Gianfranco Zola new West Ham manager

Dokko

I think that Keegan and Ashley decided they needed to generate a warchest for next transfer window and heard Curbs could be on his way out. Few well placed rumours, Keegan surefire to leave, lay a load of cash on Betfair, Curbishley out as far as 30 or 40 - 1, stick down a million of fat mike's wad and there we go, tens of millions for Keegan to spend in Jan, at no cost to the club, whilst any loyal fans keeping faith and betting for the club were rewarded too. Win win. Case closed, lock the Keegan still manager thread.

All so clear now you put it like that.

Guest optimistic nit

The difference between the reporting of this and the same thing at NUFC (hang on, which hasn't even fucking happened yet) is absolutely hilarious.

aye. curbs is even worse. they've sold 2 first team defenders, we were talking about selling 2 players who haevn't even played for us yet (well, barton's had 2 minutes)

Off subject a bit, but how long does it take to recover from a broken leg ? Aparently Dyer is stil a few months away from recovery and he broke his in July 07. Just i can't remember anyone else being out as long

Off subject a bit, but how long does it take to recover from a broken leg ? Aparently Dyer is stil a few months away from recovery and he broke his in July 07. Just i can't remember anyone else being out as long

I believe Dyer had recovered from that leg break and got a new leg fracture in a pre-season come back game.

Guest optimistic nit

i think the hammers will really struggle this year. i thought they were going to have a bad season before curbs left, this will make it worse.

Bye.

Obviously wanted to take some of the limelight away from keegan.

WHU looking a bit fuked right now.

hopefully they are.

And any chance of getting Bellamy back ?

and damn the board that sold him.

just joshing.

Guest optimistic nit

resigned because he was undermined on transfers as well.

From what I read earlier, this may have been becasue they sold McCartney back to Sunlun without his (Curbs) knowledge.

And we were laughing at KK possibly walking for the club trying to sell Smith and/or Barton!!

He has two fit centre-backs. Two.

to put that into perspective thats only one more than spurs have.

( :razz: kingdawson)

Guest optimistic nit

Bye.

Obviously wanted to take some of the limelight away from keegan.

WHU looking a bit fuked right now.

hopefully they are.

And any chance of getting Bellamy back ?

lets see if his injury problems are behind him first.

Victim of the modern game I'm afraid gentleman.

I don't have a shred of sympathy for West Ham. It doesn't help that I already had a general dislike of their fans, but to boo and jeer him after everything he's done for that club is a disgrace. Let's not forget this is the man who had the bottle to take the helm when they were neck high in the shit, saved them from relegation and then consolidated the following season with a solid mid-table finish. This behaviour is more than likely to have an effect on the board's confidence in Curbishley.

Now that doesn't mean the board are bulletproof either. They should have had more sense than to let the knee-jerk reaction of the fans influence their treatment of the manager. In fact the influence of the fans may not have been more great, but the fact is their are now far too many men sat in board room's up and down the country who have far too much influence in first team affairs and are swayed far too easily by their respective fan bases.

Get used to it I'm afraid, the new hands-on looking board rooms are here to stay whether we like it or not.

amazing george graham still gets on these lists, i know he hasn't retired from managing but the guy hasn't got near a job in almost a decade

S.Billic 7/4

S.Pearce 6/1

R.Mancini 7/1

T.Brooking 8/1

H.Redknapp 10/1

P.Di Canio 10/1

M.Allen 14/1

M.Jol 16/1

D.Deschamps 20/1

G.Hoddle 20/1

K.Keegan 20/1

M.Lippi 20/1

S.Allardyce 20/1

S.McClaren 20/1

A.Pardew 25/1

S.Coppell 25/1

A.Shearer 33/1

D.O'Leary 33/1

D.Wise 33/1

G.Graham 33/1

G.Houllier 33/1

I.Dowie 33/1

T.Venables 33/1

M.Newell 50/1

P.Ince 100/1

T.Cottee 100/1

amazing george graham still gets on these lists, i know he hasn't retired from managing but the guy hasn't got near a job in almost a decade

S.Billic 7/4

S.Pearce 6/1

R.Mancini 7/1

T.Brooking 8/1

H.Redknapp 10/1

P.Di Canio 10/1

M.Allen 14/1

M.Jol 16/1

D.Deschamps 20/1

G.Hoddle 20/1

K.Keegan 20/1

M.Lippi 20/1

S.Allardyce 20/1

S.McClaren 20/1

A.Pardew 25/1

S.Coppell 25/1

A.Shearer 33/1

D.O'Leary 33/1

D.Wise 33/1

G.Graham 33/1

G.Houllier 33/1

I.Dowie 33/1

T.Venables 33/1

M.Newell 50/1

P.Ince 100/1

T.Cottee 100/1

Souness doesn't even get a mention these days.  :lol:

Souness doesn't even get a mention these days.  :lol:

IIRC souness was 20/1 to replace the `sacked` Keegan

Now THAT is funny. If KK were sacked and replaced by Souness there WOULD be full scale riots at SJP.

Paddy Power have suspended betting on next West Ham manager, anyone heard anything concrete?

After rumours all over Belfast, I was trying to get some money on Strachan.

As I said in the Sunderland thread, this is rumoured to be followed up by Keane to Celtic and O'Leary to the mackems.

EDIT: This is all just talk amongst Celtic fans here, not ITK at all, and before anyone puts money on it, I will remind you of my prediction that Mark McGhee was going to replace Allardyce here!!

Guest Toon Argy

Has Di Canio been ruled out or ruled himself out?

iam guessing he has as his odds are 84-1 looks like its Zola as hes odds on with bookies now

poyets odds on for us but i really can't see us getting him.