Hull...Protest?

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no disrespect like kane....but more bullshit. shit like the above, and the statement by TF, not to mention the mong banners outside the stadium are only helping to make this club less stable.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the way you insist on putting down anyone who disagrees with it is getting pretty tiresome.

The Mag, True Faith, Toon Ultras, the clear majority on here (see poll results) not to mention the likes of Sir Bobby Robson and Alan Shearer all think there's something rotten with the current set-up, and believe something should be done about it - I agree with them and applaud their willingness to stand up and be counted on behalf of Geordies everywhere.

I agree with this. I understand that the team need to be got behind, now more than ever, but they're professional football players, being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to go out and play football. They should be able to beat Hull in an empty stadium (not that i agree in any way with the boycott idea). How about the flipside? If everyone turns up, sings and cheers as if nothing has happened, then those players may very well think that Ashley and co can do what the hell they like and everyone of them does have a price, that they'll all be moving on sooner or later because the fans will just take it from behind and just carry on regardless. I think there is a line between passionately supporting the team and blindly following come what may. A lot of people have decided the line has been crossed and some kind of protest has to be made. Not everyone agrees, fair enough, but to be calling them every name under the sun because of it is bullshit, if they've bought their ticket / their replica shirts / whatever they have as much right as the next person to make a stance. I don't think they'll be there calling you names for cheering the team on and not protesting, so why have a go at them? Nobody knows what has happened other than those who won't, at present at least, come out and tell us, so we all have to forge an opinion based on what we know, we obviously won't all agree.

Looks like Hull will have a 12th man in the St James' crowd on Saturday. At least I hope these cretins are in a minority.

I back the lads to shock the suicide corps by dealing out a beating to Hull and sending them packing.

Absolutely. I wonder what the atmosphere would be like if we put 3 or 4 past them.

Conversely I wonder what it would be like if they do that to us.

Looks like Hull will have a 12th man in the St James' crowd on Saturday. At least I hope these cretins are in a minority.

I back the lads to shock the suicide corps by dealing out a beating to Hull and sending them packing.

Absolutely. I wonder what the atmosphere would be like if we put 3 or 4 past them.

Conversely I wonder what it would be like if they do that to us.

It will get very hostile if hull do that

Guest Darth Toon

How about the flipside? If everyone turns up, sings and cheers as if nothing has happened, then those players may very well think that Ashley and co can do what the hell they like and everyone of them does have a price, that they'll all be moving on sooner or later because the fans will just take it from behind and just carry on regardless.

That's an excellent point - if the players think an absolute legend like KK can be utterly shafted without the fans batting an eyelid I can't imagine they'll be too inclined to bother their arses going the extra mile for us when the chips are down.

An aggressive, hostile atmosphere often generates a surprisingly good performance too - the players will know full well it isn't aimed at them.

How about the flipside? If everyone turns up, sings and cheers as if nothing has happened, then those players may very well think that Ashley and co can do what the hell they like and everyone of them does have a price, that they'll all be moving on sooner or later because the fans will just take it from behind and just carry on regardless.

That's an excellent point - if the players think an absolute legend like KK can be utterly shafted without the fans batting an eyelid I can't imagine they'll be too inclined to bother their arses going the extra mile for us when the chips are down.

Ironically KK will probably be out shopping with his missus having put all this behind him and enjoying a nice holiday.

I get your point but they'll know full well how angry the fans are as it is so I don't see where you are coming from with your "fans batting an eyelid" comment . The media coverage and the general feeling around the city and the club will have made them well aware already.

Obviously you are quite right that something has to be done at the Hull game, it's easily the best place for us to get our voices heard. I just don't want to distract or discourage the players from playing well. We've still got a game to win.

Ironically KK will probably be out shopping with his missus having put all this behind him and enjoying a nice holiday.

For me this isn't really about KK any longer, he's gone and i'm fucking gutted, but i've accepted that. It's about the lies we have been fed (that Mirror article along with the Mike Ashley interview offer some peachy quotes that show quite clearly we've been bullshitted) and the fact that the guy who owns the club doesn't seem to give a shit he's done this. I don't care if he has appointed other people to do the job of running the club, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realise that when the shit is hitting the fan about something he knows a load of people passionately care about, you shouldn't be out getting smashed up with a bunch of wannabes and getting photographed by the press. He's not stupid, he'd have known there was a good chance those photos would get published and people would be up in arms. I'd say there's a good chance he read that statement before it was released. It's as if he's trying to test just how far he can push people and get away with it. He's pushed certain people too far and deserves to know that we won't just lap it up and pretend all is rosey. I wouldn't be surprised if he's relying on Geordie Pride to win the day and everyone to cheer their hearts out for the lads regardless. I'd like to think he'll get a rude awakening come Saturday.

Guest Brazilianbob

I suppose it goes without saying that we should all boycott the official website.  Having said that I don't suppose they would notice as their hits must be minimal.

I suppose it goes without saying that we should all boycott the official website.  Having said that I don't suppose they would notice as their hits must be minimal.

That probably wouldn't affect a thing in all honesty, plus it'll probably happen naturally anyway.

