Hull...Protest?

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So whats the plan if we already have a new manager in place by next Saturday?

I'll still buy nothing from inside the ground and we'll still not buy anything from anywhere owned by Ashley and we usually spend a fortune on Newcastle gear on the run up to Christmas, we usually buy from the club through mail order.

And what do you hope to achieve by that?

You think a drop in Sales Revenues wont register with Mike Ashley ?

If there's a drop in revenue from the club then he'll look to either make it up in other areas which would either be ticket prices or having less money in the transfer pot.

It just seems so petty all because keegan walked out.

I honestly think its a bit more than just Kevin walking. The tone and wording of that statement last night was poor and the fact its all a bit faceless isnt helping either. There is an air of ruthlessness about it all that I dont think is sitting very well.

Goodness knows what can happen between now and next June but its going to be mightily interesting when the season ticket renewals come out for next year - assuming Mike is still in charge.

Those other areas you talk of of ways of coping with reduced revenues are only going to add fuel to the fire of discontent towards him/them. Was bad enough this transfer window.

If there's a drop in revenue from the club then he'll look to either make it up in other areas which would either be ticket prices or having less money in the transfer pot.

I have every right to make a choice where and when I spend my money and I've made that choice, if it's petty then I can live with that.  Keegan walking out isn't really the thing that's pushed me, it's the petty statement that our club have made which I know is as least partially lies so I have no reason to believe that more of it isn't just the same bullshit dressed up as fact.

The guy is a multi-multi millionaire, I really can’t see him losing any sleep over us lot not buying a few pints, I mean he bloody bought the beers at the last game! We have got no real way of hurting him financially, not really and we all know that long term we love the club and will always support it.

I say we boycott the Hull game and refuse to buy tickets for the Spurs cup match. Empty seats on the TV and in the press, that will communicate our level of pissed off-ness.

I’ve hardly missed a home game for 20 years but I’ll not be there Saturday.

Dont you believe it mate :

" It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints."

He will see weekly/monthly figures like every other business. He knows what this club is like for its shirt and club shop sales. If he sees a drop in the figures he is going to start asking questions of people. No way will he just say "ah well, not to worry". Is there a new shirt due out next summer ? Be a fly on the wall when they dont start selling.

So perhaps he may not worry about it directly, but someone somewhere, is going to have to answer to him as to why the sales figures are down.

He spends money like there is no tomorrow because, in the past, he has been a ruthless bastard when there has been fluctuations in his business figures.

Okay, so here's a follow on from the other thread. Let's see what comes out on top....

First we have the idea of a boycott, which I doubt many of us will fully back. This boycott could just be for the first/second half or even just a smaller amount of time...i.e. arrive in the ground 15mins late. It could also be for the full game.....

Second is the idea of a march. For a march to take place it would take a hell of a lot of organising and the Police would HAVE to be informed. Is it really worth the hassle? I think a protest would be just as effective at the ground...but each to their own...there's that idea too.

Third idea. There is a universal thing called Eurostand...which the Toon Ultras were kind of hoping to show some backing for at the Hull game. However, with all this nonsense with Keegan vs Ashley, obviously we have our minds on more important matters. I thought this would be a good idea for us all to show we will stand up and be counted. By standing up, we would give them a bit of a nightmare about health and safety and it would look quite good and show we are all united. By doing this we can be in the ground, back the lads, and sing pretty much anything we choose. I reckon this would be a good idea an could work extremely well with enough publicity.

Idea #4...Just go to the game as normal, and support the lads.

Idea #5..please state your alternative option....

I for one would vote for option 3. Vote away, and discuss...cheers.

no other option for me. we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't go.

the damage the previous regime heaped on us in its last few years was significantly more damaging than what's just happened, when you consider we went from a club in the CL with SBR at the helm, to a poxy mickey mouse club which we;ve been in the past few years. I don't recall any serious mass boycotts or protests.

the best way to get your point across if you're wanting the board and ashley out would be to go to the match and protest there before and after the game. during the game we must be big enough to support our players and help them get the 3 points.

I have every right to make a choice where and when I spend my money and I've made that choice, if it's petty then I can live with that.  Keegan walking out isn't really the thing that's pushed me, it's the petty statement that our club have made which I know is as least partially lies so I have no reason to believe that more of it isn't just the same bullshit dressed up as fact.

holy crap!!! Mick!!! have you been seduced by the dark side? seems like you're agreeing with NE5 these days  :weep:

I want the good old days back!!

Lets all wear Sunderland shirts while we're at it.

On a more serious note, can we just do whatever it was we did when Robson was so disgracefully sacked by the club in 04/05.

Oh, that's right, we didn't do anything. Despite him having actually achieved something with his team and being undermind disgracefully by the club (regardless of the owners at the time, they still represent the actions of NUFC). Maybe we can all have a word with ourselves on the morning of the match too.

The treatment of SBR was much worse that the way KK was treat.

