Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

wingers don't necessarily have to cross, i see Jonas as the kind who brings the ball forward and plays a simple pass after advancing upfield. the wingers at arsenal, for instance, don't usually launch a high cross in from the throw-in line but try and play little 1-2s and intelligent passes to other attackers. I think Jonas in good spells with us has shown he has that ability, but for numerous reasons we havent been able to build up coherent flowing attacks in his time here. In this league, playing alongside players who are clearly better than the opposition, he'll look good and be pretty effective as he makes space for his team mates and gets the ball in the right areas. He did this to an extent in the premiership but as a crap side we were depending on him more to actually create and as is final ball is shit we ended up disappointed and he ended up with low confidence.

Would agree with that although Gutierrez has disappointed even in producing the final pass, never mind the crosses. Again though, his movement alone gives us something different and for all we have had decent results without him, we've played poor football in a lot of games.

wingers don't necessarily have to cross, i see Jonas as the kind who brings the ball forward and plays a simple pass after advancing upfield. the wingers at arsenal, for instance, don't usually launch a high cross in from the throw-in line but try and play little 1-2s and intelligent passes to other attackers. I think Jonas in good spells with us has shown he has that ability, but for numerous reasons we havent been able to build up coherent flowing attacks in his time here. In this league, playing alongside players who are clearly better than the opposition, he'll look good and be pretty effective as he makes space for his team mates and gets the ball in the right areas. He did this to an extent in the premiership but as a crap side we were depending on him more to actually create and as is final ball is s*** we ended up disappointed and he ended up with low confidence.

:nods:

Watched a 40 minute compilation of footage of him last season, opitimised exactly how good and equally frustrating he can be. The amount of times he ran with the ball through and around players and really opened the game up, only to then fail with the final pass or shot.

He's an intelligent player surrounded by players not on his same wavelength if you ask me, he'll never ever be able to adapt and become a traditional winger whipping crosses in, but his retention of the ball and running at players will terrify some of the shit in this division.

Glad he's back tonight.

Watched a 40 minute compilation of footage of him last season, opitimised exactly how good and equally frustrating he can be. The amount of times he ran with the ball through and around players and really opened the game up, only to then fail with the final pass or shot.

He's an intelligent player surrounded by players not on his same wavelength if you ask me, he'll never ever be able to adapt and become a traditional winger whipping crosses in, but his retention of the ball and running at players will terrify some of the s*** in this division.

Glad he's back tonight.

Foreign players, in particular South Americans are not brought up/trained in the way British wingers were. Their game is more about dribbling, keeping the ball on the deck, quick passing, playing though balls on the deck.....not the old British way of sticking to the sides, running to the byline and then high crosses to the big centre forward.

He does the difficult bit really well, then fucks up the easy bit, if he can sort out his passing and shooting, he will be amazing, well he already is but he could reach the Nile Ranger level of amazing.

Do us all a favour and stop being such a FUCKING BORE for once. Cheers.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

At this level he's a key player. He might not have a final product or the ability to be a good crosser of the ball, he can beat a man and excite the crowd. He's got good pace and work rate, and despite not being your traditional winger he may indirectly help us get a couple of goals

Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez has admitted he is scared of away games - because the opposition tries to bully him.

The Argentine will return for the Toon against QPR at St James' Park tonight after a hamstring injury, and he will be grateful to make his comeback on home soil.

He said: "I do feel targeted [in away games].

"That is why it is so important to play at home, because then we can play open football."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-s-Jonas-Gutierrez-is-scared-of-playing-away-article175833.html

Not sure if it has been posted

Had a quick look at Adam's post history for the laugh.

On Page 1 of his recent posts, 8 are in the football section.

6 of them are about Nile Ranger. :lol:

I thought your post history checking thing was restricted to just Dave?

Still, no matter. Anyone could have saved you the bother and told you he was an obsessive bore anyway.

No, no. You misunderstand me. I was talking about Shak in particular, as he always makes reference to trawling through your posts - he even started that "more posts on a forum than Dave?" thread in chat.

I know full well you can look through someones posts, bloody hell! :lol:

No, no. You misunderstand me. I was talking about Shak in particular, as he always makes reference to trawling through your posts - he even started that "more posts on a forum than Dave?" thread in chat.

I know full well you can look through someones posts, bloody hell! :lol:

Ah right. :laugh:

Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez has admitted he is scared of away games - because the opposition tries to bully him.

The Argentine will return for the Toon against QPR at St James' Park tonight after a hamstring injury, and he will be grateful to make his comeback on home soil.

He said: "I do feel targeted [in away games].

"That is why it is so important to play at home, because then we can play open football."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-s-Jonas-Gutierrez-is-scared-of-playing-away-article175833.html

Not sure if it has been posted

So he doesn't, after all, admit he's scared of away games...  :facepalm: Yet more rubbish by the papers.

He's an intelligent player surrounded by players not on his same wavelength if you ask me, he'll never ever be able to adapt and become a traditional winger whipping crosses in, but his retention of the ball and running at players will terrify some of the s*** in this division.

Glad he's back tonight.

Foreign players, in particular South Americans are not brought up/trained in the way British wingers were. Their game is more about dribbling, keeping the ball on the deck, quick passing, playing though balls on the deck.....not the old British way of sticking to the sides, running to the byline and then high crosses to the big centre forward.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I mean, I was meant to put 'traditional British winger'.