As this thread is similar to the 'positivity' one....

Fuck me, evryone outside of Newcastle thinks we are all a bunch of tossers, and all eyes will be on us on Saturday. We can either support the team on the pitch fully, and try to encourage them to win 3 points, or we can all go on like the bunch of idiots the SSN are so keen to portray us as.

Me, I am going to support the team for 90 minutes, slag off Ashley, Wise and co before and after the game as well as half time, and I am NOT gonna spend any money at all in the ground. I will still wear my shirt and I hope that I am not the only one who cheers the lads on, cos first and foremost I want 3 points, and after this last week, I want something to smile about. And not give the media another opportunity to slag us off.

I love KK, hate Ashley and the rest of his cunts woh caused this mess, but NUFC will be here forever, and winning is the most important thing as far as I see it.

If that makes me a sheep, then so be it.

But I want us to win.

HAWAY THE LADS!

Boycotts only work if they are widespread- it's obvious this won't be the case on Saturday-it will just make it appear that the fans are divided amongst themselves- if we are to be united then we should be in the ground.

Boycotts only work if they are widespread- it's obvious this won't be the case on Saturday-it will just make it appear that the fans are divided amongst themselves- if we are to be united then we should be in the ground.

Yep. :thup:

As this thread is similar to the 'positivity' one....

f*** me, evryone outside of Newcastle thinks we are all a bunch of tossers, and all eyes will be on us on Saturday. We can either support the team on the pitch fully, and try to encourage them to win 3 points, or we can all go on like the bunch of idiots the SSN are so keen to portray us as.

Me, I am going to support the team for 90 minutes, slag off Ashley, Wise and co before and after the game as well as half time, and I am NOT gonna spend any money at all in the ground. I will still wear my shirt and I hope that I am not the only one who cheers the lads on, cos first and foremost I want 3 points, and after this last week, I want something to smile about. And not give the media another opportunity to slag us off.

I love KK, hate Ashley and the rest of his c***s woh caused this mess, but NUFC will be here forever, and winning is the most important thing as far as I see it.

If that makes me a sheep, then so be it.

But I want us to win.

HAWAY THE LADS!

:doh:

In terms of statements to Ashley:

40,000 would be better than 50,000

30,000 would be better than 40,000

Any kind of drop that isnt the norm would be more powerful than any chanting.

A drop in attendance with banners draped outside the stadium (as well as protests outside); a message sent to Ashley via his customers, and a message sent to Ashley via the media (attendance coverage & banners coverage).

Once again our football club has been turned into a laughing stock and we feel as a group that some action must be taken. We fully support the actions outlined in True Faiths/Mags press release, but we also propose additional forms of action -

The reason the club has become a laughing stock is because of the mongs hanging around outside the stadium, holding banners with the word 'boycoutt' on it and drinking bottles of white lightning like they think they're clever.

People are laughing about Keegan walking too, not because of anything Ashley has done but because he's got a reputation for walking out on clubs.

Once again our football club has been turned into a laughing stock and we feel as a group that some action must be taken. We fully support the actions outlined in True Faiths/Mags press release, but we also propose additional forms of action -

The reason the club has become a laughing stock is because of the mongs hanging around outside the stadium, holding banners with the word 'boycoutt' on it and drinking bottles of white lightning like they think they're clever.

People are laughing about Keegan walking too, not because of anything Ashley has done but because he's got a reputation for walking out on clubs.

:nope:

Its everything and everyone making us a laughing stock - not just Keegan.

To a man, down here in Birmingham, everyone said "what are you doing employing Dennis Wise". People's perception of the club is that its a joke and a mess from top to bottom.

I thought they'd have someone in before the game but now I'm not so sure. In a way I hope they don't, because if they're misguided enough to try and parade them before kick-off or at half-time it'd be really embarrassing to see them booed by the SJP crowd.

I have to agree that I get a lot of stick for supporting NUFC and living outside of the north east.

Part of it is justified, although most of it is a combination of jealousy and knowing that it winds me up because I care about it. Its difficult to wind up an irish Chelsea fan who's only supported Chelsea for 5 years, because the bottom line is they don't really give a shit to what actually happens at Chelsea.

Back on topic, if the owners and managers have brought chaos on the club again, then it is left to the other parts of the club to try and bring it back again i.e. the fans and the players.

How do we do that? With a half arsed boycott? By parading for the Sky cameras? Bollocks. Go to the game, and create an atmosphere that raises the players to a performance, and hammer Hull. Part of that can be singing all of the Keegan songs in unison during the game, part can be chanting sack the board before the game, at half time and at full time etc. 

Guest Geordiesned

In terms of statements to Ashley:

40,000 would be better than 50,000

30,000 would be better than 40,000

Any kind of drop that isnt the norm would be more powerful than any chanting.

A drop in attendance with banners draped outside the stadium (as well as protests outside); a message sent to Ashley via his customers, and a message sent to Ashley via the media (attendance coverage & banners coverage).

That'll just be a message to Ashley that these stupid Geordies have already paid and aren't using their tickets. He'll be laughing.