Whatever was wrong with the set up in Keegan's eyes it was his choice to walk rather than to stay on and fight the system he opposed.

now that the dust has settled, i want to do nothing more than to go to the game on Saturday and sing my heart out! Whatever happens with everything else before and after the game can happen, dont buy drinks, pies etc but the lads need 50k people singing for them on Saturday and we need to make SJP formidable and get the 3 points - This is what is most important.

I totally agree with you Elliotman but im afraid if the fans dont make a stand NOW , and show the rest of the country we wont be made to look the laughing stock anymore then im afraid that will be labelled with us forever more.

I wouldnt like to think the fans have to force Mike Ashley out , but if we have to then so be it. I think someone will buy the club soon , and if the fans stick together on all aspects , MARCH/PROTEST together , then go to the game together and SUPPORT THE LADS , this surely would make us the most UNITED fans in the land.

I am sure 110% the players will understand our frustration !!

now that the dust has settled, i want to do nothing more than to go to the game on Saturday and sing my heart out! Whatever happens with everything else before and after the game can happen, dont buy drinks, pies etc but the lads need 50k people singing for them on Saturday and we need to make SJP formidable and get the 3 points - This is what is most important.

absolutely right

absolutely right

I agree.

Guest Darth Toon

Haven't seen this posted yet?

Press Release From true faith and the The Mag     

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ACTION!

The Mag – true faith Newcastle United Fanzines joint statement

Like many Newcastle United supporters we have been sickened by the events of the last week and the departure of Kevin Keegan from his position as manager of our club. We believe Kevin had little alternative but to resign given the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Dennis Wise, Executive Director of Football and Derek Llambias, Managing Director who like Kevin were appointed by Mike Ashley. While Kevin Keegan remained at Newcastle United the fans trusted that the club was moving forward at last, with Keegan’s departure all trust has gone.

Both The Mag and true faith believe there has been a fundamental break in trust between board and the support.

Both true faith and The Mag have been inundated by requests from supporters keen to take action against those within the boardroom of Newcastle United.

Having read many hundreds if not thousands of e-mails sent into both fanzines we are recommending the following action in protest at its appalling treatment of Kevin Keegan and the entirely unworkable structure it has established at the club, namely around the club’s transfer policy.

That initial action includes;

An immediate and indefinite boycott of all Newcastle United merchandise to include replica shirts, other club clothing and any items sold at official NUFC outlets. It will also include the non-purchase of all Newcastle United programmes and magazines as well as food, drinks and beverages of any description. This boycott will include raffle tickets, lotteries and any other products associated with Newcastle United Football Club. This to include also a boycott of all club bars including Shearer’s Bar as well as club cafes, official club tours, visits to the NUFC museum and any other activity which generates an income for Newcastle United.

This boycott to be extended to any retail outlet or product owned either in full or in part by Mike Ashley e.g. Sports Soccer, Lillywhites etc.

We do not advocate a boycott (this is backed up overwhelmingly in the emails we have received) of the game against Hull City at SJP on Saturday 13/Sep/08. Newcastle United’s players have done nothing wrong and certain individuals have behaved impeccably given the manner in which their manager and team-mates have been treated this last week. They remain deserving of our support.

We advocate supporters vocally expressing their disgust against the current regime whether they are at the match or not, which will act as a clear demonstration of the antipathy of supporters towards Ashley, Llambias and Wise. There should be no abuse directed at any Newcastle United player.

We insist that Mike Ashley does not attend away games amongst the travelling support. He is not a Newcastle United supporter and as far as true faith and The Mag are concerned he is not welcome amongst our ranks. If any effort is made by Ashley to attend future away games we would recommend the away support to vocally remind him he is not wanted amongst us. We do not advocate violent disorder of any description.

Michael Martin,

Editor, true faith

Mark Jensen,

Editor, The Mag

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/5A3BBE2459C4D961802574BE003BFB38?OpenDocument

Haven't seen this posted yet?

Press Release From true faith and the The Mag     

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ACTION!

The Mag – true faith Newcastle United Fanzines joint statement

Like many Newcastle United supporters we have been sickened by the events of the last week and the departure of Kevin Keegan from his position as manager of our club. We believe Kevin had little alternative but to resign given the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Dennis Wise, Executive Director of Football and Derek Llambias, Managing Director who like Kevin were appointed by Mike Ashley. While Kevin Keegan remained at Newcastle United the fans trusted that the club was moving forward at last, with Keegan’s departure all trust has gone.

Both The Mag and true faith believe there has been a fundamental break in trust between board and the support.

Both true faith and The Mag have been inundated by requests from supporters keen to take action against those within the boardroom of Newcastle United.

Having read many hundreds if not thousands of e-mails sent into both fanzines we are recommending the following action in protest at its appalling treatment of Kevin Keegan and the entirely unworkable structure it has established at the club, namely around the club’s transfer policy.

