Dennis Wise

Optimistic Nut

Just thought I'd say, think the stick he's got today has been pathetic and uncalled for. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but this has nothing to do with him. This looks between Ashley, KK, and Llambias to sort out, so let's back off Wise a bit.

Bollocks!

I hate the little cockney twat, and it shows a total lack of understanding of NUFC and football in general that Ashley appointed him in the first place.

You complain about the media in one thread and believe everything that is said about Wise in another. Amazing.

What are you going on about!? I didn't mention the media in that post. I don't need the tabloids to convince me that Wise is an odious little shite!

Dennis Wise, Director of Football at NUFC. Does that sound right? Think about it!

Aye, should get Beardsley, not only is he local but he's got plenty of experience of bullying young lads so he could pick on them until they sign.

I'd expect a Director of Football to have a comprehensive knowledge of European and World football, and a network of contacts around the world. I'm sure you'd agree that Dennis Wise did not, and never will, fit that bill.

But he's building up a team around him that do, that's the point.

The signings of Jonas and Gonzalaz show they've got contacts.

Its all Vetere

I totally agree with the OP, this witch hunt of Wise is crazy and there's no solid evidence to back it up.

I hope fans do not take their frustrations out on him at the next game

Do you honestly think people are going to rally round the current regime?

Dream on.

Some things are a step too far and seeing Dennis Wise as "the face" of Newcastle United is one of those things for me and a lot of other people.

I've been as cynical as anyone about Ashley's motives, but if they pull the rabbit out of the hat and get KK to stay, I'll be bloody delighted with them for doing so.

My point anyway was that why single out Wise in all this ? It's the whole recruitment team that f***ed up iyam. It's pretty clear that KK wasn't happy with the hand dealt to him but that wasn't the sole fault of Dennis Wise.

Undoubtedly theres a familiarity breeds contempt angle on picking on Wise and I have no problem condemning the whole setup - it mght work on the continent but I don't think it works in the UK, especially in Newcastle, and extra especially with KK as manager.

yet for all he had a title we don't actually know what he actually does so i can't see how we can say his role doesn't work. he just always seemed like a chief scout who done a bit negotiating while leaving most of the negotiating to jiminez.

Just thought I'd say, think the stick he's got today has been pathetic and uncalled for. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but this has nothing to do with him. This looks between Ashley, KK, and Llambias to sort out, so let's back off Wise a bit.

Bollocks!

I hate the little cockney twat, and it shows a total lack of understanding of NUFC and football in general that Ashley appointed him in the first place.

You complain about the media in one thread and believe everything that is said about Wise in another. Amazing.

What are you going on about!? I didn't mention the media in that post. I don't need the tabloids to convince me that Wise is an odious little shite!

Dennis Wise, Director of Football at NUFC. Does that sound right? Think about it!

Aye, should get Beardsley, not only is he local but he's got plenty of experience of bullying young lads so he could pick on them until they sign.

I'd expect a Director of Football to have a comprehensive knowledge of European and World football, and a network of contacts around the world. I'm sure you'd agree that Dennis Wise did not, and never will, fit that bill.

Its all Vetere

How would you know?

In my view a system where KK says "I want a hard working winger and a top class CB - go away and do your business" which is followed by the team bringing back a shortlist which included those two with a feel for plausability and availability for Kev to make the final choice sounds fine.

"Here's your new players Kev" (allegedly) does not - as .com say even if Xisco and Gonzales and the others are good players it doesn't make it right.

yet for all he had a title we don't actually know what he actually does so i can't see how we can say his role doesn't work. he just always seemed like a chief scout who done a bit negotiating while leaving most of the negotiating to jiminez.

I meant the whole setup including Wise, Vetere and Jiminez.

Bollocks!

Its all Vetere

How would you know?

Have you heard what people in football say about him? call him a walking encyclopedia with knowledge on every major player on the planet.

obviously I've not asked him personally like but call it an educated guess

The whole point in them not being chosen by Keegan is that when he leaves the whole structure is still in place, so we're not left in the position like we were under Roeder where we had nobody running the academy and one scout.

We had Kenny Wharton, Joe Joyce running the Academy, we would lose our Academy status if we had nee fucker running the gig. One full time scout, the club has always had stacks of part time bods all over the region & eyes in the uk. Maybe not as strong abroad though.

The idea & concept looks great but as we saw with Spurs last year Commoli signing players for positions Jol didnt want players for was bonkers. I do like Monchi at Seville as a DOF the fella works with with coach in making the signings.

