Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Donadoni and Curbishley considered for Newcastle job

On the plus side, we could fit some good songs about Donadoni to the tune of "The One and Only"

He is the Donadoniiii, nobody we'd rather see,

Apart from Kevin Keegan,

Yeah, thanks for that, Mike Ash-er-ley

Now that the transfer window is shut and Ashley has declared he isn't staying, what exactly is stopping Keegan putting himself forward for the job? Surely it's only transfers he's bothered about, and they can't make anymore for a few months anyway.

Plus he loves the club so much to put the differences behind him.

-getting my sanity back-

Frankly, I think Keegan is still the way to go.

( 1 ) He did bring us to a height the first time he took charge.

( 2 ) This time round, he did put us on a upward trend.

( 3 ) He has the support of the fans needed to stabilise the club at this very moment.

As such, he is pretty 'trial and tested' (at least at managing Newcastle United) until proven otherwise in the future.

I want Terim, Bilic or Zico.

First off, I think they're attainable and would do a good job.

Secondly though, I've been putting a bit of money on them on Betfair so if any of them turned up at the long odds I've managed to secure them at then that's the season ticket paid for! :lol:

Bilic would be my first choice as he seems to have a strong enough personality to deal with the s*** shower that comes with the job.  But I just can't see many credible candidates being interested.  No job security, questionable authority, an average squad, no coaching staff and bad finances...what are the upsides? 

I don't know if it's been mentioned, not getting on very much at the moment but Dave Whelan has told the BBC the following about Steve Bruce: "I think the whole country realises he is one of the best four managers in the world."

:lol:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, not getting on very much at the moment but Dave Whelan has told the BBC the following about Steve Bruce: "I think the whole country realises he is one of the best four managers in the world."

He is bigging him up in readiness for our new owners to come steaming in for him

So Lambrini the MD is not over Dubai selling the club he is looking to bring a temp boss (Curbs or O'Leary), while the DOF & the contract man/transfer man are out selling the club with Mike.  I have no direct quotes about the above & it is off reading the Chronicle, some posts on here & watching SSN. It all sounds f***ed up to me.

Mine & Alan Olivers paths crossed once again during our lunch breaks, I usually see him in the Grainger Market but today he was leaving M & S with a bag full bait.

So Lambrini the MD is not over Dubai selling the club he is looking to bring a temp boss (Curbs or O'Leary), while the DOF & the contract man/transfer man are out selling the club with Mike.  I have no direct quotes about the above & it is off reading the Chronicle, some posts on here & watching SSN. It all sounds f***ed up to me.

Mine & Alan Olivers paths crossed once again during our lunch breaks, I usually see him the Grainger Market but today he was leaving M & S with a bag full bait.

i wonder if Oliver gets his stories from the tramps that hang around that part of town.

Suffice to say any caretaker manager will probably have a Tottenham connection - that much is nailed on, surely - so Terry Venables or Glenn Hoddle would probably both make sense.

Or Bruno Metsu, if we get bought up by the Arabs.

Suffice to say any caretaker manager will probably have a Tottenham connection - that much is nailed on, surely - so Terry Venables or Glenn Hoddle would probably both make sense.

David Pleat Anyone......go on ...fill ya boots....

David Pleat Anyone......go on ...fill ya boots....

Gerry Francis.

Christian Gross.

George Graham.

Is it just me or is anybody else's blood running cold as you read these names out? :frantic:

Venables wouldnt be a bad bet. Dislike the man but he is a good coach and would command respect amongst the players, rather than sneers and laughter the O'Leary or Curbs would provoke.

Cant see us appointing anyone other than Interim which cuts the decent names down to minimum.

Interim could be a bad bet mind, just imagine O'Leary did well for a few matches, suddenly the press would be wetting themselves pushing him for the full time job, wouldnt take long for the mongs to follow suit.

There isnt much reason for Keegan not coming back if he really wants the job now Cashley is on the way out.

I think it would be farcical to get someone in for a month or two only for Keegan to come back with new owners, If he doesnt come back now Id rather we moved on to someone completely different with the new board coming in.

Venables wouldnt be a bad bet. Dislike the man but he is a good coach and would command respect amongst the players, rather than sneers and laughter the O'Leary or Curbs would provoke.

Cant see us appointing anyone other than Interim which cuts the decent names down to minimum.

Interim could be a bad bet mind, just imagine O'Leary did well for a few matches, suddenly the press would be wetting themselves pushing him for the full time job, wouldnt take long for the mongs to follow suit.

There isnt much reason for Keegan not coming back if he really wants the job now Cashley is on the way out.

I think it would be farcical to get someone in for a month or two only for Keegan to come back with new owners, If he doesnt come back now Id rather we moved on to someone completely different with the new board coming in.

This is always my fear when we are in transistion and why I prefer them to install a new guy with the minimum amount of dilly dallying. Obviously this time it's a little bit complicated by the uncertainty over the ownership of the club.

Terry Venables

When banners are up saying "Cockney Mafia Out", I hardly think the appointment of this wideboy crook would really help matters.

On a personal note, I'd not set foot in St James' Park if he was in charge on principle. That's how much I dislike the man.

Oh, and to those saying he's a good coach - What did he win exactly? A cup and a league in 3 years with Barcelona (Well done Terry, you're supposed to win things with Barca. They were the best team back then) and getting England to the Euro semis (Have a look at the history of that competition, every home nation prior to 1996 had qualified for at least the semis, including such footballing luminaries as Sweden, Belgium and Yugoslavia).

The most over-rated coach ever, has achieved nothing other than becoming the darling of the southern press for being a cheeky chirpy cockney.

[in case you haven't noticed, I don't like the man!]

Terry Venables

When banners are up saying "Cockney Mafia Out", I hardly think the appointment of this wideboy crook would really help matters.

On a personal note, I'd not set foot in St James' Park if he was in charge on principle. That's how much I dislike the man.

Oh, and to those saying he's a good coach - What did he win exactly? A cup and a league in 3 years with Barcelona (Well done Terry, you're supposed to win things with Barca. They were the best team back then) and getting England to the Euro semis (Have a look at the history of that competition, every home nation prior to 1996 had qualified for at least the semis, including such footballing luminaries as Sweden, Belgium and Yugoslavia).

The most over-rated coach ever, has achieved nothing other than becoming the darling of the southern press for being a cheeky chirpy cockney.

Terry Venables

:clap: