'd managed to peddle owen, except we'd have had an unproven kid instead of the bloke that has been scoring every week for months.

Are you 100% sure we were trying to sell Owen?

Base your judgement on what you know not hearsay.

But if the club thought Owen wasn't going to sign a new contract then it makes sense to get rid of him now instead of risk losing him for nothing.

They also wanted to shift Smith and Barton, 2 sales the majority of fans were shouting for.

It looks like Wise was making the decisions with his head and Keegan making them with is heart.

but even though i think he is the most important player in our team. to want a pay rise after what he's given us doesn't smack as being right. aswell as possibly bringing in a transfer fee it also releases about 5.5mill in wages.

i am absolutly torn over wether i want him to re sign.

wouldn't worry about it in the slightest, he's gone

'I'm not sure well run and succesful are the same thing'

Bizzare.

why? - see my comment about Leeds - would you like that to happen about us?

Are you 100% sure we were trying to sell Owen?

Base your judgement on what you know not hearsay.

Oh come on, if it wasn't true the club would've denied any of that a long time ago.

"But if the club thought Owen wasn't going to sign a new contract"

You knew that? You must eb well connected.