Gianfranco Zola new West Ham manager

Dokko

Has Di Canio been ruled out or ruled himself out?

iam guessing he has as his odds are 84-1 looks like its Zola as hes odds on with bookies now

poyets odds on for us but i really can't see us getting him.

Hope your right, ive layed Poyet for a large amount at 2.20, also layed Donadoni for the wet ham job at 1.60

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7605386.stm

West Ham want Gianfranco Zola to be their new manager and expect to agree a deal with the ex-Chelsea forward by Thursday, BBC Sport understands.

The Hammers board met on Monday and were unanimous in deciding Zola was the right man to succeed Alan Curbishley.

Zola was on a shortlist alongside Roberto Donadoni and John Collins.

A senior club source told BBC Sport: "We are now negotiating with Gianfranco, although a final decision will be subject to board approval."

He added: "We were very comfortable with the three options we had - Zola, Donadoni and Collins - but Gianfranco was the first choice.

"The board gave Scott Duxbury authorisation to approach him and will meet Gianfranco before any contract is signed."

The West Ham board have really put their necks on the line here, bringing in such an inexperienced guy who also just happens to be a legendary figure at one of the clubs rivals.

If Zola gets off to a bad start then the crowd will be on his back in no time.

The West Ham board have really put their necks on the line here, bringing in such an inexperienced guy who also just happens to be a legendary figure at one of the clubs rivals.

What's been the consensus with your lot about Moyes being linked to us? Not saying there's owt in it like.

What's been the consensus with your lot about Moyes being linked to us? Not saying there's owt in it like.

Nobody is worried or taking it seriously at all.

I can't believe the odds were so short for a while, I think I saw 6/1. He was even as low as 12's at some bookies for the West Ham job ffs :lol:

i think he's what the hammers need right now, if the fans will be patient with him.

I would expect them to be. Certainly would hope they will be. He is as respected an ex-player of a major rival that its possble to find.

Nothing to dislike about Zola. Seems a decent fella.

Big difference between Northern Rock and XL, Northern Rock still exists (ableit publicly owned), XL look like they have now ceased trading.

Can't remember this happening to the sponsor of Premier League team before. Key thing about XL is that it is also backed by the Icelandic's. Are they running out of money??

Big difference between Northern Rock and XL, Northern Rock still exists (ableit publicly owned), XL look like they have now ceased trading.

Can't remember this happening to the sponsor of Premier League team before. Key thing about XL is that it is also backed by the Icelandic's. Are they running out of money??

Didn't Allsports go bust while sponsoring Charlton, when they were still a PL team?

yes they are.. i think  they will sell the club in the next six months