Croatia 1 - 4 England

midds

It's on Setanta tonight with a kick off of 8.00 pm

No highlights on terrestrial tv for the first time in about 40 years apparently.  ???

Were there highlights of the Andorra match?

Setanta are after £1million for the highlights to this game. They paid £5m for the rights and wanted to recoup 20%.

Apparently only 1million people have access to the game so they've paid £5 per viewer.

Out of business in a year with spending like that!

Aye and if there is so much as a spot of drizzle they lose the bloody signal as well. I gave up eventually on saturday night, every other channel bar Setanta worked fine with the rain. I watched the Argies on Sky instead in the end.

Am I the only one pleased that setanta have had the rights to these two matches?

If it was on I'd watch by default, but now I don't have to watch the whole sorry episode.

That and, No more John Motson :D

Fuck aye.

I'm dreading the day he retires, you just know that THAT clip will be shown a million times.

Met him in the lift down from the Bamburgh Suite, he was with Graham Taylor. Got talking to them, Motson was a complete tosser, Taylor was a top, top bloke.

Am I the only one pleased that setanta have had the rights to these two matches?

If it was on I'd watch by default, but now I don't have to watch the whole sorry episode.

Fuck aye.

I'm dreading the day he retires, you just know that THAT clip will be shown a million times.

Met him in the lift down from the Bamburgh Suite, he was with Graham Taylor. Got talking to them, Motson was a complete tosser, Taylor was a top, top bloke.

My experience of Motson is similar. A complete cock. Fucking awful bloke

I like Croatia and we'll do well to come away with a point. Don't think we will though and we'll lose 2-1.

The sad thing is I won't even give a shit regardless of the result. I used to love the Internationals but I've lost virtually all interest.  :-[

I would be looking forward to this but for it being on Sentanta, probably listen to it on the radio instead.

It should be a tight game but Croatia are one of the best around nowadays so a draw would be a damn good result.

What is it with peeps not wanting to watch Croatia v England in a WC qualifier? – poofs.

Fuck aye.

My experience of Motson is similar. A complete cock. Fucking awful bloke

Well he's always sounded like a complete tosser so gratifying to know it's true in reality as well.

Walcott  :lol:

Would have got better deliveries from Beckham which i think is more important today than Theo starting

Wright-Phillips, Bentley and Young are far better than both at the moment, absolutely stunned that not one of them starts in their place.

You's never know, this team might surprise a few people, it certainly looks a bit better than the usual lets pick Gerrard, Beckham etc because their 'stars' as usual. Agree with the fact young or bentley aren't in the team though, it's outrageous young isn't in the team.