As Wegner says the day Arsenal appoint DOF will be the day before he quits. Head strong & manager with big ego's are never going to work with DOF because they will back themselves to be the person with the best eye for good footballers

The whole point in them not being chosen by Keegan is that when he leaves the whole structure is still in place, so we're not left in the position like we were under Roeder where we had nobody running the academy and one scout.

We had Kenny Wharton, Joe Joyce running the Academy, we would lose our Academy status if we had nee fucker running the gig. One full time scout, the club has always had stacks of part time bods all over the region & eyes in the uk. Maybe not as strong abroad though.

The idea & concept looks great but as we saw with Spurs last year Commoli signing players for positions Jol didnt want players for was bonkers. I do like Monchi at Seville as a DOF the fella works with with coach in making the signings.

As Wegner says the day Arsenal appoint DOF will be the day before he quits. Head strong & manager with big ego's are never going to work with DOF because they will back themselves to be the person with the best eye for good footballers

Link?

Because last I heard he was actively looking for one.

Link?

Nicky Hammond was a rumored target but the DOF works for him a bit like Gordon Milne worked for Bobby Robson. The manager is still the main man.

Baggio you know me I aint going to make it up man, if you still want link I try & find it but ffs man.

Going by job descriptions alone, Wise is probably the least culpable individual of the trio at the club right now.

Wise is supposed to appoint coaches and bring the best young academy talent to the club.

Vetere is supposed to coordinate the scouting and help Keegan and Wise assemble their shortlists.

Jimenez is meant to be the negotiator for the biggest deals.

Now, which of those three areas has performed worst?

Link?

Nicky Hammond was a rumored target but the DOF works for him a bit like Gordon Milne worked for Bobby Robson. The manager is still the main man.

Baggio you know me I aint going to make it up man, if you still want link I try & find it but ffs man.

well do yoy know what wise's job actually entails ? bearing in mind keegan always said he had the final say in everything

Link?

and as far as I'm aware keegan is supposed to be the main man, that's what he's been coming out and telling us every week anyway.

The way I see it is we've brought some quality players in in Jonas and Coloccini and you can bet that neither would of been in keegan's thinking if he went at it alone, we seem to have a good manager, good scouts and are trying to make some progress with our academy, they all just need their heads banged together.

Going by job descriptions alone, Wise is probably the least culpable individual of the trio at the club right now.

Wise is supposed to appoint coaches and bring the best young academy talent to the club.

Vetere is supposed to coordinate the scouting and help Keegan and Wise assemble their shortlists.

None.

Link?

well do yoy know what wise's job actually entails ? bearing in mind keegan always said he had the final say in everything

All aspects below first team level. Also interlinks with what James has said Jeff & Tony do, I think Keegan having the final say may have been one of the problems.

Link?

The quote in bold reminded me of the scene in Resevoir Dogs where the guys in the chair getting his ear cut off. I didn't realise Baggio was such a nasty character.  ;D

None.

I think you could level some criticisms at those aspects of the job being covered by Vetere and Jimenez, but it is impossible to say what went wrong and who was at fault.

Assuming he is not overstepping his job description, I can't see where Wise can be criticised right now.

and as far as I'm aware keegan is supposed to be the main man, that's what he's been coming out and telling us every week anyway.

The way I see it is we've brought some quality players in in Jonas and Coloccini and you can bet that neither would of been in keegan's thinking if he went at it alone, we seem to have a good manager, good scouts and are trying to make some progress with our academy, they all just need their heads banged together.

Yes, the PR about how it all works has been like the Iraq minister of Information esq.

As for the rest lets hope it works out for Newcastle United.

Link?

The quote in bold reminded me of the scene in Resevoir Dogs where the guys in the chair getting his ear cut off. I didn't realise Baggio was such a nasty character;D

He is not, I just can be arsed looking on google for quotes that were on Football Focus interview :thup:

Personally, I dont think there is too much wrong with the current set up, especially with the connections across the world to bring in some quallity players. However, Keegan should ALWAYS have the final say. How can he ever build a team to play to his own tactics when he is given players he didnt know about thrown in. He should be able to request players with certain skills/qualities and then leave them to do the searching while his focus is on the team

I think he's been grabbing political power and backed by Jimenez and Vetere, is doing quite well.

based on ?

Todays events.

what in todays events make you think jiminez and vetere are launching a bid for power (jiminez maybe but vetere?)