Zola?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why would people take him then? Because he has a foreign name? Fucking hell.

I personally think there are some similarities between 1992 KK and Zola, although in addition Zola is highly regarded in Italian coaching circles.

I think we'd try to play good football, he'd have a good relationship with the players, and he'd have a good relationship with the system.

Does he have any actual qualifications or experience beyond beng a mate of Dennis Wise?

An Italian passport. You just know the same people swooning over yet another Chelsea yes-man with no qualifications would turn their nose up at Alan Shearer.

Does he have any actual qualifications or experience beyond beng a mate of Dennis Wise?

An Italian passport. You just know the same people swooning over yet another Chelsea yes-man with no qualifications would turn their nose up at Alan Shearer.

I don't know why they are even considering Zola when they could have Shearer tbh.

As a general topic, how many Newcastle fans would actually want Shearer in charge at this moment in time? I'd personally not want him at all. At this stage, anyway.

As a general topic, how many Newcastle fans would actually want Shearer in charge at this moment in time? I'd personally not want him at all. At this stage, anyway.

I don't like Shearer personally, but I have a feeling he could be a good manager. He's ruled himself out in any case so it's a dead topic under the current owner.

Placate fans. :lol:

What, with Gianfranco Zola? Aye righto.

Yeah he's a real fans favourite (at Chelsea). Why would appointing Zola placate the fans? Oh look, one of Dennis Wise's mates is coming in to coach NUFC. That's just what we want.

It will never happen but if we're stuck with Mike Ashley's ownership why not go for someone proven and decent? Frank Rijkaard isn't working at the moment. It may be pie in the sky but we could at least ask if he's interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Rijkaard

As a coach, Frank Rijkaard's essential philosophy is to guide his team towards playing attack-minded football as a cohesive unit. In doing this, he believes a team can achieve the dual objectives of winning games and ensuring the audience's enjoyment of the spectacle.

Guest timmy boy

After reading this thread I thought I would watch a few compilations of him and it reminded me of what a class act he was at Chelsea, he scored some outrages goals.

If he was appointed NUFC boss I would be very underwhelmed but how I feel about our club at the minute that feeling would be the same for most appointments.

Guest Sniffer

Nobody with any backbone is going to move into the job. Under this regime it'll just be a case of " yes, massa wise " " straight away, bwana"

Why the fuck are we now apparently just recruiting anyone who once played for chelsea?

I agree. Just what fucking qualification does this Italian U-21 coach have ffs?

maybe we should appoint steve wigley then, he's an under 21 coach too, only he has more of a track record in coaching and has actually managed before.

Guest Sniffer

Why would anybody in their right mind take this job unless from a footballing point of view?

I can understand somebody with no priciples or integrity sitting around smirking with wise as to how much money they are squeezing out of the thick geordie bastards. But that's about it. Probably means another cockney twat of course.

Guest elbee909

Ashley's main criteria for next manager: Must have been successful in London in the past.

Guy Fawkes has ruled himself out.

He'd be an explosive appointment tbh.

Too much at stake.