Hull...Protest?

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit over-exaggerated but I can kind of see where you're coming from. To say it was all Keegans doing this last 15 years is a bit extreme. Think you have Sir Bob and a few others to think of tbh....not just King Kev.

I didn't say it was all Keegan's doing but they all had a better starting point because of where he got us to the first time he was here.

You have to also point out John Hall's millions played their significant role.

Keegan deserves his dues, it was a special time, better than winning a cup here or there for me. I am quite angry that the decision to bring him back has ended like this though. He's gone, no doubt getting on with his life, but our club is left in a mess due to the mistake of bringing him back to do a job he wasn't prepared to do.

Keegan deserves his dues, it was a special time, better than winning a cup here or there for me. I am quite angry that the decision to bring him back has ended like this though. He's gone, no doubt getting on with his life, but our club is left in a mess due to the mistake of bringing him back to do a job he wasn't prepared to do.

Maybe they should have told him what they expected from him at the start instead of waiting so long, I'm basing that on the level of evidence in the public domain.

I think regardless of what we do it'll make no difference, he probably will sell up soon irrespective of boycotts, turning up late or chanting. Such things might make people feel 'in charge' briefly....that's not the right expression really, just like you're not lying down to it all, just frustration. So long as we don't turn on each other we'll ride it out, I hope we're all ready with the scouse "calm down, calm down" on Saturday.

I think regardless of what we do it'll make no difference, he probably will sell up soon irrespective of boycotts, turning up late or chanting. Such things might make people feel 'in charge' briefly....that's not the right expression really, just like you're not lying down to it all, just frustration. So long as we don't turn on each other we'll ride it out, I hope we're all ready with the scouse "calm down, calm down" on Saturday.

We need to win the football match basically. Then people can shout and protest all they want, deep down that will make most people happy.

One question I would like answering...is how come people only feel so passionately about making their voices heard when something bad happens?

Thats a great point. A 2500 word essay on this topic, to be handed to me on Saturday please.

:-)

Just seen pictures on SSN of Ashley going into Sports Direct AGM. Reporter claims Ashley has employed 2 former SAS men as body gaurds.

Somehow I don't think he is expecting a hostile reception from the other 25% of shareholders who will be at the meeting.

So why employ former SAS men?

Cos he fears he is now a target by fans! Until after Saturday that is!

He wont be at the Game, wont here the chants inside the Stadium and will ride out the storm.

For me, this is not about getting behind the team I have supported for over half a century at the Hull game. It is considerably more important than that.

There is a cancer in our club. You can not get rid of cancer by shouting at it. As somebody said earlier this is not about getting Keagan back. For me it is about cutting the cancer out!

We need a concerted campaign well beyond the Hull game so Ashley will continue to feel insecure and continue to employ retired special forces.

Surely there are enough people following this club who are prepared to be a bit more imaginative than shouting nasty things at Ashleys empty seat!

One of his employees found it impossible to continue to work alongside/under some of his other employees at the club, arguably rightly took the moral high ground, and walked.

A cancer that needs cutting out? Jesus wept.

OK Bottledog, I suppose we can count you out!

Well yes, born coward, but just see most of the non verbal forms of action suggested as causing us more unnecessary turmoil.

I have no doubt Ashley can see the uproar that Keegans percieved push from the club has caused and knows that he either has to move forward and make a success of it to survive, or walk. If there is no better buyer in the wings and he does the later, then I just don't see how continually attacking him and causing further financial and emotional strain on the club helps.

Can you elaborate on born coward?

Well maybe I did myself (it was not a slight towards you) a disservice. I just don't like to cause ructions where I feel there is no great benefit (to myself, or in this case, the club).

We need to win the football match basically. Then people can shout and protest all they want, deep down that will make most people happy.

you know with angry people full of booze there'll be fighting between the "protest all the time-ers" and the "protest before and aftere but support the team during the match-ers"

One question I would like answering...is how come people only feel so passionately about making their voices heard when something bad happens?

Thats a great point. A 2500 word essay on this topic, to be handed to me on Saturday please.

:-)

:lol:

I'll try.... :razz:

I'm getting wary of all this tbh. Its an over simplification of things of course, but would people really be wetting their knickers as much if this had happened a year ago and it was Allardyce who had spat the dummy over not getting what he wanted.

Lets just get behind the lads on Saturday and give Hull a good tonking.  :thup:

Most people were unhappy with Allardyce as manager and so probably wouldn't have been too disappointed.

Keegan was popular, so most are disappointed.

I agree, let's get behind the lads to beat Hull, but we simply can't carry on as if nothing has happened.

Keegan and we the fans have been betrayed IMO.