That initial action includes;

An immediate and indefinite boycott of all Newcastle United merchandise to include replica shirts, other club clothing and any items sold at official NUFC outlets. It will also include the non-purchase of all Newcastle United programmes and magazines as well as food, drinks and beverages of any description. This boycott will include raffle tickets, lotteries and any other products associated with Newcastle United Football Club. This to include also a boycott of all club bars including Shearer’s Bar as well as club cafes, official club tours, visits to the NUFC museum and any other activity which generates an income for Newcastle United.

This boycott to be extended to any retail outlet or product owned either in full or in part by Mike Ashley e.g. Sports Soccer, Lillywhites etc.

We do not advocate a boycott (this is backed up overwhelmingly in the emails we have received) of the game against Hull City at SJP on Saturday 13/Sep/08. Newcastle United’s players have done nothing wrong and certain individuals have behaved impeccably given the manner in which their manager and team-mates have been treated this last week. They remain deserving of our support.

We advocate supporters vocally expressing their disgust against the current regime whether they are at the match or not, which will act as a clear demonstration of the antipathy of supporters towards Ashley, Llambias and Wise. There should be no abuse directed at any Newcastle United player.

We insist that Mike Ashley does not attend away games amongst the travelling support. He is not a Newcastle United supporter and as far as true faith and The Mag are concerned he is not welcome amongst our ranks. If any effort is made by Ashley to attend future away games we would recommend the away support to vocally remind him he is not wanted amongst us. We do not advocate violent disorder of any description.

Michael Martin,

Editor, true faith

Mark Jensen,

Editor, The Mag

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/5A3BBE2459C4D961802574BE003BFB38?OpenDocument

Admirable intentions, but if you ask me they are a bunch of soft shite prima donnas seeking attention

Agree with everything the Mag and TF say. Boycott is not an option.

I know its difficult for many to miss a game, but surely if you care for the club you can manage not to buy a pie or beer in the ground, just get tanked up before you get in! This will hit the owners where it hurts. If this goes on all season, they will be shitting themsevles when renewal time comes up.

This won't of course give a public display, which can damage the owners in a different way. I think the most effective public display would be for 55,000 fans to turn up (not buying merchandise or beer or pies of course), all dressed in clothes other than the strips (I would suggest black if it could be organised and publicised properly), and then sing for 90 minutes in support of the team.

I don't agree with the abusing Ashley part though - as a businessman he has put running the club in the hands of others - it would be weak management to sack those just because the majority are not in favour with their decisions. He shouldn't warrant personal abuse, and should be allowed to attend the away games with his family if he wants to. If the other actions above end up damaging the club, we will as fans have proved to him that those running the club are incompetent as they have damaged the public perception and financial performance of the club by their actions.

Personally, i'm going to boycott the game - the media will pick up on it, and ram it don that useless fat cunt ashley's throat.

Ashley is ENTIRELY at fault, because HE is the absolute retard who put Wise and Jimenez in place.

He's a fat, lying cretin, and has managed the seemingly impossible by making me want Shepherd back.

Agree with everything the Mag and TF say. Boycott is not an option.

I know its difficult for many to miss a game, but surely if you care for the club you can manage not to buy a pie or beer in the ground, just get tanked up before you get in! This will hit the owners where it hurts. If this goes on all season, they will be shitting themsevles when renewal time comes up.

This won't of course give a public display, which can damage the owners in a different way. I think the most effective public display would be for 55,000 fans to turn up (not buying merchandise or beer or pies of course), all dressed in clothes other than the strips (I would suggest black if it could be organised and publicised properly), and then sing for 90 minutes in support of the team.

I don't agree with the abusing Ashley part though - as a businessman he has put running the club in the hands of others - it would be weak management to sack those just because the majority are not in favour with their decisions. He shouldn't warrant personal abuse, and should be allowed to attend the away games with his family if he wants to. If the other actions above end up damaging the club, we will as fans have proved to him that those running the club are incompetent as they have damaged the public perception and financial performance of the club by their actions.

now that makes a lot more sense than the tripe coming out of TF and the mag

Personally, i'm going to boycott the game - the media will pick up on it, and ram it don that useless fat c*** ashley's throat.

Ashley is ENTIRELY at fault, because HE is the absolute retard who put Wise and Jimenez in place.

He's a fat, lying cretin, and has managed the seemingly impossible by making me want Shepherd back.

when do you turn 14?

Personally, i'm going to boycott the game - the media will pick up on it, and ram it don that useless fat c*** ashley's throat.

when do you turn 14?

wind your neck in, softarse.

when do you turn 14?

wind your neck in, softarse.

in three years' time then

Do you go to the match (Newcastle I mean) monkey ?

Cos if you don't actually go you can't really boycott it.

I simply can't respect the opinions of people when they say they want Shepherd back. It's as if the years under him never existed, and that he is angelic in comparison to Ashley who has made one major monumental fuck up. Far, far from it. Hate Ashley all you want but don't let that excuse the negative points of Shepherd's reign. They've both hurt the club, just leave it at that.