Emotional attachment to Keegan could prove catastrophic to the club?

Jamie87

We talk about this emotional attachment to Keegan now but it has been suggested that we have never really let go since he was here the last time and his shadow over the club has been one of the reason of our inability to maintain any decent standards since.

Maybe this latest episode is our "closure" ?

He didn't cast a shadow over Bobby.

We talk about this emotional attachment to Keegan now but it has been suggested that we have never really let go since he was here the last time and his shadow over the club has been one of the reason of our inability to maintain any decent standards since.

Maybe this latest episode is our "closure" ?

It's certainly not closure for me. Not the way it has all ended.

I dont know what to think at the minute if I am honest. Sometimes I think about whats gone and I get frustrated that he walked, then when I see a picture of him in toon gear like in your avatar, I just feel sad he isnt here any more and that it ended so shite for him. Whatever his flaws, he doesnt deserve to leave the club this way. Its just not right

I don't like the guys running the club and I won't show them any support at all.

I don't like this "support Newcastle, not them (ashley & co)" stuff because they're the ones in charge, I won't be spending any money on merchandise etc until they're gone or they have made up for the disgrace they have just put us through, and I sincerely hope it's the former.  :angry:

Guest thenorthumbrian

I don't like the guys running the club and I won't show them any support at all.

I don't like this "support Newcastle, not them (ashley & co)" stuff because they're the ones in charge, I won't be spending any money on merchandise etc until they're gone or they have made up for the disgrace they have just put us through, and I sincerely hope it's the former.  :angry:

Spot on, why the hell should fans just accept being shafted by the likes of Ashley and Wise ? 

Personally if the clubs' plans for the future actually work and lead NUFC to the top end of the table or even possibly a trophy then I would prefer that to a new owner

Spot on, why the hell should fans just accept being shafted by the likes of Ashley and Wise ? 

Who said you should accept it? The point some people are making is that the last thing the club needs is more drama, protesting will do the club no good at all and it won't make a difference to Ashley selling, only money will.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Who said you should accept it? The point some people are making is that the last thing the club needs is more drama, protesting will do the club no good at all and it won't make a difference to Ashley selling, only money will.

If you don't make a protest then you are just accepting any shi-te Wise and Ashley come out with. 

If you don't make a protest then you are just accepting any shi-te Wise and Ashley come out with.  

If you do make a protest then you're wasting your time and creating more bad publicity for the club. The choice is yours.

You are allowed to swear on here.

Everyone can do something to make their voices heard but I don't think not protesting means you're accepting anything in particular - what about the people are who are just disillusioned and fed up with the club and just don't feel like bothering to do anything? Disillusionment doesn't always equal disinterest.

Guest thenorthumbrian

If you do make a protest then you're wasting your time and creating more bad publicity for the club. The choice is yours.

And you can be docile and accept anything even if its wrong.

That is obviously your choice.

You can also be hostile, start costing the football club money and watch the transfer kitty shrink while Ashley tries to cover his losses. Then moan and groan even more when instead of signing a Coloccini he signs some Bolivian centre half for £500,000.

Guest thenorthumbrian

You can also be hostile, start costing the football club money and watch the transfer kitty shrink while Ashley tries to cover his losses. Then moan and groan even more when instead of signing a Coloccini he signs some Bolivian centre half for £500,000.

I have put money into this club for years, season ticket year after year, shopping at the club shop , going to cup games and some away games, the total amount over the years will come to thousands and thats no big deal there are many more like me.

But that cunt Ashley will not get another penny out of me, and I go to the match with half a dozen other matess who are all as angry as me - if not more so.

And believe me these aren't the "boo boys" just people who are very pissed off.

Once Ashley starts to piss off long standing fans like these then it might just be that we have something to moan about, we've earned the right to be unhappy with the behaviour of  both our owner and director of football and have the right to express it.

I will be at the game on Saturday- already got the season ticket- but I will follow the True Faith and Mag plan and avoid giving one penny to anything connected to Ashley's businesses.

Maybe instead of an expensive Modric we'll get a 26 year old from a poor south american league who has never made a permanent transfer to europe until now, and whose club don't rate him enough to play him, and even then, only on loan?

nah, could never happen.

I have put money into this club for years, season ticket year after year, shopping at the club shop , going to cup games and some away games, the total amount over the years will come to thousands and thats no big deal there are many more like me.

But that cunt Ashley will not get another penny out of me, and I go to the match with half a dozen other matess who are all as angry as me - if not more so.

Once Ashley starts to piss off long standing fans like these then it might just be that we have something to moan about, we've earned the right to be unhappy with the behaviour of  both our owner and director of football and have the right to express it.

I will be at the game on Saturday- already got the season ticket- but I will follow the True Faith and Mag plan and avoid giving one penny to anything connected to Ashley's businesses.

You can do what you want mate, it's your money. By the same token, it's Ashley's money that is going to be spent/not spent on hiring staff, buying players and the rest. If the club starts making less money they'll spend less on new players. I just wonder if these plebs from True Faith and The Mag have thought about this? If they know for sure that there's someone out there about to buy Ashley out then fair enough. But I doubt it.

I don't like this "support Newcastle, not them (ashley & co)" stuff because they're the ones in charge, I won't be spending any money on merchandise etc until they're gone or they have made up for the disgrace they have just put us through, and I sincerely hope it's the former.  :angry:

Personally if the clubs' plans for the future actually work and lead NUFC to the top end of the table or even possibly a trophy then I would prefer that to a new owner

What's the point in all of these plans those if it means managers will leave who are taking us forward?

Guest thenorthumbrian

But that c*** Ashley will not get another penny out of me, and I go to the match with half a dozen other matess who are all as angry as me - if not more so.

You can do what you want mate, it's your money. By the same token, it's Ashley's money that is going to be spent/not spent on hiring staff, buying players and the rest. If the club starts making less money they'll spend less on new players. I just wonder if these plebs from True Faith and The Mag have thought about this? If they know for sure that there's someone out there about to buy Ashley out then fair enough. But I doubt it.

No one knows what Ashley thinks as it is obviously beneath him to talk to anyone about the club he owns.

First of all we don't have managers at Newcastle United any more, we have head coaches.  Wouldn't want anyone getting in the way of little Mr Wise would we :rolleyes:

Second, I doubt anyone's going to direct there anger at a new 'head coach', unless its someone like Wise or Poyet.

Oh and finally this isn't just about emotion towards Keegan, its about the whole situation.  Its about the unmitigated tossers we have running the club.