Any player joining Liverpool should get a good burglar alarm

LoveItIfWeBeatU

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7607035.stm

Robbie Keane has become the latest in a long line of Liverpool footballers to be targeted by thieves.

The 28-year-old's penthouse suite was raided while he was away for Ireland's 2-1 win over Georgia on Saturday.

Keane had been using a Liverpool hotel while he searched for a home after his £20m move from Tottenham.

It is believed an expensive watch and jewellery were stolen. Steven Gerrard and Pepe Reina are among the club's stars to have been burgled in the past.

A spokesman said: "Merseyside Police is investigating reports of a theft which took place in a city centre hotel.

"A quantity of jewellery was taken."

Former Liverpool players Jerzy Dudek and Peter Crouch were also burgled during their time at the club.

Hotel eh? He's leaving expensive watches and jewelery in a hotel room?

I'm presuming he though there might be a bit of security and I also would have thought they'd have made sure his room was safe and sound.

Don't suppose he's dossing down in a Travelodge...

I'm presuming he though there might be a bit of security and I also would have thought they'd have made sure his room was safe and sound.

Don't supposes he's dossing down in a Travelodge...

Wherever he is staying, at the end of the day it's a hotel room \ suite which numerous people will have access to. That's why the all have disclaimers saying do not leave anything of value in your room.

Don't supposes he's dossing down in a Travelodge...

Wherever he is staying, at the end of the day it's a hotel room \ suite which numerous people will have access to. That's why the all have disclaimers saying do not leave anything of value in your room.

Fair point.  :thup:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1665120.ece

Rob's 7th Kop victim of thieves

By FERGUS O'SHEA

ROBBIE Keane has become the latest Liverpool player hit by the Kop crimewave after his hotel room was burgled.

Thieves are said to have broken into his penthouse suite and taken wife Claudine’s valuable watch as he was away with the Republic of Ireland squad .

The striker is the seventh Reds ace targeted in the past two years. Others were Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Jerzy Dudek, Daniel Agger, Peter Crouch and Pepe Reina.

Keane, 28, is using the Liverpool apartment as a temporary base as he seeks a permanent home.

Most of his personal items are in storage.

A source close to Keane and 25-year-old Claudine said: “It’s not clear how the thieves got in, but they obviously saw an opportunity and took it. It’s very unsettling — but all they got away with was a watch.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1665120.ece

Rob's 7th Kop victim of thieves

By FERGUS O'SHEA

ROBBIE Keane has become the latest Liverpool player hit by the Kop crimewave after his hotel room was burgled.

Thieves are said to have broken into his penthouse suite and taken wife Claudine’s valuable watch as he was away with the Republic of Ireland squad .

The striker is the seventh Reds ace targeted in the past two years. Others were Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Jerzy Dudek, Daniel Agger, Peter Crouch and Pepe Reina.

Keane, 28, is using the Liverpool apartment as a temporary base as he seeks a permanent home.

Most of his personal items are in storage.

A source close to Keane and 25-year-old Claudine said: “It’s not clear how the thieves got in, but they obviously saw an opportunity and took it. It’s very unsettling — but all they got away with was a watch.”

Knowing Scou

sers, they just did it on their break.

I wonder why this doesn't happen to Everton? Unless Big Dunc is guarding the door to everybody`s home!

No doubt in my mind that this is caused by inside information giving out players addresses, schedules etc. Seems that someone is really pissed off at Liverpool for this to happen so often!

I wonder why this doesn't happen to Everton? Unless Big Dunc is guarding the door to everybody`s home!

No doubt in my mind that this is caused by inside information giving out players addresses, schedules etc. Seems that someone is really pissed off at Liverpool for this to happen so often!

Happened to VDM last year

Did he ever get his dog back?

Did he ever get his dog back?

I think he did, yeah :lol:

:lol: I know how that sounded.

But I mean, you'd think, that someone would hear the commotion or something like that, it all seems quite easy ,as do all the robberies.