Dennis Wise

Optimistic Nut

He's just an easy target because of who he is. Bet the halfwits chanting for his head earlier have never heard of Tony Jimenez, for example.

Complete c*** as player & person iirc so yes he does fall into the easy target category. Has the pint sized cockney prick been on TV saying how he is going to work with Kevin Keegan? Or has it always been left to Kevin to say how things are going to work, like it was him fending the questions about Milner, Round leaving, the so called summit meeting last year. Sam Wallace was bang on the money on Sunday when he said it is always Keegan that is rolled out to explain s*** because the club know Kevin has earned his stripes with most fans & people will go with it if Keegans says it. Executive Director (Football) & MD have f*** all to say to the fans via the media because they know people are not going to listen to there crap & people will see through these fakes. Wullie not getting at you here just wanted to type that :thup:

Regardless to whether he's invloved in this mess or not, WE DON'T WANT HIM AS OUR NEXT MANAGER. FACT

Thanks for that Mr. Gilmour.  :thup:

i agree. the way leeds fell apart when poyet left him was good to watch but only from a far

Mate of mine used to work in a London ad agency when Wise was at Chelsea and he was banging one of the receptionists there. Apparently Wise would ring up several times a day and he used to just shout down the phone regardless of who picked it up: "JOOOLS!! JOOLS!! WHATCHADOIN BABE?"

Arrogant prick back then, so I see no reason why that would have changed now.

I totally agree with the OP, this witch hunt of Wise is crazy and there's no solid evidence to back it up.

I hope fans do not take their frustrations out on him at the next game

Do you honestly think people are going to rally round the current regime?

Dream on.

Some things are a step too far and seeing Dennis Wise as "the face" of Newcastle United is one of those things for me and a lot of other people.

Just thought I'd say, think the stick he's got today has been pathetic and uncalled for. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but this has nothing to do with him. This looks between Ashley, KK, and Llambias to sort out, so let's back off Wise a bit.

Bollocks!

I hate the little cockney twat, and it shows a total lack of understanding of NUFC and football in general that Ashley appointed him in the first place.

You complain about the media in one thread and believe everything that is said about Wise in another. Amazing.

What are you going on about!? I didn't mention the media in that post. I don't need the tabloids to convince me that Wise is an odious little shite!

Dennis Wise, Director of Football at NUFC. Does that sound right? Think about it!

Just thought I'd say, think the stick he's got today has been pathetic and uncalled for. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but this has nothing to do with him. This looks between Ashley, KK, and Llambias to sort out, so let's back off Wise a bit.

Bollocks!

I hate the little cockney twat, and it shows a total lack of understanding of NUFC and football in general that Ashley appointed him in the first place.

You complain about the media in one thread and believe everything that is said about Wise in another. Amazing.

What are you going on about!? I didn't mention the media in that post. I don't need the tabloids to convince me that Wise is an odious little shite!

Dennis Wise, Director of Football at NUFC. Does that sound right? Think about it!

Go on then, tell me how you know what he does, or doesn't do.

No one has a clue what has happened today so everyone is equally to blame. Agree though thats its unfair for any 1 person to be singled out but Wise is just an easy target for people to take their frustration out on.

He would have been aware when he took the job on that if any little thing went wrong that clashed with Keegan, that he would be first in line for the slagging off

wrong. not equal blame but no blame till we know who done what and why.

Aye that was what i meant to say... i just worded it shite !

Bollocks!

Aye, should get Beardsley, not only is he local but he's got plenty of experience of bullying young lads so he could pick on them until they sign.

Mate of mine used to work in a London ad agency when Wise was at Chelsea and he was banging one of the receptionists there. Apparently Wise would ring up several times a day and he used to just shout down the phone regardless of who picked it up: "JOOOLS!! JOOLS!! WHATCHADOIN BABE?"

Arrogant prick back then, so I see no reason why that would have changed now.

not really that arrogant to think your banging partner will answer the phone when she one of the receptionists and then to ask what shes doing is actually quite considerate. he even used a little pet name. how cute.

arrogance is "hello. don't care if thats jools or not. YOU are sucking me off tonight"

It might have worked better if the people doing the scouting and negotiating were so obviously not chosen by Keegan. And btw what was the real reason behind Arthur Cox leaving?

The whole point in them not being chosen by Keegan is that when he leaves the whole structure is still in place, so we're not left in the position like we were under Roeder where we had nobody running the academy and one scout.

Beresford said Cox left because he had back problems but he was only here short term anyway.

I totally agree with the OP, this witch hunt of Wise is crazy and there's no solid evidence to back it up.

Dream on.

Some things are a step too far and seeing Dennis Wise as "the face" of Newcastle United is one of those things for me and a lot of other people.

I've been as cynical as anyone about Ashley's motives, but if they pull the rabbit out of the hat and get KK to stay, I'll be bloody delighted with them for doing so.

My point anyway was that why single out Wise in all this ? It's the whole recruitment team that f***ed up iyam. It's pretty clear that KK wasn't happy with the hand dealt to him but that wasn't the sole fault of Dennis Wise.

Bollocks!

Aye, should get Beardsley, not only is he local but he's got plenty of experience of bullying young lads so he could pick on them until they sign.

I'd expect a Director of Football to have a comprehensive knowledge of European and World football, and a network of contacts around the world. I'm sure you'd agree that Dennis Wise did not, and never will, fit that bill.

Bollocks!

I'd expect a Director of Football to have a comprehensive knowledge of European and World football, and a network of contacts around the world. I'm sure you'd agree that Dennis Wise did not, and never will, fit that bill.

But he's building up a team around him that do, that's the point.

The signings of Jonas and Gonzalaz show they've got contacts.

Dream on.

I've been as cynical as anyone about Ashley's motives, but if they pull the rabbit out of the hat and get KK to stay, I'll be bloody delighted with them for doing so.

My point anyway was that why single out Wise in all this ? It's the whole recruitment team that f***ed up iyam. It's pretty clear that KK wasn't happy with the hand dealt to him but that wasn't the sole fault of Dennis Wise.

Undoubtedly theres a familiarity breeds contempt angle on picking on Wise and I have no problem condemning the whole setup - it mght work on the continent but I don't think it works in the UK, especially in Newcastle, and extra especially with KK as manager.

The whole idea of Dennis Wise's job and him as a person just sits wrong with me. Can't stand the little weasel.

He shouldn't get the stick in the way that he's just doing the job he's been asked to though - the blame should go to the person who has set up this undermining system. Naming no names, fatty.

Bollocks!

But he's building up a team around him that do, that's the point.

The signings of Jonas and Gonzalaz show they've got contacts.

You're missing the point or being deliberately awkward.

What qualified Wise for the job in the first place? If the job had been advertised do you really think Wise would have topped the list of prospective candidates? I think not!