Dennis Wise

Optimistic Nut

I think he's been grabbing political power and backed by Jimenez and Vetere, is doing quite well.

based on ?

Todays events.

what in todays events make you think jiminez and vetere are launching a bid for power (jiminez maybe but vetere?)

Thats not what i said. I've looked at the transfers that came in and the reaction of the manager and seen who was in control.

I think he's been grabbing political power and backed by Jimenez and Vetere, is doing quite well.

based on ?

Todays events.

what in todays events make you think jiminez and vetere are launching a bid for power (jiminez maybe but vetere?)

Thats not what i said. I've looked at the transfers that came in and the reaction of the manager and seen who was in control.

thats the surprise. no-one expected us to really splash chelsea ammounts yet most think we've had a decent window. if keegan was miffed cos he didn't get heskey and wanted to mark aline in the sand about smith,barton and milner then maybe its for the better ?

Guest saintscoobz

why are most people in this thread aticking up for denis wise.

The guys a cock, plain and simple and should not be any where near my beloved football club

Yes - lets ignore the odious little s*** who has failed miserably to strengthen the squad adequately and has undermined the manager since he was appointed.

Isn't wise in charge of Academy affairs, not first team?

Supposedly but I've got the impression that at least some of the media stirring about his role in transfers is true.

Just thought I'd say, think the stick he's got today has been pathetic and uncalled for. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but this has nothing to do with him. This looks between Ashley, KK, and Llambias to sort out, so let's back off Wise a bit.

Bollocks!

I hate the little cockney t***, and it shows a total lack of understanding of NUFC and football in general that Ashley appointed him in the first place.

sorry like, but that's as stupid a post as they come

A lot of people saying they're pleased with Wise/Jimenez/Vetere because of the players they've brought in, well tbh I think KK is as well. He might be over the moon with Xisco but if he was made promises about certain positions being filled with the Milner money and that hasn't been done, he has every right to feel aggrieved.

You might say he was putting it on but for my money, he's looked absolutely delighted with Jonas and Coloccini.

Just thought I'd say, think the stick he's got today has been pathetic and uncalled for. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but this has nothing to do with him. This looks between Ashley, KK, and Llambias to sort out, so let's back off Wise a bit.

Bollocks!

I hate the little cockney t***, and it shows a total lack of understanding of NUFC and football in general that Ashley appointed him in the first place.

sorry like, but that's as stupid a post as they come

Sorry, but you are coming across like a horrible little twat... :-)))

A lot of people saying they're pleased with Wise/Jimenez/Vetere because of the players they've brought in, well tbh I think KK is as well. He might be over the moon with Xisco but if he was made promises about certain positions being filled with the Milner money and that hasn't been done, he has every right to feel aggrieved.

You might say he was putting it on but for my money, he's looked absolutely delighted with Jonas and Coloccini.

I totally agree. However, what if Keegan wasnt delighted with one of these players. For example, not many people know much about Xisco. What if he turned out to be shite and Keegan didnt want him? Theres no doubt that signings soo far have been impressive. BUT Keegan and no-one else should have final say on who comes in and who goes out

Regardless of what it is that he actually does for the club, he's always come across as a horrible little t***

i've been told i come across as a horrible little t*** as well. but i guarantee you, once you get to know me, you'll see i'm just a regular nice guy

I'll take your word for it  :razz:

It has been proved that Dennis Wise has failed to do his job properly to the level needed. If Keegan is in charge of first team affairs and Wise in charge of recruitment then if Keegan says we need four players in these positions then Wise should get them. It didn't happen. Instead we tried to offload players we couldn't afford to lose during the closing of the window. I am not talking about them being good they are bodies to rely on if and when needed (we only had Barton as a proven PL player as a sub at Arsenal along with Bassong) whilst fielding a not match fit Ameobi. Trying to sell playings when in this position was madness.

Instead we should have invested the Milner money and other funds on the players / positions we need. We didn't.

4 points out of 9 is a good return considering we have playe Man U and Arsenal in our opening 3 games. Keegan has proved he can do his job probably by saving us from relegation last season. Wise had his chance and failed BIG time IMO and if that Lambias (sp.) bloke is taking the side of Wise then Ashley needs to wake up, smell the coffee and get rid of them both and let Keegan get on with his job.

I am not saying the DOF system thing we have would not work I thinks it's a good idea but trying to sell players when our squad was sooo small was sheer madness.

All big clubs have global scouting operations and scouts very seldom live close to the club. None of our previous chief scouts have been based on Tyneside.

Being London based actually helps us with it's air links etc.

Dennis Wise was a good appointment - he did a great job at Leeds - and has started producing goods here in terms of the junior and senior players he has brought in.

Like all Newcastle fans I used to give him stick in his playing days but working WITH Keegan he could be a great asset.

Again most of the tripe written about him is from mischief making mackems pretending to be Newcastle fans or scurrilous reporters with an anti-Newcastle agenda.

Yes - lets ignore the odious little s*** who has failed miserably to strengthen the squad adequately and has undermined the manager since he was appointed.

Isn't wise in charge of Academy affairs, not first team?

This is what I thought. But I guess all the people on here know more than I do going by the way that they blame Wise for everything.

All big clubs have global scouting operations and scouts very seldom live close to the club. None of our previous chief scouts have been based on Tyneside.

Being London based actually helps us with it's air links etc.

Dennis Wise was a good appointment - he did a great job at Leeds - and has started producing goods here in terms of the junior and senior players he has brought in.

Like all Newcastle fans I used to give him stick in his playing days but working WITH Keegan he could be a great asset.

Again most of the tripe written about him is from mischief making mackems pretending to be Newcastle fans or scurrilous reporters with an anti-Newcastle agenda.

Pretty much spot on. Obviously Wise is a Londoner and was an odious little scrote when he was a player. But what he's done since then has generally been good, and I don't see any reason why so many people are against him.

I don't see much evidence that this episode has much to do with Wise at all.

I thought we didn't believe anything the press said?  So how come most people seem to be using press rumours against Ashley, Wise etc now?

I thought we didn't believe anything the press said?  So how come most people seem to be using press rumours against Ashley, Wise etc now?

Because Kevin Keegan can do no wrong and these dodgy Southerners are pure evil.